• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTJ, ENTP or ESTP?

What type am I?

• Total voters

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm definitely an E, and possibly a T. But ESTJ is out of the question - I have absolutely no Si whatsoever. (Which isn't a problem usually - I delegate it all away and leverage my strengths instead - the benefits of this GREATLY outweigh the nominal costs)

However, I see traits of the other three types in myself:

ENTJ:
-100% driven, goal-oriented and committed to making my impact on the world at large. I've been diligently working on my business, which is quickly expanding.
-Even as a teenager, I was naturally articulate, composed and fit in well in the corporate environment.
-I absolutely need to have loose ends tied, I don't like things hanging around half-done, it slows things down and they're more things to worry about.
-I am VERY decisive. I always have my end goal in mind and I intend to quickly figure out what will get me there, what won't, and what would hamper me.
-I plan everything I undertake, taking into account resources/time constraints/people available to assist/money/needs/deadlines. I can improvise, but that's really not ideal.

ENTP:
-Very goofy.
-Enjoy the use of language
-An actual inventor (have patents)
-Had trouble being on time during the time I relied on public transportation
-I write in my spare time (mostly satire - next month, I'm going to start working on getting the book I've written published)
-I don't necessarily think in a step-by-step way. Sometimes I'll think of a conclusion that seems correct to me, and when I verify it, it turns out I was right. Ne leap!

ESTP:
-Love taking in the environment, the 5 raw senses of it, just for the sake of it. Good food, good music, good sex.
-Also an adrenaline junkie
-very skilled at marketing.
-While I prefer for things to go according to plan, I can be adaptable if that's what the situation requires.
-I'm very practical, very down-to-earth. While I have a vivid imagination, I need to connect my musings with how I can implement them into reality to change it for the better.
-I was a total hellion in high school. Just think of the typical rebellious teenager. ;)
-I don't appreciate people issuing commands at me without explaining the reasoning and allowing me to make the decision.
-While I prefer structure and guidelines, I won't hesitate to tweak them if it makes things more efficient in the long-run.

So can someone help me out. I need to know, otherwise I can't use MBTI for my intended purposes.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Please note - I've been formally diagnosed with ADHD from the age of 7. I deal just fine.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm going with ESTP. you seem much more Fe/Ti to me than Te/Fi like ENTJs. I can't be sure obviously, but I would look more into the difference between Fi/Te and Fe/Ti. similarly, like you said, you seem much more Se/Ni than Ne/Si
Edit: you also strike me as more directing than an ENTP

R

Riva

Do you have to believe in something to actually promote it? You mentioned marketing. This questions is based on that. I fyou answer this I could narrow it down to ONE option out of the above mentioned 3 options.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your comunication style seems more informative than directive, which looks like Ti. I'm not detection Ne-dom traits, so I'm guessing ESTP.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your comunication style seems more informative than directive, which looks like Ti. I'm not detection Ne-dom traits, so I'm guessing ESTP.

ESTPs are directing, ENTPs are informing :yes:

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Hm, I think you seem to tend towards ENTJ and ESTP the most. I'm saying ENTJ. The ESTP has drive, but still would enjoy improvisation. The tertiary function in ENTJ's is Se which, if you consider it a relief function could explain your love for sensual things, more under stress I suppose. You seem to have more of a heat in your communications, which I think is the motivational aspect of ENTJ... Though I could see an argument for ESTP as well.

rav3n

Have you ever taken a cognitive functions test? It might help to give you a better idea.

You're not an ENTP. As for the other two, difficult to tell but my guess leans towards ESTP.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

There's the argument I was talking about! :)

Why couldn't that be tertiary instead of dominant?

rav3n

Aww..shucks, you two. :blush:

Reflect, ever notice how terts seem to manifest? They pop up here and there but are rarely in evidence on a continuous basis. This seems to happen with her Ti but she's strongly Se ongoing. ESTPs appear to be unrepenting self-promoters where ENTJs self-promote in a different way.

Compare Halla and AW. Who does mcb resonate more like?

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Hm, yes. Do you not believe that interplays between dominant and tertiary functions occur? Because that's somewhat of my basis. It connects the Te organization with the Se excitability. I do feel Halla in some of her posts, but in creeping on a test thread she did score ENTJ on it. I don't know how reliable it is, the title says it is horrible, or some such.

rav3n

The difficulty with tests is if the individual responds with a preference, instead of responding by preference. And it's true, many online tests are crap.

mcb, correct me if I'm wrong but I think she "prefers" to be the stereotypical ENTJ since it would mean she is or will be successful in business. Success to her appears to equate to money which equates to creature comforts. This evaluation comes from mcb and my discussion in another thread, where she resented others with more, coveting their material goods.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

This question is going to be INCREDIBLY subjective, but it is something you have sparked. The way this is written makes me think that these aren't what an ENTJ strives for when looking for contentment. Especially "Success to her appears to equate to money which equates to creature comforts." Is that not what success is to an ordinary ENTJ?

Is wealth and fame a byproduct for an ENTJ? Motivationally speaking.

rav3n

Can't speak for any other ENTJs but I'll give you what it means to me.

I set a goal and have to make it. The goal is the thrill of the challenge. The object is to make that goal which equates to success. If I can make that goal much sooner than planned, this is an even sweeter form of success.

Money = security and freedom. I don't covet what others have. They're not my gauge. My gauge is internal.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Sounds like introverted intuition poking its head out. So you think that mcb is using Ti to logically deduce that being an ENTJ will get her what she wants?