• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is Elfboy an S in disguise?

Is Elfboy S?

• You guys are crazy, Elfboy is ENFP as hell!

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Elfboy might be ENFP

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Elfboy is N, but not ENFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elfboy might be SJ

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Elfboy is definitely SJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elfboy might be SP

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Elfboy is definitely SP

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah I put off taking it for almost a week because I hate adding stuff up like that. I knew I was a Sunburst anyway.

You're like an SFP-ish NFP. Like me.

I don't get the "shooing people away" thing, still, though. It makes you seem more of like an INFP-ish 4.

warning, I'm half way through typing this and it's turning into kind of a rant, it's also moderately self congratulatory

well, a lot of it is that I read people extremely quickly with my NF powers. I can tell what's good about the person, what's bad about them, what modivates them, sometimes even their life's purpose (I have guessed people's life's purpose within a hour of meeting them and been right on more than 10 occasions). because of this however, I see all of people's bad qualities because they can't hide them from me like they can with 50% of guys who are STs. I'm not saying this to brag either, it's like a hyper sensitivity sometimes, especially with women (most of the women in my city are COMPLETE bitches).
shooing people away was a bit exaggerated and the wrong word to use, that's only the case in a few situations. you see, my personality is very entertaining and charismatic so people end up expecting me to do all these things, and people expecting things of me is something I find VERY offensive (I'm sure the wing 8 has a lot to do with this). usually I just don't like someone and leave, as most people I've found have at least one quality I find intolerable over long periods of time.
most people then go on to label me insecure, arrogant, self absorbed, selfish, dillusional, immature, shallow, closed minded or unhealthy and I just sit here thinking 'my point exactly. how does anyone tolerate imbeciles like this?' in truth, I am of above average emotional health, intellectually deep and I believe very mature for my age in terms of having my belief system down pat and knowing what direction I want for my life.
the worst thing though is people expect me to follow all these rules, protocol, social rituals and beliefs. few things make me more angry than telling me what I should think and trying to brainwash me. why can't people just talk to me as an equal instead of trying to subordinate me or suck up to me? why is the concept of existing as an equal and sharing information on a neutral, non judgemental playing field so damn difficult for most people? if I am a self righteous, self absorbed bastard, it's because i feel like the world is constantly trying to disturb me and cause mundane unpleasantries. as such, the vast majority of the people I get along with are extremely wealthy and high class.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
the vast majority of the people I get along with are extremely wealthy and high class.

Is it because you were raised wealthy, or is it because you're an image obsessed social climber, because you seem like the latter.

Which is why 4w3 makes sense for you.

I understand that you don't like it when people tell you to do things, I don't like social protocol or being dragged into silly obligations either.

I wouldn't say I shoo people away, though. I'm pretty open but if I don't like someone I'll be very up front about it and I have no problem just walking away from certain situations.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is it because you were raised wealthy, or is it because you're an image obsessed social climber, because you seem like the latter.

Which is why 4w3 makes sense for you.

I understand that you don't like it when people tell you to do things, I don't like social protocol or being dragged into silly obligations either.

I wouldn't say I shoo people away, though. I'm pretty open but if I don't like someone I'll be very up front about it and I have no problem just walking away from certain situations.

it's not about being a social climber, it's about having the money, the time and the power to do what ever I want. while the status and sense of superiority are a wonderful benefit, they're certainly not the main factors. I don't like things because they're high class, it's that the things I do like happen to be high class. I intuitively knew by age 5 that I related to the wealthier, more sophisticated movie characters.
Edit: actually, I wasn't raised in a wealthy family at all. my parents did a good job as providers, but they're friggin hippies, just like the rest of the city I live in.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
it's not about being a social climber, it's about having the money, the time and the power to do what ever I want. while the status and sense of superiority are a wonderful benefit, they're certainly not the main factors.

You constantly make statements which seem extremely elitist and status-conscious, like you want to be thought of a certain way, or associated with certain people.

That is not about wanting money. I want money but I don't give a rat's ass about someone's socio-econonomic class, about fame, or about any of those external trappings of social appearance. You seem absolutely OBSESSED BY THIS.

4w3 is the aristocrat. 4 is introspective, imaginative, and sometimes elitist, and 3s can't wait to project a certain image to others.

I don't like things because they're high class, it's that the things I do like happen to be high class. I intuitively knew by age 5 that I related to the wealthier, more sophisticated movie characters.

You're so fucking immature it boggles my mind. You don't even see that you're living in fantasy world. Yes, I want to be like a wealthy person from the 19th or early 20th century too...because those people had the resources and the time to develop intellectual or creative pursuits. You haven't even seemed to examine the real reasons why you associate yourself with wealthy characters. It's most likely simply because you want the resources and free time to have a certain lifestyle that would make an NF feel comfortable and self-actualized.

Edit: actually, I wasn't raised in a wealthy family at all. my parents did a good job as providers, but they're friggin hippies, just like the rest of the city I live in.

I figured you weren't, because wealthy people don't tend to make as big of a deal about wanting to be associated with the wealthy. At least not openly.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You constantly make statements which seem extremely elitist and status-conscious, like you want to be thought of a certain way, or associated with certain people.

That is not about wanting money. I want money but I don't give a rat's ass about someone's socio-econonomic class, about fame, or about any of those external trappings of social appearance. You seem absolutely OBSESSED BY THIS.

4w3 is the aristocrat. 4 is introspective, imaginative, and sometimes elitist, and 3s can't wait to project a certain image to others.

You're so fucking immature it boggles my mind. You don't even see that you're living in fantasy world. Yes, I want to be like a wealthy person from the 19th or early 20th century too...because those people had the resources and the time to develop intellectual or creative pursuits. You haven't even seemed to examine the real reasons why you associate yourself with wealthy characters. It's most likely simply because you want the resources and free time to have a certain lifestyle that would make an NF feel comfortable and self-actualized.

I figured you weren't, because wealthy people don't tend to make as big of a deal about wanting to be associated with the wealthy. At least not openly.

I am well aware of the reality I live in, the fantasy world is what I'm trying to create, and it's not quite as fancy and philosophical as it sounds. with money, time and freedom, you can choose who you do/don't make contact with, what you do, where you live, what lifestyle you want... with $700,000 a year you can pretty much create your own reality where you make the rules. my reasons for going after my goals are much more 7 and 8 than they are 4 and certainly much more than 3. there is nothing immature about taking control of your destiny and creating the life you want.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you could be an ESTP...I'm not sure where the F is in all this.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You'll need a lot more than that ;p

no I won't. it's not like I'm building a fairytale castle town with a moat around it lol. I simple want a (really) nice condo in a big city, nice clothes, good food, excessive hygienal care, enough money to go shopping frequently, a collection of hobbies including martial arts and dancing, a maid to clean my place once a month or so (that's like $40 a month, the cost of maids is obscenely overestimated) and enough money to travel the world several months a year.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you could be an ESTP...I'm not sure where the F is in all this.

if by F you mean Fe? none. Fi however I have plenty of (fiery conviction, moral principles, self reflective tendencies)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am well aware of the reality I live in, the fantasy world is what I'm trying to create, and it's not quite as fancy and philosophical as it sounds. with money, time and freedom, you can choose who you do/don't make contact with, what you do, where you live, what lifestyle you want... with $700,000 a year you can pretty much create your own reality where you make the rules. my reasons for going after my goals are much more 7 and 8 than they are 4 and certainly much more than 3. there is nothing immature about taking control of your destiny and creating the life you want.

You're right there's nothing immature about taking control of your destiny and creating the life you want. It's my own life's motto. All of those things you want...lots of people want. Why are you so convinced your motives are 8? You don't seem 8 AT ALL to me. But whatever.

You live in a fantasy world because you think "INFPs are pure and magical in everything they do and say" and "INTJs are always badass" and "sociopaths are cool" and "I intuitively knew from age 5 I was more like wealthy, high class characters in movies." And just the whole front you put on here, the stuff you've convinced yourself of, it's...yeah.

esidebill

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
no I won't. it's not like I'm building a fairytale castle town with a moat around it lol. I simple want a (really) nice condo in a big city, nice clothes, good food, excessive hygienal care, enough money to go shopping frequently, a collection of hobbies including martial arts and dancing, a maid to clean my place once a month or so (that's like $40 a month, the cost of maids is obscenely overestimated) and enough money to travel the world several months a year.

You'd only clean it once a month? HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Yeah seriously. We have a maid that comes here, it's not expensive at all to have a maid come once or twice a week.

Having a live-in maid, on the other hand...

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're right there's nothing immature about taking control of your destiny and creating the life you want. It's my own life's motto. All of those things you want...lots of people want. Why are you so convinced your motives are 8? You don't seem 8 AT ALL to me. But whatever.

You live in a fantasy world because you think "INFPs are pure and magical in everything they do and say" and "INTJs are always badass" and "sociopaths are cool" and "I intuitively knew from age 5 I was more like wealthy, high class characters in movies." And just the whole front you put on here, the stuff you've convinced yourself of, it's...yeah.

- well, I'm not a pure 8 that's fa dayum sho, but certainly have a lot of 8 motivations like a 7w8.
- I don't think ALL INTJs are bad ass, I just happen to like that type
- same with INFP. I don't think they're all these magical elves who live in lotherien, they just have a mythical sort of "vibe" to them
- I did know when I was 5 that I fit in better in wealthy society. just ask my parents, I thought I was a male version of Mary Poppins and was always correcting people on how they were rude and being overly emotional
- there is nothing immature about thinking psychopaths are cool. there is something immature about wanting to BE a psychopath. saying someone is immature based on interests is extremely assumptive
it's assumptions like these that are the reason I don't like most people. they think you are immature unless you like the same boring conventional things as everyone else, even if they try to say that they are unconventional and that you are extreme. so what if I am extreme anyway? I don't get how that's immature either.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

probably more, but the frequency was inconsequential to the point I was trying to make

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
- well, I'm not a pure 8 that's fa dayum sho, but certainly have a lot of 8 motivations like a 7w8.
- I don't think ALL INTJs are bad ass, I just happen to like that type
- same with INFP. I don't think they're all these magical elves who live in lotherien, they just have a mythical sort of "vibe" to them
- I did know when I was 5 that I fit in better in wealthy society. just ask my parents, I thought I was a male version of Mary Poppins and was always correcting people on how they were rude and being overly emotional
- there is nothing immature about thinking psychopaths are cool. there is something immature about wanting to BE a psychopath. saying someone is immature based on interests is extremely assumptive
it's assumptions like these that are the reason I don't like most people. they think you are immature unless you like the same boring conventional things as everyone else, even if they try to say that they are unconventional and that you are extreme. so what if I am extreme anyway? I don't get how that's immature either.

It's immature because you haven't accepted the reality of sociopaths. It's a fantasy to you.

It would be impossible for someone to have Victorian manners and really, for truth, to love sociopaths. I mean the stuff you say doesn't even make sense.

Just because you admire Victorian manners doesn't make you associated with the wealthy. If anything, in the UK it's the middle class who try to adhere to the more Victorian or fancy ways of talking. I can even get you the link. The aristocracy in England actually speaks more directly there than the traditional middle class.

esidebill

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
probably more, but the frequency was inconsequential to the point I was trying to make

Hehe. Your point was about living a lavish lifestyle and how you're so accustomed to it? Well good luck to you. I hope being rich and having your fantasy world accounts for everything you could ever want out of the world. Outside of that, I could truly have no say in what you want or feel you need.

KDude

I've suggested it to him, but then, I think I'd have to suggest it to myself as well the more I think about it. So whatever. :cool:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've suggested it to him, but then, I think I'd have to suggest it to myself as well the more I think about it. So whatever. :cool:

i just had a total psychic moment..kind of! i mean that i just thought i haven't seen you post in awhile and then you posted..just tripped ma self ouuuut! haha

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's immature because you haven't accept the reality of sociopaths. It's a fantasy to you.

It would be impossible for someone to have Victorian manners and really, for truth, to love sociopaths. I mean the stuff you say doesn't even make sense.

Just because you admire Victorian manners doesn't make you associated with the wealthy. If anything, in the UK it's the middle class who try to adhere to the more Victorian or fancy ways of talking. I can even get you the link. The aristocracy in England actually speaks more directly there than the traditional middle class.

- I never said I loved sociopaths, but sometimes they do things that I think are entertaining, like how you go to see and action movie but you wouldn't actually cut someone's head off with a samurai sword IRL.
- why do you assume sociopaths are a fantasy to me?
- mary poppins was only 1 example. I have consistantly related to rich people in almost every movie I've seen which portrayed various time periods.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
- I never said I loved sociopaths, but sometimes they do things that I think are entertaining, like how you go to see and action movie but you wouldn't actually cut someone's head off with a samurai sword IRL.
- why do you assume sociopaths are a fantasy to me?
- mary poppins was only 1 example. I have consistantly related to rich people in almost every movie I've seen which portrayed various time periods.

I really would love for you to develop that Te you keep claiming you have. I know it will happen someday.