• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does ESTJ look good on me?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't want to be mean (and you do just seem to take this sort of comment as water off a duck's back anyway) but regardless of type, you do really just strike me as someone who doesn't like it when the attention is off him, and that's the main reason why you create a lot of threads about your type or any other subject - you love the attention, and that probably includes either positive or negative attention.

not exactly. I'll admit, it's certainly a perk until the attention turns negative, but not the underlying motivation. often I start to think "ugh why it have to come to this? I never should have made this thread" I think the reason I make lots of threads is that I'm trying I'm fishing for possible sources of genuine conversation. what tends to happen then is I'll throw in some sort of anecdotal evidence that people will refute and then question me as a person in some way which kind of spirals into endless debates on semantic topics related to me. this is actually why I try to post threads that are either clearly about me, or not about me at all. often I'm just as frustrated as everyone else when I start a good, intellectual thread and it turns into "let's team up on Elfboy". that's fun every once in a while, but it does get really annoying after a while.
essentially, what you're saying is about 30% true

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't want to be mean (and you do just seem to take this sort of comment as water off a duck's back anyway) but regardless of type, you do really just strike me as someone who doesn't like it when the attention is off him, and that's the main reason why you create a lot of threads about your type or any other subject - you love the attention, and that probably includes either positive or negative attention.

you don't sound mean, it's easy to see how you might think that.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
not exactly. I'll admit, it's certainly a perk until the attention turns negative, but not the underlying motivation. often I start to think "ugh why it have to come to this? I never should have made this thread" I think the reason I make lots of threads is that I'm trying I'm fishing for possible sources of genuine conversation. what tends to happen then is I'll throw in some sort of anecdotal evidence that people will refute and then question me as a person in some way which kind of spirals into endless debates on semantic topics related to me. this is actually why I try to post threads that are either clearly about me, or not about me at all. often I'm just as frustrated as everyone else when I start a good, intellectual thread and it turns into "let's team up on Elfboy". that's fun every once in a while, but it does get really annoying after a while.
essentially, what you're saying is about 30% true

Fair enough. ;)

Curious though - do you prefer negative attention, or no attention at all?

You certainly seem to be one of those polarizing people - ie. people have very strong negative or positive reactions to you - see the thread I made on that subject. ;) In my experience with friends and acquaintances who have that effect, they are almost always ExxPs!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Do you refer by "polarizing people" to people whose opinions are different from the "common opinions" or do you mean people whose opinions are omnipresent because of the mere quantity ?!

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fair enough. ;)

Curious though - do you prefer negative attention, or no attention at all?

You certainly seem to be one of those polarizing people - ie. people have very strong negative or positive reactions to you - see the thread I made on that subject. ;) In my experience with friends and acquaintances who have that effect, they are almost always ExxPs!

oh goodness I am extremely polarizing lol. I had group in high school that secretly thought I was amazing (but kept to themselves because my reputation was terrible lol) and a larger group that legitimately wanted to kill me. my response was to become more polarizing until the group that wanted to kill me became afraid of me and began to keep to themselves as well. as a result, everyone had a strong opinion of me, but no one would talk to me, and to be perfectly honest I kinda like it that way if I'm around people who are stupid or ignorant.
'to answer your question, I prefer negative attention it if offers actionable information. normal negative attention is fun every once in a while to stir the waters, excercise my Te and 8 wing and get a chance to be fiery and defiant without holding back on people like I usually do. that being said, I certainly seem to get much more negative attention than is preferable. perhaps I say things in a way that makes people react to me as opposed to just stating where and how they disagree?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you refer by "polarizing people" to people whose opinions are different from the "common opinions" or do you mean people whose opinions are omnipresent because of the mere quantity ?!

polarizing means you are an intense, high energy person who is charismatic and probably highly opinionated. as a result, people either love you, hate you are think "wow he just sucked all the air out of the room, I think I'm going to suffocate" needless to say, introverts most of the time tend to dislike polarizing people

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You really have to redefine 'polarizing' and 'pesky' :)

wolfy

awsm
should I make a new thread for ISFP, or just keep rollin with this one?

Just keep rolling with this one. You seem like you'd annoy the hell out of me in real life, too much talking. You don't seem introverted that much, if at all. But, you know, keep on keeping on... it's all good.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just keep rolling with this one. You seem like you'd annoy the hell out of me in real life, too much talking. You don't seem introverted that much, if at all. But, you know, keep on keeping on... it's all good.

that actually kinda relates to what I was just saying about being polarizing.
polarizing means you are an intense, high energy person who is charismatic and probably highly opinionated. as a result, people either love you, hate you are think "wow he just sucked all the air out of the room, I think I'm going to suffocate" needless to say, introverts most of the time tend to dislike polarizing people

most introverts can't stand me because I suck all the air out of the room, except for INTJs who seem to be amused by me

A

Anew Leaf

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.