I was lurking around and found a thread that contained a questionnaire, so I'd figure I'd answer it to see what you guys think. I think I've just about exhausted myself trying to figure out my type and have decided maybe an outside perspective would help.
1. What are 5 key qualities about you, and what is each of their direct opposites?
Observant - Inattentive
Sarcastic - Sincere
Quiet - Loud
Insightful - Unperceptive
Abstract - Concrete
2. Now explain why each of the opposites COULD be you and why it might be GOOD to be that opposite characteristic. Own them even if they are negative traits.
Inattentive - Could save me from a lot of anxiety, but then again, could cause more.
Sincere - Less people would be intimidated by me.
Loud - Could help me live life more efficiently.
Unperceptive - I'd fit in with the rest of society, considering most of it is. >.>
Concrete - Mmm. Well. If I had a more concrete perception of life I'd probably have better artistic talent (that is, pertaining to realism).
3. What would you say to a 5-year-old child if he or she asked you what the purpose of life is?
Whatever you want it to be.
4. What type of advice would you give that same child on how to survive in this world?
No matter what mistakes you make, don't take them to heart. And remember to take your own advice, not just mine. Talk to others, but remain independent as well.
5. If you were told you only had one year to live from today, and it was 100% guaranteed that you would die exactly 1 year from now, what would you do in that year?
Travel the world with whatever money I have and try to at least improve my psychological disorders.
6. Why aren't you doing this now?
I don't have the financial stability, my job sucks, and my will is week at the moment. I think if I were going to die for sure in a year my drive would sky rocket.
7. What do you really want in your truest self?
To be well, knowledgable, stable, content, and fulfilled.
8. What have you substituted/settled for compared to what you really want?
Much much less.
9. What are your defense mechanisms?
I become avoidant, impulsive, withdrawn, shaky, critical, or passive-aggressive.
10. What are some good habits that are needed for living a healthy adult life?
Ability to communicate effectively, listen to yourself, be responsible, and be competent.
11. What are you like in relaxed and non-threatening situations?
I become exceedingly witty, have thought-provoking conversations, a bit more outgoing, and am considered "bold" in my speaking (or objective).
12. What does your heart feel like it needs and wants?
A break from all this panic (constantly on edge), for me to accomplish something beneficial, and a stable, lasting relationship.
13. What condition is your heart in right now?
In the matter of health, I think awful. In the matter of love, decent for now. At the moment I am unfulfilled and carry around a feeling of hopelessness.
14. What does your head say it needs and wants?
Deeper, significant knowledge (that is from my point of view), and to express itself more outwardly.
15. What condition is your mind in right now?
Decent. Could be better.
16. What does your body say it needs and wants?
I have no idea... to stop being poisoned?
17. What is the condition of your body right now?
I really don't know.
18. Which do you trust the most in making an important decision between your head, body, and heart? Why?
My head. Emotions just make decisions cloudy and bodily decisions are foolish. Decisions are best made with your head, as you can weigh all perspectives efficiently.
19. Which do you trust the least in making an important decision between your head, body, and heart? Why?
My heart. I usually make those decisions when experiencing negative emotions, which leads to a lot of trouble. My heart can't be trusted and my head seems to always argue with it.
20. What is your predominant fault?
I am my worst critic. I also hate making mistakes more than anything.
21. Think of a time when you felt at ease and connected to yourself and others. What did you think about yourself, others, and the entire world during this time?
I felt confident, happy, and at rest. Of others, I thought they were not as bad as I once perceived, respected them, and found them to be enjoyable conversation. As for the entire world, opinion the same. Cynical.
22. Think of a time when you felt anxious and disconnected from yourself and others. What did you think about yourself, others, and the entire world during this time?
Depressed/self-loathing. Towards others, spiteful and hateful. And the world... spiteful and hateful.
23. What is an addiction or urge that seems to drive you as almost as if you’re not in control? Almost like an alien force that drives or pushes you down.
24. What things do you feel you cannot do because they might jeopardize your survival?
I have to know everything when I need to know it or I will die of panic.
25. What do you need in your life to face your fears?
More will power and motivation.
26. What is your own personal mission statement?
My mission is to accomplish all my goals and maintain an inner-calm.
I'm really not sure if this is enough information, but I figured I'd try it.