• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Questions That Help With Discovery of Type

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Credits to a man by the name of Limit at Personality Nation, as he was the one who came up with these marvelous and insightful questions, for which I and many others are grateful.

When answered this list of questions can basically reveal enough information concerning a persons type, and seeing as how useful it was there, I thought I'd bring it over here.

(Mods, please sticky thread if possible, thank you :))

1. What are 5 key qualities about you, and what is each of their direct opposites?

Example: “I am nice. The opposite of that would be cruel.”

2. Now explain why each of the opposites COULD be you and why it might be GOOD to be that opposite characteristic. Own them even if they are negative traits.

Example: “I am nice. The opposite of that would be cruel. I guess I can be cruel because I never tip waiters. Tipping waiters encourages them to stay at these jobs ‘….’”

3. What would you say to a 5-year-old child if he or she asked you what the purpose of life is?

Note: You’re talking to a young child so keep the answer short and brief.

4. What type of advice would you give that same child on how to survive in this world?

Note: You’re talking to a young child so keep the answer short and brief.

5. If you were told you only had one year to live from today, and it was 100% guaranteed that you would die exactly 1 year from now, what would you do in that year?

Note: Your health will be fine all the way up to the end.

6. Why aren't you doing this now?

7. What do you really want in your truest self?

8. What have you substituted/settled for compared to what you really want?

9. What are your defense mechanisms?

Sometimes people don’t realize what their true defense mechanisms are because they are working at 100% efficiency. You may have to really think about this one.

Another way to look at the question:
When you start to feel uncomfortable or anxious about a situation, what do you generally start to do?

10. What are some good habits that are needed for living a healthy adult life?

11. What are you like in relaxed and non-threatening situations?

12. What does your heart feel like it needs and wants?

13. What condition is your heart in right now?

14. What does your head say it needs and wants?

15. What condition is your mind in right now?

16. What does your body say it needs and wants?

17. What is the condition of your body right now?

18. Which do you trust the most in making an important decision between your head, body, and heart? Why?

19. Which do you trust the least in making an important decision between your head, body, and heart? Why?

20. What is your predominant fault?

21. Think of a time when you felt at ease and connected to yourself and others. What did you think about yourself, others, and the entire world during this time?

22. Think of a time when you felt anxious and disconnected from yourself and others. What did you think about yourself, others, and the entire world during this time?

23. What is an addiction or urge that seems to drive you as almost as if you’re not in control? Almost like an alien force that drives or pushes you down.

24. What things do you feel you cannot do because they might jeopardize your survival?

Example: “I can not express my feelings, because I feel like I need to be cool, calm, and collected to survive.”
“I have to be right. I can not afford to be wrong.”

25. What do you need in your life to face your fears?

26. What is your own personal mission statement?

Examples:
“The kind of person I would like to be ____.”
“The kind of activities I would like to be in ______.”
“My personal mission is to ______.”

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Should/Can we answer these (in this thread or elsewhere)?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh yeah, they should be answered in threads when one attempts to type themselves, it get far to cluttered if everone posted their results in here :laugh:

But this thread will serve as a reference guide for when people do want to answer these questions :yes: (once and if this thread gets stickied)

Limit

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Oh, so cool. Yea I don't mind. I think it's great if it helps people find their type. I just don't know if people know what to look for and my intentions for the questions.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^Awesome! :3 :biggrin:

I'm certain that even without knowing the full intention of the questions that the questionaire will still yeild good results. Too bad Aleksei doesn't frequent the site a bit more, he's really good at knowing a persons type via these questions.

Limit

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
^Awesome! :3 :biggrin:

I'm certain that even without knowing the full intention of the questions that the questionaire will still yeild good results. Too bad Aleksei doesn't frequent the site a bit more, he's really good at knowing a persons type via these questions.

I agree 100% on both accounts. They are definitely taking a hit (especially in Socionics realm) by not having Aleksei

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^Speaking of which, consider PersN is down I'm wondering why Aleksei hasn't migrated back over here. :thinking: