User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    Hmm, I'm a little confused by this. Do you mean appearance or what's going on internally?
    Internally shutting down, externally appearing more laid back, a coping mechanism. The appearance of IanythingP would mean you'd be more willing to let things be and just blend into the background I'd suggest.

This made me smile, given these two earlier responses:

Not sure if that means I'm a bit more open now than back then (I started this thread before you joined TypoC and INTPc, IIRC) or whether you're seeing something different to Edahn and Ivy. (they're both somewhat familiar with my posts etc on INTPc)
    Yeah, I did see them, kinda smiled myself, could be either scenario. You still have some guardedness but you reveal a lot more than I've witnessed your average INTJ give up and you have more softness about you, that isnít a concrete reason to say youíre not one, I just struggle to see it, I struggle even more to see SP btw.

Great so let me summarise, we have you, questioning your type, being told by me, who canít type herself, what you may be with references to two other people, who canít seem to settle on and stay one type, suggesting something different. Weíre screwed

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Internally shutting down, externally appearing more laid back, a coping mechanism. The appearance of IanythingP would mean you'd be more willing to let things be and just blend into the background I'd suggest.
    Yeah, that sounds plausible. The one bit that I'm not clear on though, does appearing IXXP on the outside imply anything about what's going on inside? ie I'm not sure if you mean that I could appear INTPish because of the wanting to blend and hide in childhood and it's a habit that's stuck, but the core is something else? Or am I totally confused about this? (quite possible)

Yeah, I did see them, kinda smiled myself, could be either scenario. You still have some guardedness but you reveal a lot more than I've witnessed your average INTJ give up and you have more softness about you, that isnít a concrete reason to say youíre not one, I just struggle to see it, I struggle even more to see SP btw.
    Thanks for the feedback. *cogitates*

Great so let me summarise, we have you, questioning your type, being told by me, who canít type herself, what you may be with references to two other people, who canít seem to settle on and stay one type, suggesting something different. Weíre screwed
    Awesome. And you left out toonia. I think she's had some type confusion too in the past.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I wonder if you also have strong Ni, and that's the reason for the INTJ suggestions. When someone is strongly introverted, I sometimes wonder if they develop more of the introverted versions of the functions. Since INTP is Ti-Ne, maybe you have that, but also strong Ni, so that you get some Ti-Ni blending as well?
    I suspect that there are some strong introverts who do exactly this, have good use of all 4 introverted functions, which makes them harder to type.

With your top four cognitive functions being Ti, Ne, Te, Ni (assuming the relative strengths are close) you may also be in a subset of NT's I've observed who can flip back and forth between Ti-Ne and Ni-Te depending on the situation (sort of like the way someone who is balanced can switch from right brain to left brain).

I think Trinity may be on the right track asking about your behaviour as a child, whichever functions showed up first are likely your defaults. Were the ideas you expressed outwardly logical or random? Te or Ne?

MBTI
    INTP

ESFP. Your random orgies and coked out parties clearly indicate a reckless and hedonistic lifestyle. Maybe if you weren't always shooting wild gazelles whilst HALO jumping into Middle Eastern territories, it would be harder to determine your type.

... or INTP

Duh.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    I suspect that there are some strong introverts who do exactly this, have good use of all 4 introverted functions, which makes them harder to type.

With your top four cognitive functions being Ti, Ne, Te, Ni (assuming the relative strengths are close) you may also be in a subset of NT's I've observed who can flip back and forth between Ti-Ne and Ni-Te depending on the situation (sort of like the way someone who is balanced can switch from right brain to left brain).
    That sounds plausible - I'll think about it for a bit and compare it to what's going on in my brain for a little while. Someone who's more familiar with me than you said something similar yesterday.

I don't know how much faith to put in those cognitive processes tests, though. I've seen results that don't gel at all with how the person comes across. I'm also not convinced I understand all of the questions or whether I should be comparing myself to others when answering.

I think Trinity may be on the right track asking about your behaviour as a child, whichever functions showed up first are likely your defaults. Were the ideas you expressed outwardly logical or random? Te or Ne?
    It's a bit tricky for me to get much insight about typing myself by looking at childhood. I had to do a lot of stuff just to survive (literally) and it's hard to disentangle the survival behaviour from the intrinsic behaviour, external behaviour in particular. I do remember getting told off if I couldn't explain why I knew something. I tried to say as little as possible anywhere. But, I have a notebook from age 12 which seems to be more Ne than Te. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Works View Post
    ESFP. Your random orgies and coked out parties clearly indicate a reckless and hedonistic lifestyle. Maybe if you weren't always shooting wild gazelles whilst HALO jumping into Middle Eastern territories, it would be harder to determine your type.
    (pssst, that was supposed to be a secret)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

What's with all the INTP self-doubt?

INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    What's with all the INTP self-doubt?

INTP
    Boredom, combined with a need to distract myself last night plus realising I'm J-ish at times. The first two >> the third.

MBTI
    INXP

Boredom, combined with a need to distract myself last night plus realising I'm J-ish at times. The first two >> the third.
    Not wanting to be an INTP is quite an INTP thing to do. We (they) don't like to be pigeon-holed.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Not wanting to be an INTP is quite an INTP thing to do. We (they) don't like to be pigeon-holed.
    Self doubt is more my thing, rather than pigeon-hole-aversion.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Maybe just stage of life you're at?
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I've never had any doubt about my type. Maybe I'm just severely underdeveloped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.