Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENTP

0 0%
  • INTP

5 100.00%
First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    I really think that for those of us close to the dichotomy, and close in our dom/aux.. it is quite impossible to figure out the preference from outside observation. The impact of cognitive functions on social is only clear when the preference is strong. If not, only you will really know if your focus is more on inner thoughts, values, feelings vs events, material, and trends. I am totally struggling with the same issue, and each day I come across new info that leads me to believe the opposite of the day before. Ofcourse, having a big P-ness doesn't help =P

BTW, my gut feeling is INTP over ENTP, but I think another one of your preferences (T/F) might be very balanced as well. Or your a bit atypical from the patterns i observe with most INTP's.
    lol! you know why :P

and i would agree, T/F are somewhat close, but T is a definitely dominate, :o shit, maybe I'm just un-type-able, but yeah I don't really relate to many INTPs as well. I think i'm stuck on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    the difference is that the ENTP will reject the situation because of the lack of Fe harmony(as an example) and rejecting what ever to maintain this Fe harmony, but the INTP will reject it because it just is unpleasant in every way(or so does the INTP perceive, it might not necessarily be even true, but the past is haunting and the subjective perception of it is that the situation is unpleasant), since in the Si are the Ti, Ne and Fe from the past similar situations.
    an example how INTP could use Fe through Si in this situation. there is a group of people and something happened to the group dynamics that caused disharmony inside the group, inferior Fe of the INTP sees this and scares the shit out of the INTP. INTP goes home and fears that this situation is still the same(disharmony in the group) and is afraid to get back to the situation because he feel that the situation is still the same, when in reality other people of the group might have gotten over it and there is no disharmony in group anymore(other than what the INTP might cause with his behavior).

-> the rejection(or temptation for rejection) comes from the subjective perception of the situation(Si) as he is comparing it to the past(Si). and its irrational(doesent base on facts, but on perception).

ENTP on the other hand is more open to the fact that the situation might have changed(as his dom function is Pe), so he gets back on the situation, but tries to reject the things that caused this disharmony, so that he wont cause more disharmony for the group. and for ENTP to reject the group(or be tempted to) would need the fact that the group dynamics has changed and that he cant do anything to get the group harmony(Fe) back.

hope this helps even tho the tert example might be bit hard to put in another context

and you might like to read these:
    http://www.nyaap.org/jung-lexicon/p/#primaryFunction
    http://www.nyaap.org/jung-lexicon/a/ for aux
    http://www.nyaap.org/jung-lexicon/t/#tertium
    http://www.nyaap.org/jung-lexicon/i/#inferiorFunction

and for some further reading i suggest
    http://www.nyaap.org/jung-lexicon/i/ for individuation
    http://www.nyaap.org/jung-lexicon/o/#opposites
    http://www.nyaap.org/jung-lexicon/t/...endentFunction

Thanks for the links, I can relate significantly to what is in bold, Specifically, Fe's desire for social harmony in the group, I think it comes before Si, yes things change, and I can't avoid that, for example, if I were in a conflict with someone, I would retreat, because I would 'think' or feel, that there is a lack of harmony and that the situation is fucked, until it has been 'proven' to my Fe that 'hey everything is okay, it is safe to return and things can go back to normal'. gah, Wish I had more concrete examples, it is definitely difficult to figure out, and I'm familiar with the Jungian model, the original one, as well as the concept of individuation (I sort of taught myself the system originally from Jung's work and works by other Analysts, then went into the MBTI), but I should browse through the links again, though I am not exactly sure if they will really help.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by The_World_As_Will View Post
    I was thinking the same, the need to connect as an sx thing, but honestly for me it's quite split down t he middle, there is a need to connect, as in I want to *know* every aspect about a person, really penetrate to the heart of their being, and I feel connected to them and by proxy the world/humanity etc, but on the other hand, I get really energized when engaging with people, not just people but objects in general (mostly Ideas, knowledge in general), It makes me feel alive.
    I'm inclined to think E if that is true...

for the five description, I can relate to most of it, but I dont' think i'm much of a knowledge hoarder, I mean that is certainly there, but i'm much more a seeker of possibilities, examining knowledge and trying to find 'truth', I dont' think I really hoard it to protect from the world, though I use to, I don't really notice it in myself anymore, or i'm just 'healthy' but I really don't know.
    But then if this is the only part of the five description that seems kind of off, I'm inclined to think slightly I.

In regards to Fe, well I've personally seen it manifest in myself as a sort of communitarianism, first and foremost, whatever is occuring, whether it be an event etc, must be logical, sure we will have to go over the possibilities of the situation but that has to remain logical, but with that we cannot forget the human element of our analysis, that we are dealing with living, breathing people and they have plights and feelings and we have to respect (maybe even cater) to that. There is a real sense of 'collectively, we can do it' kind of thing, which sounds really hippie-like but :P I can admit to that. I've also been told by others, I appear really friendly, and i would find it odd for an INTP to come off that way, atleast immediately, as Fe is inferior.
    This looks like Ti and Fe working together pretty well. But as tertiary Fe emergence? I'm not sure.... seems a little too calm for that

Have you been linked to these yet? They are pretty long but you can peek at them and get a sense of how the inferior function(s) show up in ENxPs and IxTPs.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...rior-enps.html

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...rior-itps.html

I don't mean to drown you with links though. I know how challenging this is to figure out.*

*Not that I ever fully figured this out for myself or anything

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    I'm inclined to think E if that is true...

But then if this is the only part of the five description that seems kind of off, I'm inclined to think slightly I.

This looks like Ti and Fe working together pretty well. But as tertiary Fe emergence? I'm not sure.... seems a little too calm for that

Damn and I thought we were on to something here , but perhaps it maybe odd for the emergence of Fe, I added more about this below.

Have you been linked to these yet? They are pretty long but you can peek at them and get a sense of how the inferior function(s) show up in ENxPs and IxTPs.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...rior-enps.html

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...rior-itps.html

I don't mean to drown you with links though. I know how challenging this is to figure out.

no no, the links are perfectly fine, I really don't mind them, I read the first one so-far, and I really relate to this

"For ENTPs this comes out in a conviction that no one understands them or cares about them; they may become emotional and vulnerable in this state. ENFPs may demonstrate perverse logic and accuse others of not being rational, insisting that logic is the only acceptable criterion for making a decision.

In this condition, one ENTP describes feeling isolated, convinced that no one loves her or ever has. Another reports feeling hollow, turned off, �fixated on a narrow linear trap.� Another ENTP is plagued by an uncharacteristic emotionalism. �When things don�t go well, I resort to emotion to get my point across,"

I really relate to what is in-bold, and well I don't think that kind of emotionality is prominent in INTPs, and i don't think i'm THAT healthy of an INTP (if in fact i am one) to balance Ti and Fe so well, It would be odd, especially since Fe is so unconscious and well 'inferior', frankly i'm not that unique or some super-developed person.

Anew Leaf

Questionnaire for ENTP vs INTP:

1- Do you get bored easily?
    A. Yes!
    B. No!

A= ENTP
    B= INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Questionnaire for ENTP vs INTP:

1- Do you get bored easily?
    A. Yes!
    B. No!

A= ENTP
    B= INTP
    really in-between, I usually don't get bored easily, my mind usually takes the lead and I can laugh at random stuff or create scenarios in my hea.

Anew Leaf

really in-between, I usually don't get bored easily, my mind usually takes the lead and I can laugh at random stuff or create scenarios in my hea.
    Welcome to INTP-land. Here is your "care" package. Inside you will find your unique map of trails so you can go hiking without encountering anyone else walking their own personal trails. You will also find three packs of Wrigley gum, because let's face it, even INTPs need to have fresh breath. I hope you enjoy your tour of INTP land!

Continued questionnaire:

2- When you get bored do you:
    A- Seek out other people for excitement, stir the pot between friends, start forum drama?
    B- Hit up wikipedia for a tangent session of article reading about 20 topics you have never considered, thought of, or heard of before?

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Welcome to INTP-land. Here is your "care" package. Inside you will find your unique map of trails so you can go hiking without encountering anyone else walking their own personal trails. You will also find three packs of Wrigley gum, because let's face it, even INTPs need to have fresh breath. I hope you enjoy your tour of INTP land!

Continued questionnaire:

2- When you get bored do you:
    A- Seek out other people for excitement, stir the pot between friends, start forum drama?
    B- Hit up wikipedia for a tangent session of article reading about 20 topics you have never considered, thought of, or heard of before?
    Want A but do B, people aren't interested in me, thus I make no friends. I think these choose A or B things are too limiting, both can really apply, which defeats the purpose of having it.

Anew Leaf

My assessment is that you are an:

iNTP

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Thanks for the links, I can relate significantly to what is in bold, Specifically, Fe's desire for social harmony in the group, I think it comes before Si, yes things change, and I can't avoid that, for example, if I were in a conflict with someone, I would retreat, because I would 'think' or feel, that there is a lack of harmony and that the situation is fucked, until it has been 'proven' to my Fe that 'hey everything is okay, it is safe to return and things can go back to normal'. gah, Wish I had more concrete examples, it is definitely difficult to figure out, and I'm familiar with the Jungian model, the original one, as well as the concept of individuation (I sort of taught myself the system originally from Jung's work and works by other Analysts, then went into the MBTI), but I should browse through the links again, though I am not exactly sure if they will really help.
    but theres the tricky part. you would retreat until it has been proven. doesent this mean that you would retreat first, then come back if it was proven that its safe for you? if so, this is exactly what i meant with rejecting it by Si, until proven different its your subjective perception that the situation is the same as before and comparing it to past, because it has not been proven different. proving it different(harmony established again) is proving that its safe for Fe -> Fe is not what is holding you back from the situation, its what says that now its safe to go back, because the perceptions of Si(that has been holding you back) is proven false.

you do know that what comes from inferior function can be more conscious than what comes from tert? especially if there is something bothering you with inferior at the moment or you have been in the situation where the inferior has been bothering you, but you have overcome it by individuation. i kinda get the feeling that you have been through something like this, thats why i posted the link for the individuation.

The process of individuation, consciously pursued, leads to the realization of the self as a psychic reality greater than the ego. Thus individuation is essentially different from the process of simply becoming conscious.
    this sort of process for an INTP would bring out the Fe, and i kinda suspect that this might be the reason why you are baffled between ENTP and INTP.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    but theres the tricky part. you would retreat until it has been proven. doesent this mean that you would retreat first, then come back if it was proven that its safe for you? if so, this is exactly what i meant with rejecting it by Si, until proven different its your subjective perception that the situation is the same as before and comparing it to past, because it has not been proven different. proving it different(harmony established again) is proving that its safe for Fe -> Fe is not what is holding you back from the situation, its what says that now its safe to go back, because the perceptions of Si(that has been holding you back) is proven false.

you do know that what comes from inferior function can be more conscious than what comes from tert? especially if there is something bothering you with inferior at the moment or you have been in the situation where the inferior has been bothering you, but you have overcome it by individuation. i kinda get the feeling that you have been through something like this, thats why i posted the link for the individuation.

this sort of process for an INTP would bring out the Fe, and i kinda suspect that this might be the reason why you are baffled between ENTP and INTP.

Hmm, I think that might be the case, will read more into the individuation process, but I find it odd, that it would be the case, isn't the 'goal' of analytical psychology for the self to reach individuation, heh, I don't think i'm quite there yet, maybe in small bits? but idk, once again thanks for the reply I appreciate it immensely! As for the retreating thing, ah :| yeah it is very tricky, I think you are accurate though, but when initially reading it, a thought objected "but no i'm retreating because I felt I did something wrong, and that it will never change, as Tert > Infer. but maybe you are correct about Inferior being more conscious than Tertiary, the only thing i really can identifiy as distinctly Si, is nostalgia for old bits of music i've heard, and it'll bring back a memory (though usually VERY fragmented), or some type of Idealised time/place in history, but idk if that's tert Si or Inferior Si.