User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    Self doubt is more my thing, rather than pigeon-hole-aversion.
    So you even avert the pigeon holing that INTPs don't like to be pigeon holed. You INTP rebel you

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Maybe just stage of life you're at?
    *shrug* I'm 36, it's plausible. (I'm assuming your comment was directed at the occasional J-ishness rather than the questioning)

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    So you even avert the pigeon holing that INTPs don't like to be pigeon holed. You INTP rebel you
    Ow. My head hurts now.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    INXP

*shrug* I'm 36, it's plausible. (I'm assuming your comment was directed at the occasional J-ishness rather than the questioning)

Ow. My head hurts now.
    It's a good age, I sympathise. Start to get all excited about using all those secondary and tertiary functions... eg OMG I can be organised and it doesnt actually HURT!

MBTI
    INTP

It's a good age, I sympathise. Start to get all excited about using all those secondary and tertiary functions... eg OMG I can be organised and it doesnt actually HURT!
    The J-ishness is coming out in being more decisive and slight irritation when decisions take forever to be made, or are revisited. I think, but I could be wrong, that I'm getting more confidence in my own judgement (in the workplace use of the word, not MBTI). Also more confidence in being able to deal with the consequences of making an imperfect decision. Not sure if I've only just noticed that or whether it's only recently developed.

I'm not very organised with actual physical things, though. I wrote this at the other place a couple of days ago:

How I am at work is probably a good example of how I operate. My desk is a wreck. Paper everywhere, piles overlapping piles, none of the desk is visible. The layers are getting a couple of inches thick in places (this is despite trying to tidy up a few times recently). There is a bit of method to the madness, though, and sometimes I can find what I'm looking for.

MBTI
    INXP

The J-ishness is coming out in being more decisive and slight irritation when decisions take forever to be made, or are revisited. I think, but I could be wrong, that I'm getting more confidence in my own judgement (in the workplace use of the word, not MBTI). Also more confidence in being able to deal with the consequences of making an imperfect decision. Not sure if I've only just noticed that or whether it's only recently developed.

I'm not very organised with actual physical things, though. I wrote this at the other place a couple of days ago:
    Right! I once had a work appraisal that said "If Geoff wants to be seen as a professional, he should have the desk of one"

MBTI
    INTP

Right! I once had a work appraisal that said "If Geoff wants to be seen as a professional, he should have the desk of one"
    I'm currently tucked away in the corner of an open plan office so I've had no official pressure to clean up yet, although plenty of ribbing from colleagues who have tidy desks. Last year, though, I got told by someone in our team that our new boss was very unhappy with the piles of paper under my desk being so visible to everyone who walked past. So, I caved and tidied that up.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Why is bluebell bored? You still have Tpol to beat in Mahjong.

Kidding aside, I still think that you're an INTP. Hell, I've never really doubted it, or seen any other type in you, tbh.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Why is bluebell bored? You still have Tpol to beat in Mahjong.
    What?

*checks arcade* Oh well, I got a hug out of it anyway. 'sall good.

Kidding aside, I still think that you're an INTP. Hell, I've never really doubted it, or seen any other type in you, tbh.
    Thanks for the feedback. Btw, did you read the differences between INTJs and INTPs thread on here? That got thinking me a bit.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

What?

*checks arcade* Oh well, I got a hug out of it anyway. 'sall good.
    Apparently she just did it, too. It's not like I compulsivly check Mahjong scores, I just thought "bluebell = Mahjong" and lo and behold, now Tpol = Mahjong since only a few hours ago. This kind of thing is always happening to me.

Thanks for the feedback. Btw, did you read the differences between INTJs and INTPs thread on here? That got thinking me a bit.
    I didn't, I'm afraid I've kind of lost my motivation to get into the more detailed discussions of MBTI. I think the generalized archetypes are really the most useful thing about it. You just seem a lot more holistic than how I understand INTJs to be (I always think of their thinking going along specific pathways, like computer circuits, finding and revealing what they need to know quickly and efficiently, whereas an INTP is like water flooding over a desert, spreading out and absorbing everything, and then just sitting on it).

And something extra to entertain bluebell: YouTube - They Might Be Giants - Never Go To Work

MBTI
    INTP

In my case it's just boredom and a need to infuse a little self doubt so I have something more to ponder. Complacency changes my mindset. Plus there's always a need for problems, that's why there's usually self doubt. I don't know that I necessarily like certainty either.

Anyways... from my brief observation and interaction of you bluebell you seem like someone whose thought patterns are not so foreign from my own. The way you defend, elaborate, and attack your messages is very introverted. The thinking and clarity is also indicative of T dom. Intuition is pretty clear as well, you seamlessly transition with other intuitors and don't engage in conversations in a contrary fashion. INTJ is not something I've ever considered for you.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.