User Tag List

View Poll Results: ENTP or INTP?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENTP

    0 0%
  • INTP

    5 100.00%
First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 42

  1. #31
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    all tests should only be used as indicator, not something you determine your type based on, thats simply because they arent accurate enough. also the results may vary based on life situation(and past situations), even tho your type havent changed.

    another thing i have noticed with this test that those functions that MBTI calls shadow functions seem to be based on how you use two normal functions together(Ti + Fe = Fi etc). i also noticed some other patterns with this same test when i took it 3 times in about time of 1.5 years(about 6 months apart) and did some self reflecting on scores vs the situation.

    have you done this test earlier? would be interesting to see the scores.

    anyways here are some of my scores:

    Ti: 46, 49.7, 43.2 | Te: 39.5, 37, 39.3
    Ne: 43.8, 33.7, 40.2 | Ni: 10.1, 24.6, 29.9
    Si: 34.3, 27.9, 20,7 | Se: 18.5, 20, 19
    Fe: 6.9, 15.5, 9.3 | Fi: 41.3, 33.8, 39

    at the time i took all of these tests i kinda had some sort of Ti Fe complex. this Ti Fe complex is basically Ti ruling self when Fe should be used alone and this causing problems with some situation. Ti working in the field of Fe and it looking like Fi, hence the test showing high Fi. Ni seems to grow over time as im doing more self reflecting and mastering it. also you can see Si going down as Ni is raising, i suspect that this is Ne working in the field of Si and Si is lowering since im letting go of the comparison current situation with the past and questioning if the subjective perception is actually the truth. with the middle scores, you can see both Ti and Fe raising, but Fi and Ne going down, i suspect that this is because i sort of realized that im doing this whole thing wrong, but i wasnt taking new info in anymore, but just using rational decision making on processing the whole thing that caused it. at the last one as i did some more introspection and took in some more info in, i sorta started thinking i should stop giving a fuck about harmony and start concentrating more to myself, but also noticed that i should let go from Ti analysis a bit, hence the lowering of Ti and Fe and increase of Fi.
    this "Fi" wasnt real Fi since i was just sort of analyzing the unconscious Fe with Ti, simply because what came out of it didnt seem like it could be trusted enough from the point of view of my persona(or ego or the conscious self that has been always relied on handling stuff with Ti).
    this "Ni" is simply a misconception from the test, because some Ni questions are about self reflection, so as i got better at self reflection the score on Ni increased, also i think its about Ne working in the field of Si, in other words Ne looking for things to support my subjective perceptions.
    i think this "Se" is simply a misconception from Si taking in things rich in detail and when doing this in combination of Ne and detailed Ti analysis in real time, it causes some test questions to see this sort of thing as Se. Si is not about just comparing subjective impression of current situation to past subjective impressions, it also works creating subjective impressions in real time, but not in real time like Se does, its more sort of perceiving things shortly after it has been processed and perceiving the processed stuff, instead of just taking the details in like Se.
    i think this "Te" is a combination of Ti + Ne, or more like how much im doing Ti analysis on Ne, kinda like interrupting Ne process by Ti analysis. like if normal Ti Ne would be taking all in, seeing the patterns and big picture and then doing the analysis on these patterns that occur and on big picture, this "Te" Ti Ne would be me doing the analysis before all the info for seeing the big picture has been taken in, this leads to single facts and therefore acting like(or looking like) Te to test. and it remained pretty much the same for the whole process because changing this sort of TiNe interaction wasnt relevant to it, but TiFe was.

    now if i would do the test again now and compare it to latest one, im pretty sure that Ti would be around the same or bit lower, Ne would most likely be around the same, Si would be around the same as in first test, Fe being at least 20 maybe 25, "Te" would be around same or lower, "Ni" would be about the same or bit lower, "Se" would most likely be pretty much the same and "Fi" would be lower. now if the Ti would be lower and Ne the same, it would suggest me being an ENTP, even tho the reality would be that im just not forcing my Ti so much.

    also it should be noted that you dont need any sort of complex situation for scores to change like this, the scores may vary depending on life situation. the scores also show how much you are kind of trying to force the functions for you to adapt to some long term situation(im not talking about years, but long enough that you start to feel that this is who you are).

    hopefully this helps you to understand better how to interpret those scores.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  2. #32
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    You could also bring in the concept of the path of least resistance. A thread is roaming around in this forum about that topic. If I understand it correctly it works with your tertiary function. It is the opposite of your tertiary function in terms of orientation of perceiving, or judging depending on what it may be. As for the ENTP/INTP divide you should either see in non-existance Fi for the ENTP, or Se for the INTP. Correct me if I am wrong please.

    Edit. Got the theory wrong. Changed it to make sense. Hahaha, I was wrong.

  3. #33
    Tier 1 Member LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    Have you read this thread yet? http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...p-vs-entp.html I thought this was one of the better ones on this heavily debated manner.

    Also these tests with the less obvious questions might help: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-feedback.html

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...five-test.html

  4. #34
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    #3: Do you smile:
    A. Fairly often!
    B. Once a year I break one out on a "special" occasion.

  5. #35
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    #3: Do you smile:
    A. Fairly often!
    B. Once a year I break one out on a "special" occasion.
    i dont think this has much to do with INTP vs ENTP. my ENTP friend doesent smile nearly as much i do, but its definitely not some some once a year thing to him either. i doubt this has much to do with type, but if you would compare NTs on smiling, i think it would be more of NTP vs NTJ thing
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    You are an energic introvert, not an extrovert. On your videos, it's clear that your primary process is internal, and your energy come from the interior to the exterior.
    Thanks for the input, and well I suppose, Just trying to figure out an answer to this very confusing problem

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    all tests should only be used as indicator, not something you determine your type based on, thats simply because they arent accurate enough. also the results may vary based on life situation(and past situations), even tho your type havent changed.

    another thing i have noticed with this test that those functions that MBTI calls shadow functions seem to be based on how you use two normal functions together(Ti + Fe = Fi etc). i also noticed some other patterns with this same test when i took it 3 times in about time of 1.5 years(about 6 months apart) and did some self reflecting on scores vs the situation.

    have you done this test earlier? would be interesting to see the scores.

    anyways here are some of my scores:

    Ti: 46, 49.7, 43.2 | Te: 39.5, 37, 39.3
    Ne: 43.8, 33.7, 40.2 | Ni: 10.1, 24.6, 29.9
    Si: 34.3, 27.9, 20,7 | Se: 18.5, 20, 19
    Fe: 6.9, 15.5, 9.3 | Fi: 41.3, 33.8, 39

    at the time i took all of these tests i kinda had some sort of Ti Fe complex. this Ti Fe complex is basically Ti ruling self when Fe should be used alone and this causing problems with some situation. Ti working in the field of Fe and it looking like Fi, hence the test showing high Fi. Ni seems to grow over time as im doing more self reflecting and mastering it. also you can see Si going down as Ni is raising, i suspect that this is Ne working in the field of Si and Si is lowering since im letting go of the comparison current situation with the past and questioning if the subjective perception is actually the truth. with the middle scores, you can see both Ti and Fe raising, but Fi and Ne going down, i suspect that this is because i sort of realized that im doing this whole thing wrong, but i wasnt taking new info in anymore, but just using rational decision making on processing the whole thing that caused it. at the last one as i did some more introspection and took in some more info in, i sorta started thinking i should stop giving a fuck about harmony and start concentrating more to myself, but also noticed that i should let go from Ti analysis a bit, hence the lowering of Ti and Fe and increase of Fi.
    this "Fi" wasnt real Fi since i was just sort of analyzing the unconscious Fe with Ti, simply because what came out of it didnt seem like it could be trusted enough from the point of view of my persona(or ego or the conscious self that has been always relied on handling stuff with Ti).
    this "Ni" is simply a misconception from the test, because some Ni questions are about self reflection, so as i got better at self reflection the score on Ni increased, also i think its about Ne working in the field of Si, in other words Ne looking for things to support my subjective perceptions.
    i think this "Se" is simply a misconception from Si taking in things rich in detail and when doing this in combination of Ne and detailed Ti analysis in real time, it causes some test questions to see this sort of thing as Se. Si is not about just comparing subjective impression of current situation to past subjective impressions, it also works creating subjective impressions in real time, but not in real time like Se does, its more sort of perceiving things shortly after it has been processed and perceiving the processed stuff, instead of just taking the details in like Se.
    i think this "Te" is a combination of Ti + Ne, or more like how much im doing Ti analysis on Ne, kinda like interrupting Ne process by Ti analysis. like if normal Ti Ne would be taking all in, seeing the patterns and big picture and then doing the analysis on these patterns that occur and on big picture, this "Te" Ti Ne would be me doing the analysis before all the info for seeing the big picture has been taken in, this leads to single facts and therefore acting like(or looking like) Te to test. and it remained pretty much the same for the whole process because changing this sort of TiNe interaction wasnt relevant to it, but TiFe was.

    now if i would do the test again now and compare it to latest one, im pretty sure that Ti would be around the same or bit lower, Ne would most likely be around the same, Si would be around the same as in first test, Fe being at least 20 maybe 25, "Te" would be around same or lower, "Ni" would be about the same or bit lower, "Se" would most likely be pretty much the same and "Fi" would be lower. now if the Ti would be lower and Ne the same, it would suggest me being an ENTP, even tho the reality would be that im just not forcing my Ti so much.

    also it should be noted that you dont need any sort of complex situation for scores to change like this, the scores may vary depending on life situation. the scores also show how much you are kind of trying to force the functions for you to adapt to some long term situation(im not talking about years, but long enough that you start to feel that this is who you are).

    hopefully this helps you to understand better how to interpret those scores.
    I've taken the test before, numerous times actually but never saved the scores, but I think what you say makes sense

    Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    You could also bring in the concept of the path of least resistance. A thread is roaming around in this forum about that topic. If I understand it correctly it works with your tertiary function. It is the opposite of your tertiary function in terms of perceiving, or judging depending on what it may be. As for the ENTP/INTP divide you should either see in non-existance Te for the ENTP, or Ni for the INTP. Correct me if I am wrong please.
    PoLR being a socionics concept correct?, I had an ISTJ friend who preferred it to MBTI and I 'tried' but failed to get into it, Yeah I found the thread on it, if the theory is about tertiary-opposition, then I would be an INTP, I am absolutely, god awful at Extraverted Sensation, and having an ESTP father doesn't really help either.

    Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Have you read this thread yet? http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...p-vs-entp.html I thought this was one of the better ones on this heavily debated manner.

    Also these tests with the less obvious questions might help: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-feedback.html

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...five-test.html
    Thanks for the links, I will look into them right after replying to this, currently reading the thread on the PoLR theory, but once again thank you for the links.

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    #3: Do you smile:
    A. Fairly often!
    B. Once a year I break one out on a "special" occasion.
    Definitely A, I actually smile quite alot, but I would agree with INTP's criticism, sounds like an NTP v. NTJ thing, and idk, lol you make INTPs sound like unexpressive robots who can't be social :/ I wonder why?, but in regards to this question, Definitely A.

  7. #37
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    I am just teasing . Both of my ENTP and INTP friends grin quite a lot when I am with them.

    I am sure that the older you get the easier it will be to pin yourself down. You sound very ambivert with a slight higher preference for being INTP. My dad is kinda that way even though he is more INTP... he can be very ENTPish in a crowd. I find that ENP types are the least of the extraverts... certainly more extraverted than introverts... but not quite as needing lots of people to feel good as the ENJs are.

    I shall step out of the thread now with my Ne-isms....

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I am just teasing . Both of my ENTP and INTP friends grin quite a lot when I am with them.

    I am sure that the older you get the easier it will be to pin yourself down. You sound very ambivert with a slight higher preference for being INTP. My dad is kinda that way even though he is more INTP... he can be very ENTPish in a crowd. I find that ENP types are the least of the extraverts... certainly more extraverted than introverts... but not quite as needing lots of people to feel good as the ENJs are.

    I shall step out of the thread now with my Ne-isms....
    This is perhaps the most likely scenario, thanks for the input

  9. #39
    As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    Hm... Redbone, are you fixing the problem out of a need for harmony, or to regain some sort of consistency? I think that's the motivation difference between Si and Fe. And the amount of stress that the situation puts on you is also going to show if your inferior was coming out to play because it may still be social harmony that drives you even if Si comes before it. Tricky stuff.
    Good question.

    I usually think of it as restoring balance. There's just this 'drive' to fix it. I want to get back to smooth sailing. I also do it because I believe that the problem is a result of misunderstanding, carelessness, or some sort of mistake. I'm eager to address the issue, clear up the misunderstanding, apologize, understand, and so forth.

  10. #40
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Good question.

    I usually think of it as restoring balance. There's just this 'drive' to fix it. I want to get back to smooth sailing. I also do it because I believe that the problem is a result of misunderstanding, carelessness, or some sort of mistake. I'm eager to address the issue, clear up the misunderstanding, apologize, understand, and so forth.
    but INTPs would do it differently from ENTPs. addressing the issue(comparing past to present), clear up misunderstandings(replacing the subjective bad perception with an realistic one) etc sound more like Si, even tho there is an Fe motivation. funny thing i have noticed with this is that all of this makes sense from Ti point of view, right? but apparently from Ne dom point of view its better just to drop this sort of things(noticed this with ENFP and ENTP), and not clear up the misunderstanding more than very briefly if absolutely necessary and better not to take it in discussion(addressing the issue) more than saying that you are sorry, then live in imaginary land where everything is fine and nothing ever happened. i think because its hard for them to deal with their inferior Si and INTP is doing this with Si.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 62
    Last Post: 08-24-2014, 12:22 AM
  2. The low percentage of INTPs in Western Fantasy and Science Fiction
    By nightwatcher in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-11-2012, 07:03 PM
  3. How does the level of scientific knowledge of the public hurt or benefit society?
    By Octarine in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-15-2011, 06:55 AM
  4. Morler's Levels of Emotional Maturity
    By machintruc in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 07:14 PM
  5. [MBTItm] Life After (Or In Lieu Of) MBTI (Sensing Types Move On After Determing Type)...
    By "?" in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 08:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO