• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does ESTJ look good on me?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
in light of reading through all the post, on the "Is Elfboy an S in Disguise" thread, I decided I'm going to try on a few other types and see how they feel. so what do you think of ESTJ? does it fit me well?
Edit: next up, ISFP! :cool:

Last edited:

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ ditto!

I'm pretty sure you're ExxP. The middle two letters, not so sure ;)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
in light of reading through all the post, on the "Is Elfboy an S in Disguise" thread, I decided I'm going to try on a few other types and see how they feel. so what do you think of ESTJ? does it fit me well?

This statement alone sounds NF. :)
(Are you trying to use reverse psychology on us to bring us back to ENFP? It's working!)

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fashion disaster! That look.... it just doesn't go with your eyes.... your eyes have more of an ENFP look to them.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
No. Not with your illusions about the world. That doesn't seem Te/Si to me, not a young Te dom, no way.

I've been called an ISTJ before because of the way I structure my posts, I was even compared to a female ISTJ on another site, but that doesn't make me an ISTJ...it just means I am in touch with Si/Te apparently.

Same with you. And in your case you want to be a TJ more than you actually are one, I think.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I also think that ESTJ doesn't seem like a good fit for you; there is no way in heall you're Fi inferior.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For a while, I considered the fact that I was ESTJ. Hell, it looked good, felt good, sounded good. Besides, I wuv EJCC, so...yeah!

But I think the problem is that when we rely a lot on our Te, we can look something different than what we really are. I think this is particularly true for those of us in academia, where Te is almost demanded together with Si or Ni. For me, it seemed to fit even better because my Fi, frankly, sucks. <--- That is not something to be proud of, btw, it's actually a sign of immaturity and unhealthiness on my part. :-/ :(

Sure, we can don on the ESTJ hat when it's needed, but it takes a great deal of energy, more energy than in our 'natural habitat.' It doesn't mean we are Te/Si losers - it just means we have to 'focus more.' Just like EXTJ can Fi and Se/Ne, but they just have to focus more. Or it's their release valve. Whereas with EXFP, Se or Ne is a natural state we don't even realize. Like, if someone says I have a lot of Ne, I say, "Whoa, really?" But if someone asks me if I can use Te, I'm more *aware* of it because it's in the process of *growing* right now.

Hope that makes sense.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
alright then (I think it's a good fit. especially because it explains my natural "enough theory! lets get something done dammit!" to business which I need to keep in check so that I don't rush into things. I also lack the ability to jump right into a project and start on a random step like most Ns do. I need to start from square 1 and have a thorough framework to start. my impatience with long, tedious amounts of theory makes this kinda hard sometimes). that being said, what types do you think I am if not ESTJ?

A

Anew Leaf

Each thread I see like this inches me closer to my secret stockpile of Doomsday cyanide tablets.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I also get pissed off with theory if there is no practical application. I always thought that was Te v. Ti dynamic.

The_World_As_Will

elfboy - why are you ashamed of being an ENFP?, the threads you make, you are quite clearly an efp, I take it an enfp masquerading as an esfp, an insecure enfp who hates his own being, or a narcissistic esfp who just wants all the attention, you take your pick.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Each thread I see like this inches me closer to my secret stockpile of Doomsday cyanide tablets.

don't do it! you have so much to live for! if nothing else, everyone here at typologycentral loves you :hug:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think it is an ENFP nature to question and re-question the self and re-evaluate.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
elfboy - why are you ashamed of being an ENFP?, the threads you make, you are quite clearly an efp, I take it an enfp masquerading as an esfp, an insecure enfp who hates his own being, or a narcissistic esfp who just wants all the attention, you take your pick.

if I had a dime for every thread someone has baselessly accused me of being insecure, ignorant or narcissistic, I'd have enough startup capital to start 12 internet businesses :doh:

The_World_As_Will

if I had a dime for every thread someone has baselessly accused me of being insecure, ignorant or narcissistic, I'd have enough startup capital to start 12 internet businesses :doh:

if you are that unsure of yourself, then that might be the case, and have fun with the business :shrug:

rav3n

At the risk of pissing off ENFPs again, I'm going to throw in an observation. ENFPs do a morphing thing to align with whomever or whatever they're close to, attracted to or admire and respect.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
if you are that unsure of yourself, then that might be the case, and have fun with the business :shrug:

I'm really not that unsure of myself. if anything, I have a problem with being very stubborn that I'm right and then eventually coming to the conclusion, '...or not'

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
interesting, this is going exactly the opposite direction of the "Is Elfboy an S in Disguise?" thread where people were insisting I was ESFP and then insisting I was XSFJ.