11 91.67%
  • ENTP

0 0%
  • INFP

0 0%
  • ISTP

1 8.33%
First 123 Last

Isn't one of the key components of being Feeler dominant a genuine care for the welfare of others and strong convictions?
    Strong convictions, yes (although this appears to me to be true of Ti as well.) Genuine care for the welfare of others? Not necessarily.

I don't particularly like the words 'values' or 'morals' in connection to Fi either, because they've acquired way too much baggage from the way they're used. The way I see Fi, it checks for the integrity between external behaviors and an internally constructed standard, and validates or rejects, depending on what it finds.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you're a Ti dom from what I've seen of you. And from what I can see, that cognitive functions test takes the strengths of the tertiary and inferior functions into account as well when providing you with an MBTI type, which is probably why you got INTP instead of ENTP.

IMO, you vibe irrefutably INTP.

Even when subjects are geared towards emotional decisions, it's with the detachment of an INTP.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ... interesting...

So what, you're saying that "no type" is a legitimate type? Kind of defeats the purpose of using a 16-type system, doesn't it? Wouldn't that really be a 17-type system, with a discard box?
    Assuming my point is right, there are a lot of ''no type'' variations, some with Fe/Ti, some with Fi/Te, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    And where would the cutoff points even be? How "T" (or "F") does one have to be in comparison to other traits in order to still be legitimate, do you think?
    I am kinda speculating here, but I think when someone is F or T dominant, there isn't much room for the inferior function to make someone borderline, as it is the weakest of the 4 functions.
    However, when Tx/Fx is the 2nd function, Ty/Fy will be the 3rd function, making the weight of these much more aproximate, and I think that's where borderline T/F cases are more likely to happen.
    I think the reason there are so little INFJs on tests is that there are many of them with a weaker Fe and a strong Ti and they end up being tested as either INTJ or INTP.
    I should mention that some of these ideas were based on some of Adymus' posts on intpforum, the man is a real guru.
    He talks about mbti limitations on these threads:
    http://www.intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=7044
    http://www.intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=9674

And Jennifer, I'm not sure if I'm right (sorry if I'm wrong) but you were born a boy right?
    I think taking feminine hormones would make you more F, but I have no idea of how would this affect someone's mbti type.

Edit:By the way, it's not very beneficial fitting too well into a mbti type. Credits to Adymus on this quote:

I have been perusing the INFJ forum recently, and I have noticed a pattern that is all too common.

They will accuse me of being wrong, and then challenge me by making a claim.

I disagree with their claim, and counter their argument with my own.

They realize I have actually thought my argument through, shit their pants, then their poorly developed Ti squeals in fear, and then they flee.

So I thought to myself "Wow, they are so scared to death of their own Ti, that they are not even going to attempt to use it. Instead they just say "I don't want to argue with you, we'll never see eye to eye!" and storm off, even though they are the ones that started the argument in the first place."

That is actually pathetic for an INFJ, to have only strong use of your Ni and Fe, and nothing else. I got the thinking "So is this what people think of when they hear INFJ? Wow, no wonder everyone's perception of personality types is so screwed up."

That is when it hit me.

It is the test, as well as the descriptions. The test is technically only checking proficiency in your top two functions, and the descriptions are only describing a person that has proficient use of their top two function. That means that a person who has developed more than their Top two functions will more than likely test as something else, and they will contradict and not relate to the description.
    So the people that take the test and have accurate results are most likely not a well developed model of their personality type, unless of course they know themselves very well. And the types that are actually well developed are being mistyped as something else. Which is why the INFJs that get mistyped as INTP are all strong Ti users, and are who I personally consider the "True" INFJs, as opposed to their weaker counter parts that you find on INFJf.

What this means, is that MBTI has created perceptions and understandings of personality types that is based solely on the most bottom of the barrel, undeveloped versions of these types. And I when I say "bottom of the barrel" I really mean it, having only proficient use of your two near side functions is terrible.

No really, think about this for a second, your only real understand of personality type is based only on a description of the most poorly developed personalities, and we are ascribing all personalities, including the well developed ones to these descriptions. Do you see now how terribly incompetent this system is?
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    I've given that thought as well because I can act fairly extroverted amongst a group of people I feel familiarly comfortable with, yet despite that I still have an interaction threshold of sorts, in which I'll slowly feel drained and exhausted once this point in reached. Also, I don't have that stereotypical extroverted yearning for social interaction(In most cases I forget about others), and while I may enjoy it when it presents itself, I rarely ever am to one to initially seek it, and I'm fairly content with that.

Isn't one of the key components of being Feeler dominant a genuine care for the welfare of others and strong convictions? I don't really have personal code of values or morals that I'm attached to whatsoever. If anything, I view them simply as elastic principles, which can be broken if you deem it necessary. The main things in the NF profiles I identify with are overly idealistic and perfectionism, yet not perfectionism that manifests in the typical J-ish way, but the crippling kind of perfectionism that "If perfectly(my definition of such) or something can't be done the way I think it should, I want nothing to do with it.)" I also tend to and try to be very unassuming, as I hate the basis for most types of judgement.
    I think this idealism/ perfectionism you are talking about is more of a pursuit for logical consistency than some kind of harmony with your moral code, and that's Ti in action. You usually talk exploring multiple aspects, which smells like Ne.

INTP.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I've given that thought as well because I can act fairly extroverted amongst a group of people I feel familiarly comfortable with,
    Introverted.

yet despite that I still have an interaction threshold of sorts, in which I'll slowly feel drained and exhausted once this point in reached.
    Introverted.

Also, I don't have that stereotypical extroverted yearning for social interaction(In most cases I forget about others), and while I may enjoy it when it presents itself, I rarely ever am to one to initially seek it, and I'm fairly content with that.
    Introverted.

Isn't one of the key components of being Feeler dominant a genuine care for the welfare of others and strong convictions? I don't really have personal code of values or morals that I'm attached to whatsoever. If anything, I view them simply as elastic principles, which can be broken if you deem it necessary. The main things in the NF profiles I identify with are overly idealistic and perfectionism, yet not perfectionism that manifests in the typical J-ish way, but the crippling kind of perfectionism that "If perfectly(my definition of such) or something can't be done the way I think it should, I want nothing to do with it.)" I also tend to and try to be very unassuming, as I hate the basis for most types of judgement.
    INTP.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor
    IMO, you vibe irrefutably INTP.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    The way I see Fi, it checks for the integrity between external behaviors and an internally constructed standard, and validates or rejects, depending on what it finds.
    Ti too. just more with external systems than behaviors.

The main things in the NF profiles I identify with are overly idealistic and perfectionism, yet not perfectionism that manifests in the typical J-ish way, but the crippling kind of perfectionism that "If perfectly(my definition of such) or something can't be done the way I think it should, I want nothing to do with it.)" I also tend to and try to be very unassuming, as I hate the basis for most types of judgement.
    yes, i very much think INTP.

i associate Ti with perfection of systems. it is a checker for internal integrity, just like Fi. Ti just works on a logical level whereas Fi works on a personal level.

Insert Snarky Quip Here Stigmata's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNXP

Shameless self-promotionary bump.

INTP, dude.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Decided to retake this again. Surprisingly I always get labeled as INTP(isn't Ne/Ti function order for ENTP, whereas INTP is Ti/Ne?) despite being Ne dominant and having a more pronounced Fi.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************** (18.6)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ************ (12.4)
    unused
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************************* (49)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************ (36.8)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************************** (40.7)
    excellent use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************************* (46)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******* (7.5)
    unused
    introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************** (28.6)
    average use
    Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP
    This test automatically causes the function that matches an MBTI type to dominate. So even though Ne was your highest score, it chooses Ti as the strongest because there is no such thing as an introverted NeTi type.

But if your attitude is introverted, and yet your preference is for Ne, then this produces a rather unusual personality type which would require reading at least (and probably just) 2 type descriptions with none of them matching perfectly well. That just means you produce more variety in your approach to living, but there is also opportunity for internal conflict to arise.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

personally I think you're a Helvetica
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp