• INFP

0 0%
  • ISTP

1 8.33%
123 Last

Insert Snarky Quip Here Stigmata's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNXP

Default It's my party and I'll MBTI if I want to.

Mirror mirror, upon the wall, Which type is the stiggiest(in this context my username is a proper adjective) of them all?

Primarily I could see myself as an INTP or INFP, as both profiles seem to encompass lots of various aspects of my personality, leaning more toward the INTP spectrum. I've been labeled as an ENTP and ISTP by different people as well though. Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi; You're my only hope.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I don't know you all that well yet but I see no reason to doubt INTP.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

What's making you vacillate between INTP and INFP?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

My first thought is ENFP when I think of you, but certainly you know yourself much much better than I do Any NP seems feasible. (Sorry if that didn't help at all.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

You are one of the most technical posters I've seen here (I enjoy them btw), so i discard primary Fi.
    I personally find unlikely for both INTPs and ISTPs males to contemplate the possibility of being an F, as we barely acknowledge its existence.
    I'm thinking, perhaps a lazy INFJ with strong Ti?
    ENTP is also a possibility. Do you really think you could be an extrovert?
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I personally find unlikely for both INTPs and ISTPs males to contemplate the possibility of being an F, as we barely acknowledge its existence.
    You've never seen a person near the border of F and T?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    You've never seen a person near the border of F and T?
    Imho, in that case the person wouldn't qualify as an INTP because, by definition, INTP implies T as the strongest and F as the weakest function. Perhaps wouldn't qualify to any mbti type at all.
    Last edited by Rasofy; 05-23-2011 at 10:49 AM. Reason: adding
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    XNXP

ENTP is also a possibility. Do you really think you could be an extrovert?
    I've given that thought as well because I can act fairly extroverted amongst a group of people I feel familiarly comfortable with, yet despite that I still have an interaction threshold of sorts, in which I'll slowly feel drained and exhausted once this point in reached. Also, I don't have that stereotypical extroverted yearning for social interaction(In most cases I forget about others), and while I may enjoy it when it presents itself, I rarely ever am to one to initially seek it, and I'm fairly content with that.

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    What's making you vacillate between INTP and INFP?
    I'm thinking, perhaps a lazy INFJ with strong Ti?
    Isn't one of the key components of being Feeler dominant a genuine care for the welfare of others and strong convictions? I don't really have personal code of values or morals that I'm attached to whatsoever. If anything, I view them simply as elastic principles, which can be broken if you deem it necessary. The main things in the NF profiles I identify with are overly idealistic and perfectionism, yet not perfectionism that manifests in the typical J-ish way, but the crippling kind of perfectionism that "If perfectly(my definition of such) or something can't be done the way I think it should, I want nothing to do with it.)" I also tend to and try to be very unassuming, as I hate the basis for most types of judgement.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Imho, in that case the person wouldn't qualify as an INTP because, by definition, INTP implies T as the strongest and F as the weakest function. Perhaps wouldn't qualify to any mbti type at all.
    ... interesting...

So what, you're saying that "no type" is a legitimate type? Kind of defeats the purpose of using a 16-type system, doesn't it? Wouldn't that really be a 17-type system, with a discard box?

And where would the cutoff points even be? How "T" (or "F") does one have to be in comparison to other traits in order to still be legitimate, do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    I've given that thought as well because I can act fairly extroverted amongst a group of people I feel familiarly comfortable with, yet despite that I still have an interaction threshold of sorts, in which I'll slowly feel drained and exhausted once this point in reached. Also, I don't have that stereotypical extroverted yearning for social interaction(In most cases I forget about others), and while I may enjoy it when it presents itself, I rarely ever am to one to initially seek it, and I'm fairly content with that.
    Yes, typically it's not the skill that matters, it's the need for recharge. By definition, extroverts feed off the interaction, introverts become exhausted by it no matter HOW good it feels and need time along to recharge. Many extroverts will kind of "roam" in order to find that stimulation with others or at least stimulaton from the external environment, or they get antsy.

Isn't one of the key components of being Feeler dominant a genuine care for the welfare of others and strong convictions? I don't really have personal code of values or morals that I'm attached to whatsoever. If anything, I view them simply as elastic principles, which can be broken if you deem it necessary. The main things in the NF profiles I identify with are overly idealistic and perfectionism, yet not perfectionism that manifests in the typical J-ish way, but the crippling kind of perfectionism that "If perfectly(my definition of such) or something can't be done the way I think it should, I want nothing to do with it.)"
    F and T are rational systems; it's simply that F is dependent on either the self or the culture, whereas T is primarily dependent on natural laws. T tries to remove Self -- the observer -- as much as possible from the evaluative process, while F introduces the self into it.

Seeing F-style values as elastic or discardable -- more utilitarian -- is a T thing.

I have to say, realistically, we are all human beings. No one is all T or all F or any other sort of pairing... we're not 100% extremes but general clusters so that the patterns can be discerned, but it doesn't mean every detail matches up perfectly. T's do have morals, and F's can think rationally.

IOW, I think we confuse ourselves by focusing too much on small details rather than seeing the big picture.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    XNXP

Decided to retake this again. Surprisingly I always get labeled as INTP(isn't Ne/Ti function order for ENTP, whereas INTP is Ti/Ne?) despite being Ne dominant and having a more pronounced Fi.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************** (18.6)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ************ (12.4)
    unused
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************************* (49)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************ (36.8)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************************** (40.7)
    excellent use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************************* (46)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******* (7.5)
    unused
    introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************** (28.6)
    average use
    Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTP, or INFP