• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is Elfboy an S in disguise?

Is Elfboy S?

• You guys are crazy, Elfboy is ENFP as hell!

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Elfboy might be ENFP

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Elfboy is N, but not ENFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elfboy might be SJ

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Elfboy is definitely SJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elfboy might be SP

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Elfboy is definitely SP

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
very well, I'll use your list

Se
-Experiencing the immediate context; taking action in the physical world; noticing changes and opportunities for action; accumulating experiences; scanning for visible reactions and relevant data; recognizing “what is.” Noticing what was available,
not entirely sure what this means, but my guess is sort of

trying on different items, and seeing how they look.
all the time, doesn't everyone do this?

-Freely follow your gut instincts and exciting physical impulses as they come up.
no

-Enjoy the thrill of action and physical experience in the present moment.
hell no. intense physical activity overwhelms me

-Quickly move to take advantage of immediate options for action.
intellectual options, not physical ones.

-Instantly read visible cues to see just how far you can go.no

-Spur action and pull off results simply by making your presence felt.
yes, but I think that's more Fi/Te

-Easily get in sync physically with people and things around you.
maybe

-Notice sensory data in the environment.
yes

Trust your instincts and take action relevant to the moment and current context.
no, I wish lol

overall, seems I have low-average use

Ok, so Se is probably not dominant.

and your other for comparison:

-Would be likely to jump right in and try to perform a task without spending much time researching the necessary skills, because experimenting and figuring it out in the middle of doing it is part of what's so stimulating for Ne.
absolutely

-Interpreting situations and relationships; picking up meanings and interconnections; being drawn to change “what is” for “what could possibly be”; noticing what is not said and threads of meaning emerging across multiple contexts. Noticing the possible meanings of what you might wear: “Wearing this might communicate…”
yes

-Offer various unrelated ideas and see what potential they might suggest.
definitely

-Enjoy playing with random interconnections and patterns.
definitely

-Engage life's magical moments and meaningful coincidences as they happen.
yup

-Keep following tangents and new ideas without limiting yourself to one.
more than I'd like to admit, I can't shut up about them sometimes

-Weave into the current dynamics of a situation aspects of other, random contexts.
once again, I do this WAY too much

-Trust what emerges from brainstorming.
sometimes

-Notice abstract patterns as they emerge. Shift a situation's dynamics and explore imaginative potential possibilities.
yes

-Making connections, ideas, possibilities, figuring something out and then going backwards to figure it out consciously, rapidly understanding information at a rate that is light years of other people, making distinctions that protect you from over generalizing, adapting quickly to change, learning through reflection on information you have already gathered and making connections, comparing/contrasting certain ideas and ways of doing things, distinguishing the best aspects of both and combining them into a new way of thinking/doing that is better than both of the originals.
I dominate at this

overall: I kick ass at Ne :D

PS: you think I'm SP now Savage Idealist?

Ne on the other hand seems more likely. Also, I voted that you might be ENFP, however the idea of Se isn't something that I would rule out entirely :yes:

Also, I think its imperative that you analyze your weaknesses; which function (Si or Ni) seems the least developed, weak, or unused?

oh dear, I wasn't aware you had such a poor opinion of me

Oh no, I didn't mean it in a bad way or anything, I mean we all have certain flaws, but that doesn't mean I think of you as anything less than a friend, I'm sorry. :sorry:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, so Se is probably not dominant.

Ne on the other hand seems more likely. Also, I voted that you might be ENFP, however the idea of Se isn't something that I would rule out entirely :yes:

Also, I think its imperative that you analyze your weaknesses; which function (Si or Ni) seems the least developed, weak, or unused?

Oh no, I didn't mean it in a bad way or anything, I mean we all have certain flaws, but that doesn't mean I think of you as anything less than a friend, I'm sorry. :sorry:

well, I was kinda confused because you listed a few weaknesses I don't believe either of us share. seems like we're still cool though :hug: :hug: :hug:
I wouldn't rule out ISFP though (ENTJ shadow would actually kinda make sense hehehe). ISFPs are also the most like NF-ish SPs. apart from that, I can kinda see ESTJ, but those are the only sensing types I relate to (certainly not ISTJ, ISFJ or ESTP). professional ENFPs can look like ESTJs though, and I know at work I'm much more of an ESTJ.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No. For example, I try on things to see if they fit, not how it looks on me.

That's a crap question, because Ne also involves gut instincts, and those impulses often manifest physically.

Because you don't like it, or because you're out of shape?

There's no distinction there. Intuition isn't about intellectualism - some of the most intellectual people I know are ISTPs

Explain.

That's also something Ne doesn't do - it pulls off results by coming up with better options.

Also a crap question - Ne does exactly the same thing.

Another bad question - Se is all about getting in there and getting one's hands dirty in order to learn.

That honestly sounds more like Ni

Se uses imagination as well. Jung himself emphasized this point distinctly.

Need to elaborate on this. Se is all about patterns.

Once again, Se does this, too.

Explain

What makes the other contexts random?

NeTi can often be about "the proof is in the pudding," especially if the idea comes from someone else.

First, what is the definition of "abstract pattern?" The second sentence sounds more like Ni.

xSxPs are familiar with all of these techniques.

The whole point of this thread is that we beg to differ.

Bold: you're saying everyone who likes to try on clothes to see how they look is SP and that Ns and SJs don't do this? I don't think so lol fashion is not exclusive to SPs.
PS: I'm actually in very good shape by the way :cool: (although I'd like to be a little more muscular, but I'll save that for a different thread). physical intensity like roller coasters, any kind of extreme sports, or physical confrontation overwhelm me and leave me wanting to crawl back into my room.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
True on the apparent age, but in the context of the story, he'd likely be early 30s. They didn't care so much about age-appropriate actors in the '60s, especially ones who could pull off patter-songs. ;)

Regarding George - some people resort to using heavy external structures to compensate for a disordered internal life. I'm somewhat disinclined to adopt his traits from the beginning of the film as his baseline personality, just because of the sea change that comes at the end. Furthermore, he was actively trying to repress the children's behavior throughout the film, rather than not understand it. It's reminiscent of someone who may be inclined toward similar sorts of fancy, but had it repressed through a brutal upbringing (likely in Victorian England, especially in a middle-class household). While I don't currently think that INTJ is the most likely option, there are certain things that point toward Ni, like

"Oh, yes. It is a word. A perfectly good word, actually. Do you know what there's no such thing
as? It turns out, with due respect, when all is said and done, that there's no such thing as you!"

At the same time, this sounds more like dom-tert Ne, and not inferior or shadow:

"I don't know. I might pop through a chalk pavement picture, and go for an outing in the country.
Or I might seize a horse off a merry-go-round, and win the derby! Or I might just fly a kite! Only
Poppins would know!"

So, really, who knows?

He says that at the end when he gets in touch with his tert/inferior functions, like it's something completely new to him. Plus, these are examples that have been shown to him in the past by others. These things have been modeled for him. It's not like those were random ideas he suddenly had.

ISTJ makes the most sense then.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Bold: you're saying everyone who likes to try on clothes to see how they look is SP and that Ns and SJs don't do this? I don't think so lol fashion is not exclusive to SPs.

Nope. Didn't say that at all. That was a direct answer to "doesn't everyone do this?"

However, fashion might as well be dominated by SPs, and xSFPs in particular. SJs might be concerned about the appearance of their clothing, but only so far as it sends the right social signals. "Clothes make the man," after all. NTs have no use for "the fashion world," and often dislike it outright. xNFJs may follow fashion insofar as staying up with current trends, but there's not a wholehearted embrace of it. xNFPs often develop their own personal style outside of established fashion trends.

PS: I'm actually in very good shape by the way :cool: (although I'd like to be a little more muscular, but I'll save that for a different thread). physical intensity like roller coasters, any kind of extreme sports, or physical confrontation overwhelm me and leave me wanting to crawl back into my room.

Interesting. Maybe you're HSP?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
well, I was kinda confused because you listed a few weaknesses I don't believe either of us share. seems like we're still cool though :hug: :hug: :hug:
I wouldn't rule out ISFP though (ENTJ shadow would actually kinda make sense hehehe). ISFPs are also the most like NF-ish SPs. apart from that, I can kinda see ESTJ, but those are the only sensing types I relate to (certainly not ISTJ, ISFJ or ESTP). professional ENFPs can look like ESTJs though, and I know at work I'm much more of an ESTJ.

ISFP could work as could ESTJ, I think. The only problem with this theory is that Te would be located in opposite places, which wouldn't make any sense; how could you level of Te be both inferior and primary simultaneously?

Sorry again for being presumptious and assuming things that may not have been true, and I'm glad we're cool now :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nope. Didn't say that at all. That was a direct answer to "doesn't everyone do this?"

However, fashion might as well be dominated by SPs, and xSFPs in particular. SJs might be concerned about the appearance of their clothing, but only so far as it sends the right social signals. "Clothes make the man," after all.

I'm sorry I'm going to have to disagree with you here. SJs can have a very particular aesthetic they follow because their Si likes it. So instead of being on top of all the newest fashion, they may have a signature style that is very attractive or even unique. I've known more than one SJ male who has a very distinctive way of dressing, though it tends to be a very ...hmmm...particular style they stick with. Like "this LOOK is me." It's not always things like business suits, either. It can easily be a strong preference for wearing red and black, always wearing a certain brand of jeans or shoes, or having a very particular aesthetic that is almost like their "uniform" but it doesn't have to be boring, I can't stress that enough. SJs who have highly developed Si aesthetics may have a consistent individual style that only changes subtley, but it can still be an interesting or colorful look. This isn't for social reasons. It's for what they like aesthetically.

I'm afraid you're trailing off here into Keirsey stereotypes instead of functions, so I'm not even going to address the other three temperaments, but I think you need to focus more on MOTIVATIONS and MANIFESTATIONS THEREOF rather than INTERESTS.

I'm one of those.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

However, fashion might as well be dominated by SPs, and xSFPs in particular. SJs might be concerned about the appearance of their clothing, but only so far as it sends the right social signals. "Clothes make the man," after all. NTs have no use for "the fashion world," and often dislike it outright. xNFJs may follow fashion insofar as staying up with current trends, but there's not a wholehearted embrace of it. xNFPs often develop their own personal style outside of established fashion trends.

fair enough. sorry my question was a little assumptive "NFPs often develop their own personal trends outside of established fashion trends" sounds a lot like me (but I've heard ISFPs in particular do this too). I don't dress anything like any people I know. I don't care about looking in style as long as I look good. for instance, I would greatly enjoy wearing a kimono or go early 20th century with a tweed coat, cane, top hat and eyeglass :cool: I don't so much care what other people are wearing, although I do like to be in the presence of physical beauty, but I'm sure this has little type relation. I do however take note of who takes care of themselves and who doesn't. I see a lot of people who wear stuff I think looks terrible, but THEY think they look good, and that's what's important. if I'm evaluating someone based off of looks, it's more about if I think they take care of themselves and treat themselves well than what they're actually wearing.
that being said, there are times when dressing down kinda bothers me. I went on a date with a woman, just to give being straight a try, and she came in with a hoody and shorts while I was in a button up shirt and tie and I'm thinking 'did this woman have a mother, my goodness'. once again though, I don't think this is type related. I know a lot of NFs who dress like divas and SPs who dress like they should go on jerry springer
one time where I do look intently at what someone is wearing is if they wear something that really connects with me and I think "that is SO me!" (based on the point you made, this seems more like a case for NFP) in which case I'll make adjustments to some of my wardrobe to bring out a characteristic more. as example of this is one day when I was watching Code Geass and the male emperial characters had on outfits that were half aristocratic/victorian and half future/high fashion.
PS: what's HSP?
PPS: my best friend is INTJ and he is all about looking good. no matter what type you are, taking a little time to pamper yourself, take care of yourself and dress up can make you feel better, the act of doing so more than the actual results of looking good.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

There are too many different levels & aspects of fashion to delegate it to one temperament. The people who create fashion are more often trendsetters than followers. Functional, everyday fashion is not the same as artistic couture; label & status-focused fashion is different from self-expressive, street fashion; etc...

Fashion is simply another art form (albeit, sometimes a commercial, "low" art), and assigning art to SPs is a stereotype at best. Jung associated artistic expression with Fi & Ni, general good taste with Fe, preoccupations with aesthetics/style with Se, and pursuing novel ideas with Ne. I think from this, you could see SFPs, NFPs, & NFJs being the most creative fashion-wise, and that's in-line with my personal observations anyway. Every other type still has at least one of these functions, and there are many explanations for why they'd become interested in fashion.

Enneagram might explain some of it also, as sometimes these things are more related to emotions than thought processes; e3s are concerned with image/status, e4s with being unique, e1s with appropriateness, etc.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
there are times when dressing down kinda bothers me. I went on a date with a woman, just to give being straight a try, and she came in with a hoody and shorts while I was in a button up shirt and tie and I'm thinking 'did this woman have a mother, my goodness'.

I'm just gonna throw in here that this is why people have suggested you sound just a touch ISFJ here and there.

Not that all SFJs are like that, though. Some of them think things like hoodies and shorts are perfectly acceptable date wear, because that's their primary group and their aesthetic preferences. I think the SJs I've dated have been more liberal SJs so I haven't encountered as much of this crap about looking down on hoodies or whatever (in fact, my ESFJ ex had his favorite red and black hoodies, like collections of them...his entire closet was practically red and black with some blue jeans, and then like two outfits he had that were business appropriate , like one suit, and just a pair of slacks and a button down shirt because he didn't do office work but he kept them for interviews and special occasions).

But THE ATTITUDE is the same. If you cross an SFJ about something they find inappropriate (and it's not the same for all of them) it's the same shit, like "omg do you have a mother? are you abnormal? don't you know how to act?" et al.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There are too many different levels & aspects of fashion to delegate it to one temperament. The people who create fashion are more often trendsetters than followers. Functional, everyday fashion is not the same as artistic couture; label & status-focused fashion is different from self-expressive, street fashion; etc...

Fashion is simply another art form (albeit, sometimes a commercial, "low" art), and assigning art to SPs is a stereotype at best. Jung associated artistic expression with Fi & Ni, general good taste with Fe, preoccupations with aesthetics/style with Se, and pursuing novel ideas with Ne. I think from this, you could see SFPs, NFPs, & NFJs being the most creative fashion-wise, and that's in-line with my personal observations anyway. Every other type still has at least one of these functions, and there are many explanations for why they'd become interested in fashion.

Enneagram might explain some of it also, as sometimes these things are more related to emotions than thought processes; e3s are concerned with image/status, e4s with being unique, e1s with appropriateness, etc.

I agree, that's been my opinion from the beginning actually :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just see too many blantantly ENFP qualities in myself. like, getting a connection and being like "omg! I gotta tell everyone!" in my mind, that I used to basically speak in metaphors and analogies, and especially the fact that as a child I was constantly daydreaming and off in my own world and never wanted to play sports or do other more typical Sensor activities (I doubt it's likely an ESFP child would spend the whole day daydreaming about magically fairytale lands and other iconically NFP stuff)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm just gonna throw in here that this is why people have suggested you sound just a touch ISFJ here and there.

Not that all SFJs are like that, though. Some of them think things like hoodies and shorts are perfectly acceptable date wear, because that's their primary group and their aesthetic preferences. I think the SJs I've dated have been more liberal SJs so I haven't encountered as much of this crap about looking down on hoodies or whatever (in fact, my ESFJ ex had his favorite red and black hoodies, like collections of them...his entire closet was practically red and black with some blue jeans, and then like two outfits he had that were business appropriate , like one suit, and just a pair of slacks and a button down shirt because he didn't do office work but he kept them for interviews and special occasions).

But THE ATTITUDE is the same. If you cross an SFJ about something they find inappropriate (and it's not the same for all of them) it's the same shit, like "omg do you have a mother? are you abnormal? don't you know how to act?" et al.

I don't look down on hoodies, I look down on wearing a hoody to a date. absolutely proposterous lol

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I'm sorry I'm going to have to disagree with you here. SJs can have a very particular aesthetic they follow because their Si likes it. So instead of being on top of all the newest fashion, they may have a signature style that is very attractive or even unique. I've known more than one SJ male who has a very distinctive way of dressing, though it tends to be a very ...hmmm...particular style they stick with. Like "this LOOK is me." It's not always things like business suits, either. It can easily be a strong preference for wearing red and black, always wearing a certain brand of jeans or shoes, or having a very particular aesthetic that is almost like their "uniform" but it doesn't have to be boring, I can't stress that enough. SJs who have highly developed Si aesthetics may have a consistent individual style that only changes subtley, but it can still be an interesting or colorful look. This isn't for social reasons. It's for what they like aesthetically.

I'd still argue that this is a social signal, of sorts - "maybe I'll show some mild flair, but what I wear is important, because it demonstrates to others that they can depend on me in all seasons, or it demonstrates that I am a competent, responsible member of society/this organization." I'm arguing that aesthetics and perceived message are deeply intertwined. One person's clothing choice ultimately represents ego-syntonic messages. Since extraverted judgment plays such a strong role in a J's sense of self, extra attention could be paid to what message the clothes send off.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ExFP is pretty clear to me. If it helps, you come across as extremely similar to savage idealist, but I see far less N in you. Whether you're all the way over to S or just closer to the border, I'm not sure. It would help if you discussed things other than yourself so that we could know what your interests are (not an insult, a statement).

- I have no physical coordination
- I am terrible at reading body language
- I am terrible at virtually every physical activity I've ever tried except fencing (which I was a friggin beast at btw, but just because I SJ'd the shit out of my training regimen and practiced repetitively for hours)
- I have no sense of real time
You can add one more to that list: "I have no idea what Se is". None of that indicates Se dominance, honestly I fit those 4 points perfectly and I'm confident that I'm Se-aux. Are you sure that you understand that Se dominance doesn't mean proficiency or ability in any way? That could dramatically change your answers.

Your Fi is too wild to really see whether it's guided by Se or Ne, though.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't look down on hoodies, I look down on wearing a hoody to a date. absolutely proposterous lol

maybe it wasn't a priority for her because she wasn't interested and she didn't feel the need to dress up.. i mean i don't know where you all went but i'd probably judge a guy who showed up on a date wearing a shirt and tie for being too formal. unless it was somewhere really fancy.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't think it's preposterous to wear a hoodie on a date in Southern California or Las Vegas, particularly amongst people who are athletic, and/or were once skaters or punks, or who are still part of the music scene. In fact, people in West Virginia wear hoodies. Hoodies are everywhere. They were considered very fashionable several years ago.

There are different qualities of hoodies, too. My ex used to always wear really high quality brand name stuff with particular designs and he would buy me similar things - he bought me a hoodie once that had cat ears and mittens that looked like paws, I miss that fucking jacket.

I mean, sure, if you're going to an upscale restaurant, you should probably wear a dress, a skirt, or at least dress pants, but otherwise...I mean where were you going on the date?

It's the fact that you presume there is "appropriate" date wear, or that all dates would involve an upscale dining atmosphere or something. What about dates to the beach, the movies, a casino, the park, a museum, a concert...

I think you're just from a different social group, and the fact that you're so judgey about seems like Fe to me, I'm totally serious, bro.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
maybe it wasn't a priority for her because she wasn't interested and she didn't feel the need to dress up.. i mean i don't know where you all went but i'd probably judge a guy who showed up on a date wearing a shirt and tie for being too formal. unless it was somewhere really fancy.

it was an expensive restaurant, she didn't know I was gay and she was very attracted to me (based on how she would always lean towards me, touching her neck, trying to supress a giggle much of the time when I would talk and starring into my eyes)

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
fair enough. sorry my question was a little assumptive "NFPs often develop their own personal trends outside of established fashion trends" sounds a lot like me (but I've heard ISFPs in particular do this too). I don't dress anything like any people I know. I don't care about looking in style as long as I look good. for instance, I would greatly enjoy wearing a kimono or go early 20th century with a tweed coat, cane, top hat and eyeglass :cool: I don't so much care what other people are wearing, although I do like to be in the presence of physical beauty, but I'm sure this has little type relation.

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty" - that's Keats for you.

I do however take note of who takes care of themselves and who doesn't. I see a lot of people who wear stuff I think looks terrible, but THEY think they look good, and that's what's important. if I'm evaluating someone based off of looks, it's more about if I think they take care of themselves and treat themselves well than what they're actually wearing.
that being said, there are times when dressing down kinda bothers me. I went on a date with a woman, just to give being straight a try, and she came in with a hoody and shorts while I was in a button up shirt and tie and I'm thinking 'did this woman have a mother, my goodness'. once again though, I don't think this is type related. I know a lot of NFs who dress like divas and SPs who dress like they should go on jerry springer

Going to have to add to the "sounds ISFJish" tip jar here.

one time where I do look intently at what someone is wearing is if they wear something that really connects with me and I think "that is SO me!" (based on the point you made, this seems more like a case for NFP) in which case I'll make adjustments to some of my wardrobe to bring out a characteristic more. as example of this is one day when I was watching Code Geass and the male emperial characters had on outfits that were half aristocratic/victorian and half future/high fashion.

Yeah, that's also Si-ish. There isn't as much of a tendency with Ne to look to another as a model to be emulated, or identification with another as being "SO me". It's more of quickly noticing the object, and recognizing that it fits within your wardrobe, for whatever reason. Unfortunately for we xNTPs, it doesn't make any sense to buy clothes unless they're functional and necessary in some way.

PS: what's HSP?

Highly Sensitive Person. It's a neurological trait whereby a person registers sensory input in an amplified way compared to the average population. It has both good and bad aspects: on the bad side, intense sensory experiences can often overwhelm an HSP, even to the point of nausea and vomiting. On the good side, there often is a greater appreciation for art and aesthetics, along with the fine details and facets that make something beautiful.

PPS: my best friend is INTJ and he is all about looking good. no matter what type you are, taking a little time to pamper yourself, take care of yourself and dress up can make you feel better, the act of doing so more than the actual results of looking good.

Yeah, INTJs do that sort of thing. They've got an archetypal (Ni) image that they want to project to the world, and they've got the Te facility in making that vision become reality. This also goes on the potential ISFJ tally.

I agree that there are people of all sorts of types there. I'll even go so far as to definitively state that there is some ENTP designer who loves what he or she does, if only because he or she gets to troll the entire fashion world every three months.

I guess my assertion was more that xS(F)P ethics and values are what drives the industry's better qualities of self-expression and artistic grace. It's not enough to be unique or innovative; one must be striking, bold and daring to get positive attention. There's always the desire to express some metaphorical quality within the clothing (which is where the Ni people come in). At the same time, my inclination is that many xNFPs may be turned off by how exploitative, racist and misogynistic the industry can be, not to mention how dehumanizing the extreme focus on physical appeal may be.