• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type the omar

OmarFW

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Up until now my self analysis and typing has been based on conversations on teamspeak, test results and general growing knowledge of the functions and how to identify function usage in myself and people but I've never made a legitimate typing thread.

I don't want to make one at PerN though since all the people there know me well and I'd like to see the opinions of people who don't.

I am well aware of my cognitive patterns already and have been for a couple years now (save for the time when I thought I was enneatype 9 when I'm actually a 4) but I still want peoples opinions.

1. I have a strong devotion to many of my ideals while accepting the fact that they are often highly unrealistic and will not be implemented in our society anytime soon.

2. I value being an alternative thinker rather than just accepting the kind of ideas society plops in my lap.

3. I can be outgoing even in crowds but I used to be very drained by them in the past. This can still be a problem at times but with some caffeine or a good meal I have no issue being open to people regardless of what I may think of them initially. This is something I had to learn how to do.

4. My bedroom is my docking station and my source of privacy. I get very irrationally upset if someone infringes upon that privacy without my consent. An easy way to piss me off is to come into my room and leave the door open upon leaving.

5. I place very little value in money and the jobs I do must always allow me to contribute in a way that motivates me beyond receiving a paycheck. If not I have no motivation to do my job well nor acquire it in the first place.
I would have no issue paying thousands of dollars to seek a degree at a university only to quit during my 4th year if I felt like I really didn't want the degree anymore.

6. I form opinions about everyone I come into contact with before I fully analyze them. I have criteria about what I am willing to analyze to the fullest. The friends I hang out with are people who have gotten past my vast amount of criteria and I regard them more highly than I do anybody else.

7. I have always been highly interested in people and how they work. I have always had categories for different kinds of people even before studying typology. Typology replaced that very biased system of mine over time and my biases towards certain kinds of people were difficult to get rid of initially.

8. When at my worst I become closed off to external input and start projecting my past onto the present and future. This goes for people, ideas or events.

9. I can come up with a bazillion different ways a scenario can play out but I will inevitably pick one or two and stick to those as a basis for action unless proven wrong.

10. I spent a long time martyring myself for the sake of the people I cared about because I placed strong value in altruism. When I realized I was only seeking to make my friends feel better so that I in turn could feel better I eventually learned to be more selective about who I assist and I learned to place value in myself and self-preservation in general.

11. I hate cliches and avoid them like the plague.

12. I do not have a very strong inherent sense of identity and have always found myself asking the question "is this who I am?" with any behavior I portray. I have always been envious of others who seem to have a very strong inherent identity that they seem unable to deviate from. I do not however desire to have a cookie cutter personality or to be like everybody else as I value my creativity and seek to express it in any way possible.

13. I have been described as creepy more than once, but not ever on a serious basis.

14. There are very few decisions I make that I am unwilling to change. I am not entirely open to external influences (as in, others can not ever force me to change my mind) but I make sure to maintain the ability to change my mind about something whenever I need to if I choose to do so.

15. I have several items of memorabilia that I have concrete memories attached to. Most of those items are just random bullshit that would be worthless otherwise.

16. I try to not ignore objective logic for the sake of defending my values if the two conflict. I abhor ignorant behavior and I have a strong desire to not be an irrational person (with some exceptions.)

17. I frequently lose track of what I'm doing because I've drifted off into my own analysis. I forget to pay attention to what people are saying to me. My actions often go into auto pilot while I analyze something internally that is entirely unrelated to what I'm doing. I have often run into walls and swimming pools.

18. I selectively enjoy debate but I have never been a persuasive debater and my main goal is to passively influence others rather than force them to adopt an idea I endorse. My goal is to make people think, not obey.

19. I consistently feel detached from my senses (with the exception of sound) as if I am living and viewing myself from a third person perspective. I've never been able to enjoy getting high because it forces that connection between my senses and my cognition and I always freak out because I don't know how to handle it. I've never enjoyed heavy sensory stimulation either (with the exception of music.)

20. When alone I often talk out conversations that have not happened yet or I just talk by myself in general (only my portion of the conversation though). I find that this helps solidify my analysis rather than doing it all in my head.

21. I rarely try to actively manipulate the future, rather I try to respond to what I believe is going to happen. I predict what people are going to say while they're talking and i'm often 6 steps ahead of people during conversations with them. I have had to learn to not get ahead of myself during conversation so people can understand me.

I'm not sure what else to write but I'll add more later if I come up with something.

This applies to enneagram typing as well as JCF/MBTI (or whatever system you desire to use)

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd say you're definitely some sort of NP type. The part about the strong ideals and the altruism makes me think xNFP is most likely. Also the part about not having a strong sense of identify. NF types are more likely to say they are searching for their true identity than an NT would. The E/I could swing either way but I lean towards I - used to be drained by social gatherings and strong need for privacy. So I agree with your INFP typing.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This sounds on the vague side to me.

Actually, when typing myself, I value the older people's opinions on here the most, not people's first impression. I prefer the people who have seen the full cycle.

(but, first impression is strongly INTP, if you were wondering, though balanced. :))

Also, you have the :wub: factor, VERY IMPORTANT.

OmarFW

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
This sounds on the vague side to me.

That's good, I was worried my descriptions were too INFP heavy.

Actually, when typing myself, I value the older people's opinions on here the most, not people's first impression. I prefer the people who have seen the full cycle.

I do as well but up until now that's about all I have received. I've never really had a whole lot of surface evaluations and I'm not sure what kind of personality I portray on the surface.

(but, first impression is strongly INTP, if you were wondering, though balanced. :))

I have a heavy XNTP alternate personality that comes out when I eat sugar (I'm hypoglycemic) and it's influenced my normal personality a little bit here and there. I know I have developed Ti usage even though I don't and shouldn't use it on a normal basis.

Also, you have the :wub: factor, VERY IMPORTANT.

lol what does this mean

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Why do you think your a feeler? Since I know your much more into JCF, you must be fairly certain of Fi dom. Jung was an INTP and he spent his entire life studying people. The cognitive PROCESSES of the human psyche. I only ask this, because so far I've noticed you delve into function process.. and its a pattern (to me atleast) with INTP's here. I mean, most types research it, but INTP's seem to be especially analytical and tuned into this.

OmarFW

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Why do you think your a feeler? Since I know your much more into JCF, you must be fairly certain of Fi dom. Jung was an INTP and he spent his entire life studying people. The cognitive PROCESSES of the human psyche. I only ask this, because so far I've noticed you delve into function process.. and its a pattern (to me atleast) with INTP's here.

Here's my most recent facebook status:

"The concept of hump day is asinine.

If you must struggle through the weekday and make note of it's mid-point in order to make the weekend seem that much closer then you are not trying hard enough to enjoy your job in more ways than just the paycheck it gets you."

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here's my most recent facebook status:

"The concept of hump day is asinine.

If you must struggle through the weekday and make note of it's mid-point in order to make the weekend seem that much closer then you are not trying hard enough to enjoy your job in more ways than just the paycheck it gets you."

Still, INTP. (And, also... as a side note, i'm not sure how that addressed huxley's post?)

Starry

I have only ever tested as INFP. On the official MBTI and many online versions.

Okay...then you are an INFP. LOL. No seriously...are you questioning INFPness? From everything you wrote...the vibe you give off...I get 'your Fi'. INTJ would be the only other consideration (for me). But if you consistantly test INFP...

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
first impression is strongly INTP

+1

you talk about INFP things in an INTP way. it reminds me of a friend in my ethics class. he talks about humans and goodness and whatnot and he is so Ti that i would eat a piece of looseleaf if he is not an INTP.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
+1

you talk about INFP things in an INTP way. it reminds me of a friend in my ethics class. he talks about humans and goodness and whatnot and he is so Ti that i would eat a piece of looseleaf if he is not an INTP.

Definitely. I am definitely getting an INTP attack. And for the exact reason that you're saying. "I'm examining people from afar" is what I'm getting from all of this.

OmarFW

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Still, INTP. (And, also... as a side note, i'm not sure how that addressed huxley's post?)

My obvious stance against money being used as a motivation to do good work is an argument you could only make on a moral basis (since it is illogical to shun money when it is essential for survival).

A Ti dominant would not argue for this kind of thing, they would argue against it because of it's lack of cohesiveness with how the world actually operates. (that's exactly what my INTP friend did in response to this status actually.) Ti dominants project what they consider to be right from a logical standpoint, not a moral one. Only Fi does that.

^Are you e4w5?

yes

Well this raises a good question to ask.

What is the difference between Ti and Fi+Te?

On the opposite side, what is the difference between Fi and Ti+Fe?

Simply talking about ethics does not equate to the projection of ethics and simply talking about logic does not equate the projection of that either.

Definitely. I am definitely getting an INTP attack. And for the exact reason that you're saying. "I'm examining people from afar" is what I'm getting from all of this.

Analyzing the world from a third person perspective is actually more of an enneagram 4 kind of thing rather than any preference in cognition. Simply having Ne does not constitute how you choose to use it.

Also Ti and Fi are judging functions and do not deal with analysis so being INTP or INFP would not affect whether or not someone look at people from afar.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Can you see how heavily that ideal of mine ignores Te? Keep in mind that dominant Fi comes along with inferior Te as well. My Te is developed but my preference still lies in Fi so I ignore it sometimes for the sake of what I believe in.

My obvious stance against money being used as a motivation to do good work is an argument you could only make on a moral basis (since it is illogical to shun money when it is essential for survival).

A Ti dominant would not argue for this kind of thing, they would argue against it because of it's lack of cohesiveness with how the world actually operates. (that's exactly what my INTP friend did in response to this status actually.) Ti dominants project what they consider to be right from a logical standpoint, not a moral one. Only Fi does that.

yes

Well this raises a good question to ask.

What is the difference between Ti and Fi+Te?

On the opposite side, what is the difference between Fi and Ti+Fe?

Analyzing the world from a third person perspective is actually more of an enneagram 4 kind of thing rather than any preference in cognition. Simply having Ne does not constitute how you choose to use it.

Also Ti and Fi are judging functions and do not deal with analysis so being INTP or INFP would not affect whether or not someone look at people from afar.

Well, I agree that you're an INFP if you think you're an INFP. (you know yourself and thoughts much better than I do, I am only giving a first impression perspective.)

From my own limited perspective (of you), I still feel that you are approaching everything from a logical stance. Like, goodness as a philosophy towards the smooth running of the world... It's a first impression. I don't think that there's a way that the world actually operates, there's only a person's perspective on how the world operates.

Also, I don't understand how analyzing the world as a third person would be an enneagream four thing? I experience enneagram four as being very self oriented.

oh! and still, :wub:

OmarFW

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Also, I don't understand how analyzing the world as a third person would be an enneagream four thing? I experience enneagram four as being very self oriented.

It is self-oriented. They analyze the world in order to get an understanding for "who they should be" or an understanding of what is normal/different etc. They have the mindset no different than that of an alien monitoring humans and learning about them while also pretending to be one of them.

It's a third person perspective because they do not feel like they are a part of the life that other people seem to be a part of. (at least, most do not.)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1. I have a strong devotion to many of my ideals while accepting the fact that they are often highly unrealistic and will not be implemented in our society anytime soon.

Fi

2. I value being an alternative thinker rather than just accepting the kind of ideas society plops in my lap.

Ji+Pe, maybe NP

3. I can be outgoing even in crowds but I used to be very drained by them in the past. This can still be a problem at times but with some caffeine or a good meal I have no issue being open to people regardless of what I may think of them initially. This is something I had to learn how to do.

Moderate I

4. My bedroom is my docking station and my source of privacy. I get very irrationally upset if someone infringes upon that privacy without my consent. An easy way to piss me off is to come into my room and leave the door open upon leaving.

Introvert, but especially typical behavior of IPs.

5. I place very little value in money and the jobs I do must always allow me to contribute in a way that motivates me beyond receiving a paycheck. If not I have no motivation to do my job well nor acquire it in the first place.
I would have no issue paying thousands of dollars to seek a degree at a university only to quit during my 4th year if I felt like I really didn't want the degree anymore.

Fi for the first part, Pe for the second

6. I form opinions about everyone I come into contact with before I fully analyze them. I have criteria about what I am willing to analyze to the fullest. The friends I hang out with are people who have gotten past my vast amount of criteria and I regard them more highly than I do anybody else.

Forming opinions w/out analysis = Perception led thinking.

7. I have always been highly interested in people and how they work. I have always had categories for different kinds of people even before studying typology. Typology replaced that very biased system of mine over time and my biases towards certain kinds of people were difficult to get rid of initially.

Feeling, probably Fi, since it sounds Ji-ish to create internal systems of classifying stuff.

8. When at my worst I become closed off to external input and start projecting my past onto the present and future. This goes for people, ideas or events.

Could be poor Ni or Si (likely tertiary). Tert Ni tends to be paranoia about future & tert Si tends to be distorted perceptions of the past.

More details needed.

9. I can come up with a bazillion different ways a scenario can play out but I will inevitably pick one or two and stick to those as a basis for action unless proven wrong.

What kind of scenarios? Se types often see many possibilities, but these are in the concrete realm of reality (events, people, things), and they tend to hone in on the most realistic choices & take action on those. Ne types tend to see conceptual possibilities, focusing more on how the meaning of something could develop vs. actual, literal situations.

10. I spent a long time martyring myself for the sake of the people I cared about because I placed strong value in altruism. When I realized I was only seeking to make my friends feel better so that I in turn could feel better I eventually learned to be more selective about who I assist and I learned to place value in myself and self-preservation in general.

Fi

11. I hate cliches and avoid them like the plague.

Ji, probably Fi

12. I do not have a very strong inherent sense of identity and have always found myself asking the question "is this who I am?" with any behavior I portray. I have always been envious of others who seem to have a very strong inherent identity that they seem unable to deviate from. I do not however desire to have a cookie cutter personality or to be like everybody else as I value my creativity and seek to express it in any way possible.

Sounds like enneagram 4 stuff

13. I have been described as creepy more than once, but not ever on a serious basis.

Typical Fi impression ;)

14. There are very few decisions I make that I am unwilling to change. I am not entirely open to external influences (as in, others can not ever force me to change my mind) but I make sure to maintain the ability to change my mind about something whenever I need to if I choose to do so.

P

15. I have several items of memorabilia that I have concrete memories attached to. Most of those items are just random bullshit that would be worthless otherwise.

Not type related. Anyone can get sentimental.

16. I try to not ignore objective logic for the sake of defending my values if the two conflict. I abhor ignorant behavior and I have a strong desire to not be an irrational person (with some exceptions.)

Not type related. Most people (claim they) don't like illogic and ignorance.

17. I frequently lose track of what I'm doing because I've drifted off into my own analysis. I forget to pay attention to what people are saying to me. My actions often go into auto pilot while I analyze something internally that is entirely unrelated to what I'm doing. I have often run into walls and swimming pools.

Suggests INP, but could just be I.

18. I selectively enjoy debate but I have never been a persuasive debater and my main goal is to passively influence others rather than force them to adopt an idea I endorse. My goal is to make people think, not obey.

Could be almost any P type, but most likely an FP. NFPs seem more prone to this than SFPs too.

19. I consistently feel detached from my senses (with the exception of sound) as if I am living and viewing myself from a third person perspective. I've never been able to enjoy getting high because it forces that connection between my senses and my cognition and I always freak out because I don't know how to handle it. I've never enjoyed heavy sensory stimulation either (with the exception of music.)

Could be HSP (highly sensitive person). Doesn't rule out S, but highly suggests Ne.

20. When alone I often talk out conversations that have not happened yet or I just talk by myself in general (only my portion of the conversation though). I find that this helps solidify my analysis rather than doing it all in my head.

Not type related. Everyone talks to themselves.
21. I rarely try to actively manipulate the future, rather I try to respond to what I believe is going to happen. I predict what people are going to say while they're talking and i'm often 6 steps ahead of people during conversations with them. I have had to learn to not get ahead of myself during conversation so people can understand me.

IP - responsive style. Could be SeNi or NeSi though.

-----

INFP seems likely, but ISFP who relies heavily on tert Ni is possible.