• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

bluebell is bored

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm getting cabin fever from being unwell, and I'm bored. So... what type am I?

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
INTP, although I've sometimes thought that you're INTJ or ISTP. :ninja:

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
When I first met you, I took your type for granted (INTP) but then I thought you were INTJ, even though you don't sound like a machine.

ygolo

My termites win
I kind-of thought you could be ISTP. Sometimes I mistake your posts for Grayscale's.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
When I first met you, I took your type for granted (INTP) but then I thought you were INTJ, even though you don't sound like a machine.

I'm not particularly playful, yes. Depends if that's type-related or to do with my particular history, though. I haven't worked that one out yet.

I'm a lot more relaxed and laidback than my INTJ friend IRL - but maybe that's because she's kinda an extreme INTJ.

I kind-of thought you could be ISTP. Sometimes I mistake your posts for Grayscale's.

Yeah, that's also a possibility. I have some N - but I'm in my mid-thirties, so I could well be an ISTP with a well-developed Ni (ie tertiary function).

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I don't see a lot of J in bluebell. I can see how her guardedness could come across as J.

ISTP is more of a possibility than INTJ, to me, but I'm still pretty convinced of the INTP.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
INTP - and a great listener.

I'm quite glad to see you 'round this side of the pond.

Can you convince HilbertSpace to (momentarily?) make an appearance?

His genius is truly uncommon.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't see a lot of J in bluebell. I can see how her guardedness could come across as J.

ISTP is more of a possibility than INTJ, to me, but I'm still pretty convinced of the INTP.

Are there any ISTPs you've met (online or IRL) around my age? That's probably a better comparison than teenage/early 20s ISTPs.

Same thing. :)

Heh. It's a bit more complicated than that. I could crap on for pages about that, but I won't. /guarded ;)

Yeah. Maybe a soft J. Maybe you're like Haight.

lol, I could be convinced that I'm a soft J (except I loathe making decisions - I want to keep options open as long as possible). But I dunno, Haight's posts don't feel particularly familiar to me.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
INTP - and a great listener.

I'm quite glad to see you 'round this side of the pond.

:blush: Thanks.

Can you convince HilbertSpace to (momentarily?) make an appearance?

His genius is truly uncommon.

Agreed on the last bit. I think he's going to be kinda busy for the next little while, but you could always try PMing him on INTPc. And can we convince you to cross the pond the other way? :yes:

Thanks. :)

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
INTP. You don't seem like a J at all to me, and your N seems too strong to simply be the well developed Ni of an ISTP.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I do know some older ISTPs actually. On the whole I'd say they're more hands-on than I think you are. They are all in careers they can put their hands on (geology, mechanics, nursing) whereas I see you more interested in ideas and concepts.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'll just go with NICE.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
INTP. You don't seem like a J at all to me, and your N seems too strong to simply be the well developed Ni of an ISTP.

Not J because I procrastinate endlessly? ;)

I do know some older ISTPs actually. On the whole I'd say they're more hands-on than I think you are. They are all in careers they can put their hands on (geology, mechanics, nursing) whereas I see you more interested in ideas and concepts.

That's kinda why I've been leaning towards INTP rather than ISTP. I go through temporary phases of hands-on stuff (eg I got obsessed with knitting scarves for about a year - but only scarves, because anything that required working from a pattern required too much concentration. Scarves worked cos it was mindless and I could think while I did it). I spend a lot of time observing, though to feed the models, which could be Se? I'm way unobservant in general, though.

I'll just go with NICE.

Aww.

NICE = necessary coffee imbiber, eh /lame