User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is Elfboy S?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • You guys are crazy, Elfboy is ENFP as hell!

11 37.93%
  • Elfboy might be ENFP

5 17.24%
  • Elfboy is N, but not ENFP

0 0%
  • Elfboy might be SJ

2 6.90%
  • Elfboy is definitely SJ

0 0%
  • Elfboy might be SP

7 24.14%
  • Elfboy is definitely SP

4 13.79%
First 51314151617 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    it was an expensive restaurant, she didn't know I was gay and she was very attracted to me (based on how she would always lean towards me, touching her neck, trying to supress a giggle much of the time when I would talk and starring into my eyes)
    Did you bother to tell her that you were taking her to a fancy restaurant?

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Did you bother to tell her that you were taking her to a fancy restaurant?
    yes. she even said, "oo that place is expensive" and I said "don't worry, I'll cover you"
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

yes. she even said, "oo that place is expensive" and I said "don't worry, I'll cover you"
    Okay in that situation, I personally, would have worn a skirt or dress and heels, et al.

I can see your point, if you told her you were taking her somewhere nice, if she liked you at all...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Okay in that situation, I personally, would have worn a skirt or dress and heels, et al.

I can see your point, if you told her you were taking her somewhere nice, if she liked you at all...
    it was obvious she liked me during the date, but perhaps she really didn't like me before hand and realized "you know he's a nice guy" during the date. maybe she didn't like me because she was thought I was a stuck up snob, but she still thought I was hot (it wouldn't be the first person who disliked me but thought I was hot, seems to happen a lot for some reason lol)
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

I just see too many blantantly ENFP qualities in myself. like, getting a connection and being like "omg! I gotta tell everyone!" in my mind, that I used to basically speak in metaphors and analogies, and especially the fact that as a child I was constantly daydreaming and off in my own world and never wanted to play sports or do other more typical Sensor activities (I doubt it's likely an ESFP child would spend the whole day daydreaming about magically fairytale lands and other iconically NFP stuff)
    Sure they would. Ne isn't what makes the fairytale lands - that's imagination and fantasy (which Jung makes clear exist separately from the functions). For example, let's say you're an ESFP. Let's also say that you are an HSP. So, you go outside to play sports, but you get an instantaneous reaction - hey, this doesn't feel good at all! I don't think I should be doing this! So you quit playing, and use imaginative visions and fantasy to make up for the physical activity that vexes you so greatly. That's Se looking out for you, by the way. Your nervous system, in that scenario, is so easily overloaded, that your brain acts instinctively to shut everything down so you can handle it. On the other hand, Ne is sort of stupid in these situations. You'd keep convincing yourself that maybe this time, it'll be different, and keep overloading yourself until you simply break down and get really sick.

Look at your Enneagram - you're an Sp leading instinct. That means that above all else, your gut reaction is to keep yourself safe. Se deals in gut reactions, for a large part. So while someone with an Sx leading instinct with Se might gravitate toward intensity of experience, your Sp leading instinct may incline Se to pull you from harm's way.

Of course, I'm not saying that's what your reality is at all. It's just a possibility.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

it was obvious she liked me during the date, but perhaps she really didn't like me before hand and realized "you know he's a nice guy" during the date. maybe she didn't like me because she was thought I was a stuck up snob, but she still thought I was hot (it wouldn't be the first person who disliked me but thought I was hot, seems to happen a lot for some reason lol)
    The negative tone of these hypotheticals also provides evidence against being an Ne dom.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Sure they would. Ne isn't what makes the fairytale lands - that's imagination and fantasy (which Jung makes clear exist separately from the functions). For example, let's say you're an ESFP. Let's also say that you are an HSP. So, you go outside to play sports, but you get an instantaneous reaction - hey, this doesn't feel good at all! I don't think I should be doing this! So you quit playing, and use imaginative visions and fantasy to make up for the physical activity that vexes you so greatly. That's Se looking out for you, by the way. Your nervous system, in that scenario, is so easily overloaded, that your brain acts instinctively to shut everything down so you can handle it. On the other hand, Ne is sort of stupid in these situations. You'd keep convincing yourself that maybe this time, it'll be different, and keep overloading yourself until you simply break down and get really sick.

Look at your Enneagram - you're an Sp leading instinct. That means that above all else, your gut reaction is to keep yourself safe. Se deals in gut reactions, for a large part. So while someone with an Sx leading instinct with Se might gravitate toward intensity of experience, your Sp leading instinct may incline Se to pull you from harm's way.

Of course, I'm not saying that's what your reality is at all. It's just a possibility.
    in your example I was a cross between the SP HFP kid and the NP kid "the maybe it'll be different part" and the clumbsy stupidity when I actually did play sports. mostly though, I just thought they were boring and I'd rather talk to people about my ideas and their ideas.
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I don't look down on hoodies, I look down on wearing a hoody to a date. absolutely proposterous lol
    Heh. Just did this today. Worked out fine.
    "Others should not judge what you truly are, instead you should find yourself. You may find yourself in a bowl of cereal or dreaming of the unknown, but make sure it is you who finds you." - Myself

ENTP
    Extroverted (E) 56.76% Introverted (I) 43.24%
    Intuitive (N) 64.29% Sensing (S) 35.71%
    Thinking (T) 62.5% Feeling (F) 37.5%
    Perceiving (P) 75% Judging (J) 25%

9w8 SP/SX
    Neutral

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

in your example I was a cross between the SP HFP kid and the NP kid "the maybe it'll be different part" and the clumbsy stupidity when I actually did play sports. mostly though, I just thought they were boring and I'd rather talk to people about my ideas and their ideas.
    "Maybe it'll be different" is a self-motivating mantra, and not a statement of resigned defeat in these circumstances. Let's face it, as kids, few of us had much choice over whether or not we wanted to participate in physical activities.

Also, lettuce be cereal - no young child goes around wanting to talk to people about their ideas. They go around wanting to talk about something they saw, or something they heard, or something they made, or how great Mommy and Daddy are. Usually, abstract thought goes only so far as asking questions about things, especially asking why something is the way it is, or what something means. You usually can't type young kids beyond introversion and extraversion, because there's not enough data to separate what's temperament based, and what derives from other sources (like HSP, or a poor athlete becoming a star once she gets a proper set of glasses)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    "Maybe it'll be different" is a self-motivating mantra, and not a statement of resigned defeat in these circumstances. Let's face it, as kids, few of us had much choice over whether or not we wanted to participate in physical activities.

Also, lettuce be cereal - no young child goes around wanting to talk to people about their ideas. They go around wanting to talk about something they saw, or something they heard, or something they made, or how great Mommy and Daddy are. Usually, abstract thought goes only so far as asking questions about things, especially asking why something is the way it is, or what something means. You usually can't type young kids beyond introversion and extraversion, because there's not enough data to separate what's temperament based, and what derives from other sources (like HSP, or a poor athlete becoming a star once she gets a proper set of glasses)
    I disagree with this. there is a clear difference between ESP children and IFP children and neither of them are anything like most ISJ children, I don't think you can type their entire type, but certainly E/I and J/P as well as probably their first function. I was sorta between an IFP child and an ENP child from what I remember
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!