User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is Elfboy S?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • You guys are crazy, Elfboy is ENFP as hell!

    11 37.93%
  • Elfboy might be ENFP

    5 17.24%
  • Elfboy is N, but not ENFP

    0 0%
  • Elfboy might be SJ

    2 6.90%
  • Elfboy is definitely SJ

    0 0%
  • Elfboy might be SP

    7 24.14%
  • Elfboy is definitely SP

    4 13.79%
First 89101112 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 186

  1. #91
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    social protocol and rules =/= manners and consideration (especially because most of the times I corrected people had to do with them negatively impacting me in some way), but I did stop this behavior later in life because I hated when people did it to me.
    You're an ESFP. Your judgment of things is very tied to external appearance.

    Those were your opposing personality and senex SiFe shadow complexes at play. You said it yourself - those came about in response to others being negative. You opposed through citing rules of social behavior, standing assured that the other person's behavior was deviant, and that you played the role of a learned archetype in the process. Shadow NiFe would look far more paranoid and avoidant, and assume that the other person was a lost cause, rather than a child who needed to learn from the superior.

    When the same rules of social behavior are cited to you, it feels like you're being browbeaten by an unpleasant old person who's pulling rank on you. When you matured and changed, that was your Fi acting in its caring parental role, gently correcting your behavior.

  2. #92
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Mary Poppins is ENFJ, even, I've decided. She's very warm and accomodating for a Victorian woman, and furthermore, her entire goal is to bring children closer to their parents. What an ENFJ task to undertake. Her entire purpose in life is to make people's relationships stronger by using magic, silly words, and good manners.

    ExFJ *is* directing. ExFPs is informing.
    You seem to be confused.
    bold: I'm afraid it doesn't work like that. within each of the 4 Keirsey Temperaments (SJ, SP, NF, NT) there are 2 directing types and 2 informing types

    STJs are directing, SFJs are informing
    STPs are directing, SFPs are informing
    NFJs are directing, NFPs are informing
    NTJs are directing, NTPs are informing
    essentially, STs and NJs are informing, SFs and NPs are directing
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  3. #93
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    You're an ESFP. Your judgment of things is very tied to external appearance.

    Those were your opposing personality and senex SiFe shadow complexes at play. You said it yourself - those came about in response to others being negative. You opposed through citing rules of social behavior, standing assured that the other person's behavior was deviant, and that you played the role of a learned archetype in the process. Shadow NiFe would look far more paranoid and avoidant, and assume that the other person was a lost cause, rather than a child who needed to learn from the superior.

    When the same rules of social behavior are cited to you, it feels like you're being browbeaten by an unpleasant old person who's pulling rank on you. When you matured and changed, that was your Fi acting in its caring parental role, gently correcting your behavior.
    possible, but it doesn't explain how my Ne is excellent and my Se sucks (believe me, I could use a LOT of it lol)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  4. #94
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    I just said she was an ENFJ. Furthermore, I think Mrs. Banks is ENFP and Mr. Banks is ISTJ.

    Why would an ISTJ need an ESTJ to come in and teach him to love his own children?

    Good lord, Elfboy. Sure, I know a bunch of ESTJs who carry around magic bottomless carpetbags and fly through the air with an umbrella, making up words, and admonishing the children to feel sorry for the homeless lady and feed the birds.

    You're so silly.

  5. #95
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Mary Poppins is ENFJ, even, I've decided. She's very warm and accomodating for a Victorian woman, and furthermore, her entire goal is to bring children closer to their parents. What an ENFJ task to undertake. Her entire purpose in life is to make people's relationships stronger by using magic, silly words, and good manners.

    ExFJ *is* directing. ExFPs is informing.

    You seem to be confused.
    if you wish to discuss Mary Poppin's type, we should probably make a thread, but currently the more pressing matter is that you seem to be under the impression that there is something wrong with me for not liking most people. it is this matter that I wish to have settled and fully understand where you're coming from
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  6. #96
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I just said she was an ENFJ. Furthermore, I think Mrs. Banks is ENFP and Mr. Banks is ISTJ.

    Why would an ISTJ need an ESTJ to come in and teach him to love his own children?

    Good lord, Elfboy. Sure, I know a bunch of ESTJs who carry around magic bottomless carpetbags and fly through the air with an umbrella, making up words, and admonishing the children to feel sorry for the homeless lady and feed the birds.

    You're so silly.
    you actually said this
    ExFJ *is* directing. ExFPs is informing.
    the part I bolded in order to emphasize the disagreement I was pointing out was here
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  7. #97
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I just said she was an ENFJ. Furthermore, I think Mrs. Banks is ENFP and Mr. Banks is ISTJ.

    Why would an ISTJ need an ESTJ to come in and teach him to love his own children?

    Good lord, Elfboy. Sure, I know a bunch of ESTJs who carry around magic bottomless carpetbags and fly through the air with an umbrella, making up words, and admonishing the children to feel sorry for the homeless lady and feed the birds.

    You're so silly.
    because it had nothing to do with type. Mr. Banks was not giving his children proper attention. Mary Poppins taught him that this was important. George Banks was also a 1 who integrated to 7 by the end (basically she got him to loosen up).
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  8. #98
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Everything about Mary Poppins screams ENFJ. I mean, seriously bro. I think an ESTJ would have better things to do than dance around with cartoon penguins and have tea in the air.

  9. #99
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    but currently the more pressing matter is that you seem to be under the impression that there is something wrong with me for not liking most people.
    No, I said you were immature and living in a fantasy world, and this "shooing people away" thing seemed not-very-ENFP, but then you clarified what you meant by that, and that you just meant you don't like being imposed on to do particular things, and that's different.

  10. #100
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Everything about Mary Poppins screams ENFJ. I mean, seriously bro. I think an ESTJ would have better things to do than dance around with cartoon penguins and have tea in the air.
    not to be rude, but I'm through discussing this on this thread. if you post a thread about mary poppins, I will be happy to pay it a visit it at a later date
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Similar Threads

  1. Is depression a benefit in disguise?
    By AphroditeGoneAwry in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: 03-03-2014, 05:07 PM
  2. Is there an "MBTIc Cleavage in Avatars" compe*tit*ion?
    By MacGuffin in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 354
    Last Post: 01-07-2010, 01:13 PM
  3. [INTP] Is this an INTP thing? Or am I just sick?
    By Mort Belfry in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 10:56 AM
  4. An Article in the Paper
    By wildcat in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-07-2008, 05:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO