• INTP

5 100.00%
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by The_World_As_Will View Post
    Damn and I thought we were on to something here , but perhaps it maybe odd for the emergence of Fe, I added more about this below.

no no, the links are perfectly fine, I really don't mind them, I read the first one so-far, and I really relate to this

"For ENTPs this comes out in a conviction that no one understands them or cares about them; they may become emotional and vulnerable in this state. ENFPs may demonstrate perverse logic and accuse others of not being rational, insisting that logic is the only acceptable criterion for making a decision.

In this condition, one ENTP describes feeling isolated, convinced that no one loves her or ever has. Another reports feeling hollow, turned off, �fixated on a narrow linear trap.� Another ENTP is plagued by an uncharacteristic emotionalism. �When things don�t go well, I resort to emotion to get my point across,"

I really relate to what is in-bold, and well I don't think that kind of emotionality is prominent in INTPs, and i don't think i'm THAT healthy of an INTP (if in fact i am one) to balance Ti and Fe so well, It would be odd, especially since Fe is so unconscious and well 'inferior', frankly i'm not that unique or some super-developed person.
    i can relate to the bolded ones too(but not the ones that you quoted, but didnt bold), and i get energized being around people i know, if i have spent several days home alone. yet im an INTP. dont try to look at detail things that you decide relating to or not(this is the sort of things that INTPs tend to do more than ENTPs, more focus on internalized details, more judging and less perceiving the big picture from the outer world before making the decision via judging), look at the whole text.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Questionnaire for ENTP vs INTP:

1- Do you get bored easily?
    A. Yes!
    B. No!

A= ENTP
    B= INTP

To be fair, there have been a couple of ENTPs who claim to not be bored easily, through being able to find entertainment easily.

(Though the answer for me is AAAAAAAAAAA all the way)

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    2- When you get bored do you:
    A- Seek out other people for excitement, stir the pot between friends, start forum drama?
    B- Hit up wikipedia for a tangent session of article reading about 20 topics you have never considered, thought of, or heard of before?
    This is assuming that exciting people and friends are easily accessable, which they sometimes aren't. Forum drama is tricky because if I go too far I could risk being banned and lose a huge source of entertainment. Wikipedia tangent sessions can be an awesome temporary substitute but they only go so far in themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post

To be fair, there have been a couple of ENTPs who claim to not be bored easily, through being able to find entertainment easily.

(Though the answer for me is AAAAAAAAAAA all the way)

This is assuming that exciting people and friends are easily accessable, which they sometimes aren't. Forum drama is tricky because if I go too far I could risk being banned and lose a huge source of entertainment. Wikipedia tangent sessions can be an awesome temporary substitute but they only go so far in themselves...

I think Saturned's post maybe a bit biased towards enneagram type 7, Sure an type 7 ENTP is going to relate to that, but I could answer yes to are you bored easily as well but it depends, If I'm bored I usually browse the forum, other forums on the net or read a bunch of wikipedia articles, I think it would manifest differently especially if one was an ENTP 5, though it seems oxymoronic. as for the forum trolling drama thing, I think Fe would get in the way, and really ask 'what's the point?, you'll just cause conflict, why not try to engage more in a way that's kind of random, but engaging and nice, you'll meet more people', that's what usually happens, and it makes me err hyper, like 'yay!! people!! lets talk about everything'... it's odd but still confused as ever.

I think the individuation thing makes sense but I am always skeptical of that, as heh I'm far too young for that, if I remember correctly, didn't Jung say individuation didn't really happen until later in life, will definitely read more about it, but given this, it makes just being an isolated or slightly expressed 'E' extrovert more likely. certainly more likely than being this really healthy individual who reconciled the 'self' with the shadow and stopped trying to put on a persona (speaking in a Jungian sense of course). but eh still searchin'

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Yes, could very well be biased towards type 7s. And ENTPs do tend towards 7 but not always... ENTP 5 is kind of a rare combo but is possible.

You have a good point about Fe counteracting the desire to make waves with the desire for harmonious engagements. I made that exact point before, but still haven't quite figured things out there... so let's just toss that to the side for now, lol.

It does makes things more confusing if you are young (I'm guessing 18-22ish?). You might try waiting a bit and just see what things develop into naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Yes, could very well be biased towards type 7s. And ENTPs do tend towards 7 but not always... ENTP 5 is kind of a rare combo but is possible.

You have a good point about Fe counteracting the desire to make waves with the desire for harmonious engagements. I made that exact point before, but still haven't quite figured things out there... so let's just toss that to the side for now, lol.

It does makes things more confusing if you are young (I'm guessing 18-22ish?). You might try waiting a bit and just see what things develop into naturally.
    Will be 20 in a few months, but yeah I think you are correct, it's best to wait and see how things develop. gah to hell with confusion though!

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The_World_As_Will View Post
    Thanks for the links, I can relate significantly to what is in bold, Specifically, Fe's desire for social harmony in the group, I think it comes before Si, yes things change, and I can't avoid that, for example, if I were in a conflict with someone, I would retreat, because I would 'think' or feel, that there is a lack of harmony and that the situation is fucked, until it has been 'proven' to my Fe that 'hey everything is okay, it is safe to return and things can go back to normal'. gah,
    This caught my attention.

When faced with a immediate conflict and disharmony, I want to fix that situation immediately. I want to jump in, dissect the issue, and fix it so that the 'negative' emotions can be extinguished. I immediately start asking questions: "What makes you think that? Why exactly are you angry? Is this related to what we were talking about last week?" and so on.

I even experience anxiety over it and have angered people by my insistence of 'fixing' conflict because I want it done NOW. I'll even get angry when a person refuses to be engaged (it has to be a big issue...not small stuff).

I only respond like that when confronted with a problem or issue. If it comes from the inside my own head, I'm likely to retreat and not care too much that it is disturbing or upsetting someone.

Here's the link:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...her-entps.html

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    This caught my attention.

When faced with a immediate conflict and disharmony, I want to fix that situation immediately. I want to jump in, dissect the issue, and fix it so that the 'negative' emotions can be extinguished. I immediately start asking questions: "What makes you think that? Why exactly are you angry? Is this related to what we were talking about last week?" and so on.

I even experience anxiety over it and have angered people by my insistence of 'fixing' conflict because I want it done NOW. I'll even get angry when a person refuses to be engaged (it has to be a big issue...not small stuff).

I only respond like that when confronted with a problem or issue. If it comes from the inside my own head, I'm likely to retreat and not care too much that it is disturbing or upsetting someone.

Here's the link:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...her-entps.html
    I relate to this Completely!, I guess for me it's like te world can't go on until the issue has been resolved, it's really interesting. Have you come to a conclusion regarding your type? From the first few posts in that thread seem to indicate ENTP but idk?.

ReflecTcelfeR

Hm... Redbone, are you fixing the problem out of a need for harmony, or to regain some sort of consistency? I think that's the motivation difference between Si and Fe. And the amount of stress that the situation puts on you is also going to show if your inferior was coming out to play because it may still be social harmony that drives you even if Si comes before it. Tricky stuff.

Hmm, Decided to take a cognitive processes test, here are the results, so hmm ENTP? thoughts???

Cognitive Process
    extraverted Sensing (Se) **************** (16.2)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ********************* (21.9)
    limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************************ (48.7)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************** (32.2)
    good use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************** (14.7)
    unused
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************************* (43.8)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************* (31.4)
    good use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************* (31.1)
    good use

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

You are an energic introvert, not an extrovert. On your videos, it's clear that your primary process is internal, and your energy come from the interior to the exterior.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan