User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is Elfboy S?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • You guys are crazy, Elfboy is ENFP as hell!

11 37.93%
  • Elfboy might be ENFP

5 17.24%
  • Elfboy is N, but not ENFP

0 0%
  • Elfboy might be SJ

2 6.90%
  • Elfboy is definitely SJ

0 0%
  • Elfboy might be SP

7 24.14%
  • Elfboy is definitely SP

4 13.79%
First 816171819 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I lived with an ESFJ, was in a very intense close relationship with him for five years, so I can tell you that ESFJs nurture people in very practical, immediate ways. He would say things like "Are you comfortable sitting there? It's softer here" and "You've been drinking caffeine all day, you need to drink more water" and he would bring me a glass of water without me asking for it or agreeing to drink it. If we were sick, he would wash the bedding EVERY DAY we were sick in order "to kill the germs." I would wake up sometimes and he would be cleaning the house. I came home from work one night and he was scrubbing the bathroom. These were common occurances.

He was also very particular about eating foods he was familiar with and kind of afraid to try new foods, I would have to prompt him to do so. In order to make him happy, I would bring him things that I absolutely knew he liked, like candy he'd been eating since he was a kid.

Speaking of being a kid, he starting collecting horror films in his childhood, kept them listed and organized, and knew lots of details about the directors and genres.

HOWEVER he was not at all interested in any sort of deep analysis about the films. He cared about emotional impact, usage of color, and atmosphere rather than "message" or "meaning" usually. He sometimes told me I was overly analytical. He's a very intelligent ESFJ, too, very quick and witty and had very sophisticated taste in music and film, is kind of snobby about his films, too. He just doesn't give a rats ass about theory, and it kind of annoys him.

My ENFJ sister, on the other hand, loves to analyze the problems of the world and psychoanalyze the people around her. She thinks about people in other countries and is very "politically correct." She really goes far with it, avoiding the cartoon Family Guy because she believes there are bad underlying messages in it 0_o. My ENFJ sister is every bit as "others centered" and nurturing as an ESFJ, but it's in a more ... analytical way, and not always as practical. In fact, sometimes she can neglect practical things to the point of it seeming inconsiderate. But she's extremely supportive and considers herself kind of the "family referree" who wants everyone to get along.

I know these are only two examples, but I hope this helps make the distinction clearer.
    k

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I believe it's somewhere in my first 4 functions (particularly the music reference) but not in the dominant or auxilary position. so it's an Si thing if you enjoy playing the same video games you did as a child, getting the same sandwhich at a particular restaurant or enjoying your favorite variety of tea? I definitely do this, but most of the time I prefer new experiences, older ones just happen to be more reliable because you know you'll like it. there's nothing worse than going out to eat for the first time in months and thinking "that was disgusting, I should have had the usual". generally I like to have a repertoir of reliable options, but mostly as a fall back in case non of the new options presented are favorable
    Here's the thing - you can identify instances of Ne, you can identify instances of Fi. However, when presented with Si, it resonates, but you have trouble identifying it...

That's actually a pretty good sign that you're dealing with the dominant function, btw. It's so integrated into your sense of self, that reifying it seems weird and unnatural somehow. It's there, but it's just that its workings are so omnipresent that you can't tell the difference.

Ne is supposed to be about "looking for possibilities" and "hidden meanings". I can honestly say that I've never engaged in either of these activities consciously with any success at any point in my life. However, things just seem to pop up, or the way something is placed hits me in a certain way, or a certain thought will meander through my head and unleash a torrent.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Here's the thing - you can identify instances of Ne, you can identify instances of Fi. However, when presented with Si, it resonates, but you have trouble identifying it...

That's actually a pretty good sign that you're dealing with the dominant function, btw. It's so integrated into your sense of self, that reifying it seems weird and unnatural somehow. It's there, but it's just that its workings are so omnipresent that you can't tell the difference.

Ne is supposed to be about "looking for possibilities" and "hidden meanings". I can honestly say that I've never engaged in either of these activities consciously with any success at any point in my life. However, things just seem to pop up, or the way something is placed hits me in a certain way, or a certain thought will meander through my head and unleash a torrent.
    Oh yeah totally agreed. I have this blind spot with Ne.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

actually, I can agree with this too. ideas will come to me if I look at information, but if I try to "make" the ideas come or try deliberately to come up with ideas, I fail miserably.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

actually, I can agree with this too. ideas will come to me if I look at information, but if I try to "make" the ideas come or try deliberately to come up with ideas, I fail miserably.
    I hate when people instruct me to "brainstorm." But then when they don't tell me to, they're trying to get me to stay on-topic because I'm jumping around.

You cannot command the Ne.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I hate when people instruct me to "brainstorm." But then when they don't tell me to, they're trying to get me to stay on-topic because I'm jumping around.

You cannot command the Ne.
    I'm with you there. my INTJ friend has this ability to "force" creativity and innovation whenever he needs it, an ability of which I am most envious. I'm not really sure if it's Fi or Ne that's less "under my command" but I do go into an Fi-Si loop a lot.
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm shocked.

Banned

I'm shocked.
    *notes that onemoretime may have just realised that you can say 2 entirely opposing things to an ENFP and they will agree that both apply to them 100%*

*Laughs heartily*

The only thing they won't agree with: 'I sometimes act or appear inconsistent with my values.'

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    *notes that onemoretime may have just realised that you can say 2 entirely opposing things to an ENFP and they will agree that both apply to them 100%*

*Laughs heartily*

The only thing they won't agree with: 'I sometimes act or appear inconsistent with my values.'
    it's true, especially if they are contextual. perhaps the opposing things are both true at different times/situations (which, if you're dealing with an ENFP, is very likely)
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

Banned

it's true, especially if they are contextual. perhaps the opposing things are both true at different times/situations (which, if you're dealing with an ENFP, is very likely)
    It's okay, we don't blame you.