• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Extraversion or low levels of Introversion?

ENTP or INTP?

• ENTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INTP

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
:( Damn and I thought we were on to something here :D, but perhaps it maybe odd for the emergence of Fe, I added more about this below.

no no, the links are perfectly fine, I really don't mind them, I read the first one so-far, and I really relate to this

"For ENTPs this comes out in a conviction that no one understands them or cares about them; they may become emotional and vulnerable in this state. ENFPs may demonstrate perverse logic and accuse others of not being rational, insisting that logic is the only acceptable criterion for making a decision.

In this condition, one ENTP describes feeling isolated, convinced that no one loves her or ever has. Another reports feeling hollow, turned off, �fixated on a narrow linear trap.� Another ENTP is plagued by an uncharacteristic emotionalism. �When things don�t go well, I resort to emotion to get my point across,"

I really relate to what is in-bold, and well I don't think that kind of emotionality is prominent in INTPs, and i don't think i'm THAT healthy of an INTP (if in fact i am one) to balance Ti and Fe so well, It would be odd, especially since Fe is so unconscious and well 'inferior', frankly i'm not that unique or some super-developed person.

i can relate to the bolded ones too(but not the ones that you quoted, but didnt bold), and i get energized being around people i know, if i have spent several days home alone. yet im an INTP. dont try to look at detail things that you decide relating to or not(this is the sort of things that INTPs tend to do more than ENTPs, more focus on internalized details, more judging and less perceiving the big picture from the outer world before making the decision via judging), look at the whole text.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Questionnaire for ENTP vs INTP:

1- Do you get bored easily?
A. Yes!
B. No!

A= ENTP
B= INTP

:laugh:

To be fair, there have been a couple of ENTPs who claim to not be bored easily, through being able to find entertainment easily.

(Though the answer for me is AAAAAAAAAAA all the way)

2- When you get bored do you:
A- Seek out other people for excitement, stir the pot between friends, start forum drama?
B- Hit up wikipedia for a tangent session of article reading about 20 topics you have never considered, thought of, or heard of before?

This is assuming that exciting people and friends are easily accessable, which they sometimes aren't. Forum drama is tricky because if I go too far I could risk being banned and lose a huge source of entertainment. Wikipedia tangent sessions can be an awesome temporary substitute but they only go so far in themselves...

The_World_As_Will

:laugh:

To be fair, there have been a couple of ENTPs who claim to not be bored easily, through being able to find entertainment easily.

(Though the answer for me is AAAAAAAAAAA all the way)

This is assuming that exciting people and friends are easily accessable, which they sometimes aren't. Forum drama is tricky because if I go too far I could risk being banned and lose a huge source of entertainment. Wikipedia tangent sessions can be an awesome temporary substitute but they only go so far in themselves...

I think Saturned's post maybe a bit biased towards enneagram type 7, Sure an type 7 ENTP is going to relate to that, but I could answer yes to are you bored easily as well but it depends, If I'm bored I usually browse the forum, other forums on the net or read a bunch of wikipedia articles, I think it would manifest differently especially if one was an ENTP 5, though it seems oxymoronic. as for the forum trolling drama thing, I think Fe would get in the way, and really ask 'what's the point?, you'll just cause conflict, why not try to engage more in a way that's kind of random, but engaging and nice, you'll meet more people', that's what usually happens, and it makes me err hyper, like 'yay!! people!! lets talk about everything'... it's odd but still confused as ever.

I think the individuation thing makes sense but I am always skeptical of that, as heh I'm far too young for that, if I remember correctly, didn't Jung say individuation didn't really happen until later in life, will definitely read more about it, but given this, it makes just being an isolated or slightly expressed 'E' extrovert more likely. certainly more likely than being this really healthy individual who reconciled the 'self' with the shadow and stopped trying to put on a persona (speaking in a Jungian sense of course). but eh still searchin'

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, could very well be biased towards type 7s. And ENTPs do tend towards 7 but not always... ENTP 5 is kind of a rare combo but is possible.

You have a good point about Fe counteracting the desire to make waves with the desire for harmonious engagements. I made that exact point before, but still haven't quite figured things out there... so let's just toss that to the side for now, lol.

It does makes things more confusing if you are young (I'm guessing 18-22ish?). You might try waiting a bit and just see what things develop into naturally.

The_World_As_Will

Yes, could very well be biased towards type 7s. And ENTPs do tend towards 7 but not always... ENTP 5 is kind of a rare combo but is possible.

You have a good point about Fe counteracting the desire to make waves with the desire for harmonious engagements. I made that exact point before, but still haven't quite figured things out there... so let's just toss that to the side for now, lol.

It does makes things more confusing if you are young (I'm guessing 18-22ish?). You might try waiting a bit and just see what things develop into naturally.

Will be 20 in a few months, but yeah I think you are correct, it's best to wait and see how things develop. gah to hell with confusion though!

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks for the links, I can relate significantly to what is in bold, Specifically, Fe's desire for social harmony in the group, I think it comes before Si, yes things change, and I can't avoid that, for example, if I were in a conflict with someone, I would retreat, because I would 'think' or feel, that there is a lack of harmony and that the situation is fucked, until it has been 'proven' to my Fe that 'hey everything is okay, it is safe to return and things can go back to normal'. gah,

This caught my attention.

When faced with a immediate conflict and disharmony, I want to fix that situation immediately. I want to jump in, dissect the issue, and fix it so that the 'negative' emotions can be extinguished. I immediately start asking questions: "What makes you think that? Why exactly are you angry? Is this related to what we were talking about last week?" and so on.

I even experience anxiety over it and have angered people by my insistence of 'fixing' conflict because I want it done NOW. I'll even get angry when a person refuses to be engaged (it has to be a big issue...not small stuff).

I only respond like that when confronted with a problem or issue. If it comes from the inside my own head, I'm likely to retreat and not care too much that it is disturbing or upsetting someone.

Here's the link:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-type/37323-entp-instead-intp-come-hither-entps.html

The_World_As_Will

This caught my attention.

When faced with a immediate conflict and disharmony, I want to fix that situation immediately. I want to jump in, dissect the issue, and fix it so that the 'negative' emotions can be extinguished. I immediately start asking questions: "What makes you think that? Why exactly are you angry? Is this related to what we were talking about last week?" and so on.

I even experience anxiety over it and have angered people by my insistence of 'fixing' conflict because I want it done NOW. I'll even get angry when a person refuses to be engaged (it has to be a big issue...not small stuff).

I only respond like that when confronted with a problem or issue. If it comes from the inside my own head, I'm likely to retreat and not care too much that it is disturbing or upsetting someone.

Here's the link:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-type/37323-entp-instead-intp-come-hither-entps.html

I relate to this Completely!, I guess for me it's like te world can't go on until the issue has been resolved, it's really interesting. Have you come to a conclusion regarding your type? From the first few posts in that thread seem to indicate ENTP but idk?.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Hm... Redbone, are you fixing the problem out of a need for harmony, or to regain some sort of consistency? I think that's the motivation difference between Si and Fe. And the amount of stress that the situation puts on you is also going to show if your inferior was coming out to play because it may still be social harmony that drives you even if Si comes before it. Tricky stuff.

The_World_As_Will

Hmm, Decided to take a cognitive processes test, here are the results, so hmm ENTP? thoughts???

Cognitive Process
extraverted Sensing (Se) **************** (16.2)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************* (21.9)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************************ (48.7)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************** (32.2)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************** (14.7)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************************* (43.8)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************* (31.4)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************* (31.1)
good use

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You are an energic introvert, not an extrovert. On your videos, it's clear that your primary process is internal, and your energy come from the interior to the exterior.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
all tests should only be used as indicator, not something you determine your type based on, thats simply because they arent accurate enough. also the results may vary based on life situation(and past situations), even tho your type havent changed.

another thing i have noticed with this test that those functions that MBTI calls shadow functions seem to be based on how you use two normal functions together(Ti + Fe = Fi etc). i also noticed some other patterns with this same test when i took it 3 times in about time of 1.5 years(about 6 months apart) and did some self reflecting on scores vs the situation.

have you done this test earlier? would be interesting to see the scores.

anyways here are some of my scores:

Ti: 46, 49.7, 43.2 | Te: 39.5, 37, 39.3
Ne: 43.8, 33.7, 40.2 | Ni: 10.1, 24.6, 29.9
Si: 34.3, 27.9, 20,7 | Se: 18.5, 20, 19
Fe: 6.9, 15.5, 9.3 | Fi: 41.3, 33.8, 39

at the time i took all of these tests i kinda had some sort of Ti Fe complex. this Ti Fe complex is basically Ti ruling self when Fe should be used alone and this causing problems with some situation. Ti working in the field of Fe and it looking like Fi, hence the test showing high Fi. Ni seems to grow over time as im doing more self reflecting and mastering it. also you can see Si going down as Ni is raising, i suspect that this is Ne working in the field of Si and Si is lowering since im letting go of the comparison current situation with the past and questioning if the subjective perception is actually the truth. with the middle scores, you can see both Ti and Fe raising, but Fi and Ne going down, i suspect that this is because i sort of realized that im doing this whole thing wrong, but i wasnt taking new info in anymore, but just using rational decision making on processing the whole thing that caused it. at the last one as i did some more introspection and took in some more info in, i sorta started thinking i should stop giving a fuck about harmony and start concentrating more to myself, but also noticed that i should let go from Ti analysis a bit, hence the lowering of Ti and Fe and increase of Fi.
this "Fi" wasnt real Fi since i was just sort of analyzing the unconscious Fe with Ti, simply because what came out of it didnt seem like it could be trusted enough from the point of view of my persona(or ego or the conscious self that has been always relied on handling stuff with Ti).
this "Ni" is simply a misconception from the test, because some Ni questions are about self reflection, so as i got better at self reflection the score on Ni increased, also i think its about Ne working in the field of Si, in other words Ne looking for things to support my subjective perceptions.
i think this "Se" is simply a misconception from Si taking in things rich in detail and when doing this in combination of Ne and detailed Ti analysis in real time, it causes some test questions to see this sort of thing as Se. Si is not about just comparing subjective impression of current situation to past subjective impressions, it also works creating subjective impressions in real time, but not in real time like Se does, its more sort of perceiving things shortly after it has been processed and perceiving the processed stuff, instead of just taking the details in like Se.
i think this "Te" is a combination of Ti + Ne, or more like how much im doing Ti analysis on Ne, kinda like interrupting Ne process by Ti analysis. like if normal Ti Ne would be taking all in, seeing the patterns and big picture and then doing the analysis on these patterns that occur and on big picture, this "Te" Ti Ne would be me doing the analysis before all the info for seeing the big picture has been taken in, this leads to single facts and therefore acting like(or looking like) Te to test. and it remained pretty much the same for the whole process because changing this sort of TiNe interaction wasnt relevant to it, but TiFe was.

now if i would do the test again now and compare it to latest one, im pretty sure that Ti would be around the same or bit lower, Ne would most likely be around the same, Si would be around the same as in first test, Fe being at least 20 maybe 25, "Te" would be around same or lower, "Ni" would be about the same or bit lower, "Se" would most likely be pretty much the same and "Fi" would be lower. now if the Ti would be lower and Ne the same, it would suggest me being an ENTP, even tho the reality would be that im just not forcing my Ti so much.

also it should be noted that you dont need any sort of complex situation for scores to change like this, the scores may vary depending on life situation. the scores also show how much you are kind of trying to force the functions for you to adapt to some long term situation(im not talking about years, but long enough that you start to feel that this is who you are).

hopefully this helps you to understand better how to interpret those scores.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

You could also bring in the concept of the path of least resistance. A thread is roaming around in this forum about that topic. If I understand it correctly it works with your tertiary function. It is the opposite of your tertiary function in terms of orientation of perceiving, or judging depending on what it may be. As for the ENTP/INTP divide you should either see in non-existance Fi for the ENTP, or Se for the INTP. Correct me if I am wrong please.

Edit. Got the theory wrong. Changed it to make sense. Hahaha, I was wrong.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A

Anew Leaf

#3: Do you smile:
A. Fairly often!
B. Once a year I break one out on a "special" occasion.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
A. Fairly often!

i dont think this has much to do with INTP vs ENTP. my ENTP friend doesent smile nearly as much i do, but its definitely not some some once a year thing to him either. i doubt this has much to do with type, but if you would compare NTs on smiling, i think it would be more of NTP vs NTJ thing

The_World_As_Will

You are an energic introvert, not an extrovert. On your videos, it's clear that your primary process is internal, and your energy come from the interior to the exterior.

Thanks for the input, and well I suppose, Just trying to figure out an answer to this very confusing problem

all tests should only be used as indicator, not something you determine your type based on, thats simply because they arent accurate enough. also the results may vary based on life situation(and past situations), even tho your type havent changed.

another thing i have noticed with this test that those functions that MBTI calls shadow functions seem to be based on how you use two normal functions together(Ti + Fe = Fi etc). i also noticed some other patterns with this same test when i took it 3 times in about time of 1.5 years(about 6 months apart) and did some self reflecting on scores vs the situation.

have you done this test earlier? would be interesting to see the scores.

anyways here are some of my scores:

Ti: 46, 49.7, 43.2 | Te: 39.5, 37, 39.3
Ne: 43.8, 33.7, 40.2 | Ni: 10.1, 24.6, 29.9
Si: 34.3, 27.9, 20,7 | Se: 18.5, 20, 19
Fe: 6.9, 15.5, 9.3 | Fi: 41.3, 33.8, 39

at the time i took all of these tests i kinda had some sort of Ti Fe complex. this Ti Fe complex is basically Ti ruling self when Fe should be used alone and this causing problems with some situation. Ti working in the field of Fe and it looking like Fi, hence the test showing high Fi. Ni seems to grow over time as im doing more self reflecting and mastering it. also you can see Si going down as Ni is raising, i suspect that this is Ne working in the field of Si and Si is lowering since im letting go of the comparison current situation with the past and questioning if the subjective perception is actually the truth. with the middle scores, you can see both Ti and Fe raising, but Fi and Ne going down, i suspect that this is because i sort of realized that im doing this whole thing wrong, but i wasnt taking new info in anymore, but just using rational decision making on processing the whole thing that caused it. at the last one as i did some more introspection and took in some more info in, i sorta started thinking i should stop giving a fuck about harmony and start concentrating more to myself, but also noticed that i should let go from Ti analysis a bit, hence the lowering of Ti and Fe and increase of Fi.
this "Fi" wasnt real Fi since i was just sort of analyzing the unconscious Fe with Ti, simply because what came out of it didnt seem like it could be trusted enough from the point of view of my persona(or ego or the conscious self that has been always relied on handling stuff with Ti).
this "Ni" is simply a misconception from the test, because some Ni questions are about self reflection, so as i got better at self reflection the score on Ni increased, also i think its about Ne working in the field of Si, in other words Ne looking for things to support my subjective perceptions.
i think this "Se" is simply a misconception from Si taking in things rich in detail and when doing this in combination of Ne and detailed Ti analysis in real time, it causes some test questions to see this sort of thing as Se. Si is not about just comparing subjective impression of current situation to past subjective impressions, it also works creating subjective impressions in real time, but not in real time like Se does, its more sort of perceiving things shortly after it has been processed and perceiving the processed stuff, instead of just taking the details in like Se.
i think this "Te" is a combination of Ti + Ne, or more like how much im doing Ti analysis on Ne, kinda like interrupting Ne process by Ti analysis. like if normal Ti Ne would be taking all in, seeing the patterns and big picture and then doing the analysis on these patterns that occur and on big picture, this "Te" Ti Ne would be me doing the analysis before all the info for seeing the big picture has been taken in, this leads to single facts and therefore acting like(or looking like) Te to test. and it remained pretty much the same for the whole process because changing this sort of TiNe interaction wasnt relevant to it, but TiFe was.

now if i would do the test again now and compare it to latest one, im pretty sure that Ti would be around the same or bit lower, Ne would most likely be around the same, Si would be around the same as in first test, Fe being at least 20 maybe 25, "Te" would be around same or lower, "Ni" would be about the same or bit lower, "Se" would most likely be pretty much the same and "Fi" would be lower. now if the Ti would be lower and Ne the same, it would suggest me being an ENTP, even tho the reality would be that im just not forcing my Ti so much.

also it should be noted that you dont need any sort of complex situation for scores to change like this, the scores may vary depending on life situation. the scores also show how much you are kind of trying to force the functions for you to adapt to some long term situation(im not talking about years, but long enough that you start to feel that this is who you are).

hopefully this helps you to understand better how to interpret those scores.

I've taken the test before, numerous times actually but never saved the scores, but I think what you say makes sense

You could also bring in the concept of the path of least resistance. A thread is roaming around in this forum about that topic. If I understand it correctly it works with your tertiary function. It is the opposite of your tertiary function in terms of perceiving, or judging depending on what it may be. As for the ENTP/INTP divide you should either see in non-existance Te for the ENTP, or Ni for the INTP. Correct me if I am wrong please.

PoLR being a socionics concept correct?, I had an ISTJ friend who preferred it to MBTI and I 'tried' but failed to get into it, Yeah I found the thread on it, if the theory is about tertiary-opposition, then I would be an INTP, I am absolutely, god awful at Extraverted Sensation, and having an ESTP father doesn't really help either.

Thanks for the links, I will look into them right after replying to this, currently reading the thread on the PoLR theory, but once again thank you for the links.

A. Fairly often!

Definitely A, I actually smile quite alot, but I would agree with INTP's criticism, sounds like an NTP v. NTJ thing, and idk, lol you make INTPs sound like unexpressive robots who can't be social :/ I wonder why?, but in regards to this question, Definitely A.

A

Anew Leaf

I am just teasing ;). Both of my ENTP and INTP friends grin quite a lot when I am with them. :D

I am sure that the older you get the easier it will be to pin yourself down. You sound very ambivert with a slight higher preference for being INTP. My dad is kinda that way even though he is more INTP... he can be very ENTPish in a crowd. I find that ENP types are the least of the extraverts... certainly more extraverted than introverts... but not quite as needing lots of people to feel good as the ENJs are.

I shall step out of the thread now with my Ne-isms....

The_World_As_Will

I am just teasing ;). Both of my ENTP and INTP friends grin quite a lot when I am with them. :D

I am sure that the older you get the easier it will be to pin yourself down. You sound very ambivert with a slight higher preference for being INTP. My dad is kinda that way even though he is more INTP... he can be very ENTPish in a crowd. I find that ENP types are the least of the extraverts... certainly more extraverted than introverts... but not quite as needing lots of people to feel good as the ENJs are.

I shall step out of the thread now with my Ne-isms....

This is perhaps the most likely scenario, thanks for the input :)

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hm... Redbone, are you fixing the problem out of a need for harmony, or to regain some sort of consistency? I think that's the motivation difference between Si and Fe. And the amount of stress that the situation puts on you is also going to show if your inferior was coming out to play because it may still be social harmony that drives you even if Si comes before it. Tricky stuff.

Good question.

I usually think of it as restoring balance. There's just this 'drive' to fix it. I want to get back to smooth sailing. I also do it because I believe that the problem is a result of misunderstanding, carelessness, or some sort of mistake. I'm eager to address the issue, clear up the misunderstanding, apologize, understand, and so forth.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Good question.

I usually think of it as restoring balance. There's just this 'drive' to fix it. I want to get back to smooth sailing. I also do it because I believe that the problem is a result of misunderstanding, carelessness, or some sort of mistake. I'm eager to address the issue, clear up the misunderstanding, apologize, understand, and so forth.

but INTPs would do it differently from ENTPs. addressing the issue(comparing past to present), clear up misunderstandings(replacing the subjective bad perception with an realistic one) etc sound more like Si, even tho there is an Fe motivation. funny thing i have noticed with this is that all of this makes sense from Ti point of view, right? but apparently from Ne dom point of view its better just to drop this sort of things(noticed this with ENFP and ENTP), and not clear up the misunderstanding more than very briefly if absolutely necessary and better not to take it in discussion(addressing the issue) more than saying that you are sorry, then live in imaginary land where everything is fine and nothing ever happened. i think because its hard for them to deal with their inferior Si and INTP is doing this with Si.