• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does ESTJ look good on me?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
At the risk of pissing off ENFPs again, I'm going to throw in an observation. ENFPs do a morphing thing to align with whomever or whatever they're close to, attracted to or admire and respect.

That doesn't piss me off; actually, that is highly accurate.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
At the risk of pissing off ENFPs again, I'm going to throw in an observation. ENFPs do a morphing thing to align with whomever or whatever they're close to, attracted to or admire and respect.

I've sorta noticed this, but it seems more like they're really trying to take on certain qualities and add them to themselves. for instance, an ENFP woman might watch Beyonce and think "I want to become more glamorous and flamboyant". later they may watch Cate Blanchette and think "I want to be more graceful and command more respect" once again, the ENFP woman might watch an opera singer and think "I want that combination of fiery and charimatic with feminine and sensual". over time, you have an individual who has acrewed and grown several positive traits within themselves, but it's so much "morphing" or "aligning" as "adopting certain characteristics"

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've sorta noticed this, but it seems more like they're really trying to take on certain qualities and add them to themselves. for instance, an ENFP woman might watch Beyonce and think "I want to become more glamorous and flamboyant". later they may watch Cate Blanchette and think "I want to be more graceful and command more respect" once again, the ENFP woman might watch an opera singer and think "I want that combination of fiery and charimatic with feminine and sensual". over time, you have an individual who has acrewed and grown several positive traits within themselves, but it's so much "morphing" or "aligning" as "adopting certain characteristics"

Exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself, although the traits I enjoy are typically in a single/similar vein rather than being so varied like that.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ

Funny... I had previously heard this trait being associated with Fe users. Then again, the one who said that was Vicky Jo Varner...

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
fine, you guys win
Edit: thank God that's over. I felt like my work self, except all day. ugh, good to be back

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Funny... I had previously heard this trait being associated with Fe users. Then again, the one who said that was Vicky Jo Varner...

When I study, I 'become' an INTJ. Consistently.

When I am on vent, I 'become' a goofy ESFP.

When I teach, I 'become' an EXXJ.

When I'm with my parents-in-law, I 'become' an EXFJ.

When I'm with my husband, I 'become' an XNFP.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Maybe you spent to much time in Germany, like bureaucrat-central xD

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Bahahaha, I actually consistently tested IXTJ before I came to Germany. :p Germany corrupted me.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe you spent to much time in Germany, like bureaucrat-central xD

no, that's america (please shoot me or take me to singapore lol)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

There is truth to this.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

No, no ENFPs morph their behavior, it's called mirroring. But we still keep our Fi values.

Fe, on the other hand, morphs in order to adjust to the group and adjusts values to promote group harmony. Not that they don't have constant values, but ...It's different.

Vicky Jo is so obnoxious, good lord.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Nope. Get a new type salesperson. That type needs so many alterations to fit you that, when the seamstress is finished making adjustments, it will be unrecognizable.

in light of reading through all the post, on the "Is Elfboy an S in Disguise" thread, I decided I'm going to try on a few other types and see how they feel. so what do you think of ESTJ? does it fit me well?

A

Anew Leaf

don't do it! you have so much to live for! if nothing else, everyone here at typologycentral loves you :hug:

*looks over at stockpile and starts calculating the time it would take to mosey on over to them.... get a glass of water.... and drink enough to thick the blood. P-side of self takes over with "Too much effort, yo."*

'Til next thread then.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Elfboy, you just strike me as more informative and get things going(you love to start open-ended threads) than the more directive, task-focused nature of a Te dominant, you seem very EP to say the least.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
next up, ISFP! :cool:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
should I make a new thread for ISFP, or just keep rollin with this one?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
No, constantly make new threads by all means !

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't want to be mean (and you do just seem to take this sort of comment as water off a duck's back anyway) but regardless of type, you do really just strike me as someone who doesn't like it when the attention is off him, and that's the main reason why you create a lot of threads about your type or any other subject - you love the attention, and that probably includes either positive or negative attention.