User Tag List

First 456

Results 51 to 58 of 58

  1. #51
    Senior Member bluebell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Apparently she just did it, too. It's not like I compulsivly check Mahjong scores, I just thought "bluebell = Mahjong" and lo and behold, now Tpol = Mahjong since only a few hours ago. This kind of thing is always happening to me.
    *grin*

    And something extra to entertain bluebell: YouTube - They Might Be Giants - Never Go To Work
    I would like to make this my own personal anthem now. Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    In my case it's just boredom and a need to infuse a little self doubt so I have something more to ponder. Complacency changes my mindset. Plus there's always a need for problems, that's why there's usually self doubt. I don't know that I necessarily like certainty either.
    Self-doubt is second nature, although I'm not too fussed about actual type. More, trying to get a better insight. (although, both times I've opened this thread it's been 90% out of boredom or need to be distracted)

    Anyways... from my brief observation and interaction of you bluebell you seem like someone whose thought patterns are not so foreign from my own. The way you defend, elaborate, and attack your messages is very introverted. The thinking and clarity is also indicative of T dom. Intuition is pretty clear as well, you seamlessly transition with other intuitors and don't engage in conversations in a contrary fashion. INTJ is not something I've ever considered for you.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

  2. #52
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    The one bit that I'm not clear on though, does appearing IXXP on the outside imply anything about what's going on inside? ie I'm not sure if you mean that I could appear INTPish because of the wanting to blend and hide in childhood and it's a habit that's stuck, but the core is something else? Or am I totally confused about this? (quite possible)
    Iím kind of reaching but yes I'd suggest the two would be linked. The only reason I suggest this is because you say you can relate to some INTJ traits and one possible reason in my mind as to why you thought you were and came across as INTP if youíre not, is because of childhood issues that are unresolved emotionally.

    Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    I don't know how much faith to put in those cognitive processes tests, though. I've seen results that don't gel at all with how the person comes across. I'm also not convinced I understand all of the questions or whether I should be comparing myself to others when answering.
    I put a lot more faith in understanding the cognitive processes and figuring it out for yourself than the tests.

    It's a bit tricky for me to get much insight about typing myself by looking at childhood. I had to do a lot of stuff just to survive (literally) and it's hard to disentangle the survival behaviour from the intrinsic behaviour, external behaviour in particular. I do remember getting told off if I couldn't explain why I knew something. I tried to say as little as possible anywhere. But, I have a notebook from age 12 which seems to be more Ne than Te. I think.
    A notebook from sproglett bb would be a great indicator as to your natural functions then

  3. #53
    Senior Member bluebell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Iím kind of reaching but yes I'd suggest the two would be linked. The only reason I suggest this is because you say you can relate to some INTJ traits and one possible reason in my mind as to why you thought you were and came across as INTP if youíre not, is because of childhood issues that are unresolved emotionally.
    Hadn't quite thought about it like that. I was thinking about it the other way round - that the J-ishness came from childhood pressures (I was *not* allowed to think about decisions, I had to choose quickly and immediately and if I chose wrong or took too long, I would miss out completely and/or get in trouble). I'll ponder your idea for a bit. If nothing else, it's another angle to view things from.

    A notebook from sproglett bb would be a great indicator as to your natural functions then
    Whaddya reckon:

    I wonder what fire actually is and is it made of. Is it a gas or liquid? Why does it only burn some things? Why is it hot? Why does water make it disappear?

    How can the universe have existed forever but if it didn't what was there before it? Why is there a sun? How did scientists work out that the universe goes on forever? ... It is very difficult to imagine the universe without anything visible in it because I always imagine it having a top and a bottom. Obeying all rules there is no such thing as top and bottom [of the universe].

    ...Why are there suns? What is gravity? Why do we have stronger gravity than the moon? ... What is energy? If you let out some air on the moon what would happen to it?
    Sproglett bb, age 12. The other writing at that age is trying to puzzle out the social dynamics at school. I saw the behaviour, wanted to mimic it but didn't understand what drove any of it.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

  4. #54
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Sproglett bb rocks!

    They're the kind of questions I pondered only I didn't write stuff down. Now we just need to know if an INTJ would have been inspired to get them answered or been satisfied with simply pondering.

    I'm gonna lock in INTP now

  5. #55
    Senior Member bluebell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Sproglett bb rocks!
    yay!

    They're the kind of questions I pondered only I didn't write stuff down. Now we just need to know if an INTJ would have been inspired to get them answered or been satisfied with simply pondering.
    Oh, I didn't want them answered. That woulda spoiled all the fun. The only reason I wanted to know more at that age was so I could ask more questions.

    I'm gonna lock in INTP now
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

  6. #56
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    I'm currently tucked away in the corner of an open plan office so I've had no official pressure to clean up yet, although plenty of ribbing from colleagues who have tidy desks. Last year, though, I got told by someone in our team that our new boss was very unhappy with the piles of paper under my desk being so visible to everyone who walked past. So, I caved and tidied that up.
    My desk at work is usually immaculate (+ Howard Hughes clean - can't tolerate other ppls' cooties.).
    Desk at home is an abomination. In fact, I can't even get into my office because there is stuff everywhere waiting to be organised.
    My inner J comes out at work - pressing for closure, impatience with ambiguity, highly scheduled, results-oriented etc.
    Project management mindset forces this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    Oh, I didn't want them answered. That woulda spoiled all the fun. The only reason I wanted to know more at that age was so I could ask more questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I'm gonna lock in INTP now
    fer sher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  7. #57
    Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    1,774

    Default

    INTP.

    Before I got to know you at all, I thought you were an S. Then I realized how very, very wrong that was.


    I... suppose. Yeah!

  8. #58
    Senior Member bluebell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    My inner J comes out at work - pressing for closure, impatience with ambiguity, highly scheduled, results-oriented etc.
    Project management mindset forces this.
    Yeah, similar (I also do a lot of project management). Actually, thinking back a year or so ago, I was more into postponing decisions until we had all the information, but recently I've shifted more into the pressing for closure mindset that you describe. Not sure where that shift came from. Maybe it was getting burnt a few too many times by delayed decisions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    INTP.

    Before I got to know you at all, I thought you were an S. Then I realized how very, very wrong that was.
    Funnily enough, I think I'd guessed that.



    Unless you'd told me once and I'd forgotten, which is quite possible.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] Why is INTJforum So Boring?
    By Usehername in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 443
    Last Post: 10-12-2015, 11:33 AM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-07-2015, 10:17 PM
  3. Aphrodite is Bored and Wants to Chat~
    By AphroditeGoneAwry in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-28-2012, 03:33 PM
  4. Going out is boring
    By Queen Kat in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 10-06-2010, 10:19 PM
  5. [NT] Somedays this world is boring
    By entropie in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-12-2008, 12:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO