• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Enneagram type???

The_World_As_Will

So I'm really stuck between these two types, and I want other type C members to chime in to see if I can come to some type of consensus on my type. I would post a video but eh you can find those in the bonfire lounge video challenge thread, if that helps you in your analysis, anyhow, I really relate to the two descriptions and sort of sick of being 'stuck' in enneagram limbo...

Thoughts would be great!

5w4 sx/so "Revolution" contributed by jase
The most creatively energized and outspoken of Fives, they conceive of outlandish and idealistic alternatives to a reality they find deeply unfulfilling for the most part, and like to exhibit these radical visions, possibly through an art form if not through direct advocacy. Many sx/soc 5w4's are responsible for revolutionizing their creative fields, for better or worse. They aren't always comfortable in the visionary roles they might find themselves in, and may escape to extended periods of withdrawal to regain a sense of independence and security. This kind of retreat can surprise those who have mistaken them for a more conventionally driven, extroverted personality.

Sexual/social

This subtype is the most dramatic of the instinctual stackings of type Five. They are less concerned than the social/sexual subtype with social rejection, but take rejection from intimates very much to heart. They have a strong desire to express themselves, and can be the most Four-like of all the instinctual subtypes of type Five.

Not only do they have a strong desire to merge with a significant other, they also want to make their mark in the larger social sphere. The intensity, aggression, counterphobic stance and desire to connect deeply, all combine with the social instinct to produce a highly charged personality. This subtype can become quite accomplished if they are able to form an intimate connection with someone who will help ground them and provide them with a feeling of security. When Fives of this subtype feel a sense of safety due to healthy intimate relationships, they will want to share whatever knowledge, talent or insight they may have.

When unhealthy, this subtype can be very dark, pessimistic and the most confrontational of all the subtypes of Five. They can also become very arrogant.

sx/so 9w1

They look for people who can spark their passion and help improve them as a person... But once they begin to merge with somebody they are passionate about, they become more hesitant about showing their passion...This may look like disinterest, but it reflects the sensitivity they have to separation. They want to avoid creating memories that could come back to haunt them....so they may often break eye contact or go aloof as a reflex to intense or romantic moments... The more they do this kind of thing, the stronger they feel for the person. This type falls in love easily, but has difficulty falling out of love and prefers not to let themselves fall out of love. They stay in love with the world and people by living inside of their fantasy world where they can maintain a relationship long after it ends....On occasion, reminders may be powerful enough to break through their defenses and remind them of what once was. The longer they put off dealing with their negative feelings, the more they will continue to reexperience breakup years after the fact....one dream can force them into a state of melancholy for days on end....They may seek escape through other things like music...They usually have a great ear for music and can learn instruments rather easily, and even compose their own stuff. Their compositions are usually scattered across a range of feeling from melancholy to absurd. If they can't find passion through a relationship, they may look alternatively through a cause. They believe in doing the 'right thing' and will protest the "wrong thing." They don't just want connections with people, but a sense of solidarity with those who care deeply about the same issues like they do. They have a soft spot for anything living and defenseless, and can even seem "extreme" or "kooky" in their defense of these things. In spite of it, they retain a shy, sweet, and gentle exterior with a touch of autism.

Edit- to help with this analysis from others, here are two videos I made for the typeC video thread... Don't know if it will help much but whatever you get from it, let me know.

[YOUTUBE="ZTEerok57ek"]Part 1[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="yibaEySJJ4Q"]Part 2[/YOUTUBE]

and some questions I asked

Thanks again!

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
An INTP is not likely to be 9w1. Anything is possible. Some people have been lucky enough to be struck twice or more by lightning, as rare as that occurrence is. An INTP 9w1 is a situation much like that.

The_World_As_Will

Why do you think 9w1?, anything in particular? I really don't relate to the 9w1's above, Out of the sx/so 5w4's I relate to Lennon, and Smith the most, apparently IRL I give off the same sort of 'vibe' , I do relate to the description above of 9w1 to a great extent, but also with the 5 description, I'd rather get opinions from others to see what the majourity thinks, and analysis opinions based on that. I am curious as to why you think 9w1, before you thought 5w4, why the change?.

An INTP is not likely to be 9w1. Anything is possible. Some people have been lucky enough to be struck twice or more by lightning, as rare as that occurrence is. An INTP 9w1 is a situation much like that.

I've seen several type 9 INTPs, I think they tend to float between 6w5 and 5w6 quite often, 5w4s especially sx types tend to seem like INFPs, which I've been accused of.

Edit - disregard thread,y mods delete if anyone reads this. Came a conclusion, and 5w4 it stays, makes more sense.

Last edited: