• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTJ, ENTP or ESTP?

What type am I?

• Total voters

rav3n

Possibly, not sure. But the external comparison kind of speaks of Fe.

Bear in mind, I'm no typologist.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Hahaha, that's actually something that I don't really see... Maybe it's tertiary idea again, or the fact that she starts off with the ENTJ description, but I do see directive more than informative in her approach and more organized than what I imagine an ESTP being, however it's difficult for me to tell ESTP's.

Doesn't mean we can't pretend. :)

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The difficulty with tests is if the individual responds with a preference, instead of responding by preference. And it's true, many online tests are crap.

mcb, correct me if I'm wrong but I think she "prefers" to be the stereotypical ENTJ since it would mean she is or will be successful in business. Success to her appears to equate to money which equates to creature comforts. This evaluation comes from mcb and my discussion in another thread, where she resented others with more, coveting their material goods.

I am what I am, but ESTPs are good matches for my line of business. :)

As for motivation, it's not so much that I care about creature comforts as I am just somewhat competitive. (Which I fuel towards action)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Only an EXTP would call himself Mr. Cockburn.

Sorry. Had to say it. ;D

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Jenaphor my dear, I know you well,
And that is why I'll try to tell
Why I think that ESTP,
Is not a type for you, but it is for me!

You know that the masses can't tell,
Because ENTJ and ESTP mimic each other well,
And I, balanced on J/P,
Am a terrible mess to guess upon, see!

Your thoughts are so deep, your writing exquisite,
When you talk about database theory my ears totally dig it,
Your humor is so sharp and full of wit,
And your culinary skills are top notch, don't forget it!

Your fashion is classy, yet sassy, and chic -
Your thoughts and opinions are sound and deep.
You are playful, yet don't get caught up in the hype,
And all of this points to "Field Marshall" as your type.

My S/N score is 60/40 I tell ya'
But when push comes to shove I'm a here and now fella'!
A Sensor I am, but not one without intution,
But my guess for you is a person of very wide vision.

So, ENTJ for you, and ESTP for me,
Thank God we get along so splendidly!
Because when push comes to shove we're more similar than not,
And enjoy viewing the world from different spots at the top!

:hifive:

Cheers, darling!

-Halla

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hahaha, that's actually something that I don't really see... Maybe it's tertiary idea again, or the fact that she starts off with the ENTJ description, but I do see directive more than informative in her approach and more organized than what I imagine an ESTP being, however it's difficult for me to tell ESTP's.

Doesn't mean we can't pretend. :)

The ENTJ description came first because I listed them in alphabetical order.

rav3n

Halla, my heart
You put me to shame
You know I adore you
I can be so lame.

You're not a mess
More a hyper Thor
A mix of intelligence
And push forward core.

You take no crap
And know who you are
Unafraid to excel
Optimist with no par.

As for staying in shape
Oh my do you ever
Comfortable in manhood
Poetry, oh so clever.

You're so ESTP
The poster child
mcb, look to Halla
You two share some wild.

:hug: to Halla!

F

figsfiggyfigs

Mr.Cockburn, your thread is now a poetry session between Halla and Jena :laugh:

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do you have to believe in something to actually promote it? You mentioned marketing. This questions is based on that. I fyou answer this I could narrow it down to ONE option out of the above mentioned 3 options.

I highlight the parts of the "something" I do believe in - and promote it from there. If you completely BS a shitty service/product, you're going to face extremely low customer satisfaction. Since dissatisfied customers are prone to telling everyone about it, in the long run, you'd end up with a reputation as a dishonest company with worthless products.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESTPs are directing, ENTPs are informing :yes:

I almost posted ''wtf are you talking about'' but you are right. I thought all Ps could be classified as informatives, but looks like STPs are classified as directives. I still keep my vote, as I was thinking along the lines of ''not as directive as an ENTJ and not as informative as an ENTP'' (if that makes any sense).

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENTJ:
-100% driven, goal-oriented and committed to making my impact on the world at large. I've been diligently working on my business, which is quickly expanding.
-I absolutely need to have loose ends tied, I don't like things hanging around half-done, it slows things down and they're more things to worry about.
-I am VERY decisive. I always have my end goal in mind and I intend to quickly figure out what will get me there, what won't, and what would hamper me.
-I plan everything I undertake, taking into account resources/time constraints/people available to assist/money/needs/deadlines. I can improvise, but that's really not ideal.

While these things could very well point to J, I think it's possible for a lot of these things could be ESxx motivated as well... getting things done in reality and whatnot.

ENTP:
-An actual inventor (have patents)
-I don't necessarily think in a step-by-step way. Sometimes I'll think of a conclusion that seems correct to me, and when I verify it, it turns out I was right. Ne leap!

I think that actual inventing would actually be very common among ENTJs and ESTPs.... they'll generally have the edge over the ENTPs on choosing one idea and then perfecting it.
Also the non step-by-step conclusion-then-verification things could very well be some Se-Ni interplay, or something.

ESTP:
-Love taking in the environment, the 5 raw senses of it, just for the sake of it. Good food, good music, good sex.
-very skilled at marketing.
-While I prefer for things to go according to plan, I can be adaptable if that's what the situation requires.
-I'm very practical, very down-to-earth. While I have a vivid imagination, I need to connect my musings with how I can implement them into reality to change it for the better.

Now these things seem to suggest ESTP..... I'm not sure how many Ns would describe themselves as "very down-to-earth." Any type can have a vivid imagination, but this "need" to connect things with real implementation suggests an S lean. In contrast, I definitely want to make my mark in changing reality, but in the meantime quite like imagining all sorts of things just for the fun of imagining them.

So I am going to guess that you are correctly typed :)

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mr.Cockburn, your thread is now a poetry session between Halla and Jena :laugh:

Isn't life grand? :newwink:

Hey, do you know the difference between a hormone and a vitamin???
You can't hear a vitamin!!! Muhahahahaaaaa!!!! :rofl1: :yim_rolling_on_the_ :happy:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your avi here is hysterically disturbing. :)

ENTP

o goodness, I just realized what it was. I was looking at it a different way before and I thought it was something else.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I almost posted ''wtf are you talking about'' but you are right. I thought all Ps could be classified as informatives, but looks like STPs are classified as directives. I still keep my vote, as I was thinking along the lines of ''not as directive as an ENTJ and not as informative as an ENTP'' (if that makes any sense).

it's true, a lot of people make this mistake. directive/informative is also much more personal preference and communication style than anything else. an ENFP in corporate upper management is probably going to have a more directing personality than an ENFJ who is a marriage councilor

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
WOw, Halla busted out in poetry and Jenaphor responded in kind.

Nice!

:popc1:

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
it's true, a lot of people make this mistake. directive/informative is also much more personal preference and communication style than anything else. an ENFP in corporate upper management is probably going to have a more directing personality than an ENFJ who is a marriage councilor

True...but in my case, I had to learn to not make requests in a really direct way. Too many feelers got upset, tried to retaliate, and eventually, I just learned that it'd simply behoove me to learn some soft skills. Some people just can't handle a straightforward answer or request, and many of them are all too eager to "put you in your place" (or at least try to, HA).

Especially being female, I continuously find that I tangibly get better results "seeming nice" than acting as my true self.

Fe/Ti? Could I be ENFJ?