• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Type is Haight?

What Type is Haight?

• Total voters

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
It's actually pretty accurate. In my experience, INTJ's state an answer that they have (probably!) intuitively leapt to using their external framework. They aren't keen on INTPs challenging it (because the INTP is seen as never wanting any final usable answer) but will welcome the new finding once it's been shown where they have made an error (if at all).

I get this quite a lot in my work environment (which is technically driven). INTJ makes a common sense intuitive leap to an answer and states it "coldly". This may or not be right - it's often given more severity of delivery than I feel is warranted (perhaps because I'm an INTP... ;) ). I'll tend (as an INTP) to remember some disconnected fact that I bring to his attention, we then bounce this around for a while... the INTJ bringing subsequent facts and rules to my attention in a Te style logic framework, me bringing weird outside Ne style stuff to it, and hammering it down to a working fixed result. This, to me, is a classic INTP/INTJ interaction and highlights the differences between them!

It's quite interesting.. the INTJ is using Te against INTP Ne (so ideas are bouncing off logic) and then the INTJ is judging with Ni vs INTP Ti internally. Fun!

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*attempts to remove Haight as INTPc admin*

Crap!

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
A learnt INTJ. Due to influence/external environment.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Now that's very possible.

Hmm, I'll buy the idea of an INTP that learns to access his J attitude. He'd still be an INTP though, just with an acquired ability or energy to access some organisation skills. Still INTP!

It'd be way harder to learn to actually learn to be an INTJ if you were an INTP To do that one would have to turn Ne and Ti into Te and Ni... the functions are totally opposed due to the J-flip.. and as a result totally submerge the natural type functions. I can't see how that would be possible without tearing apart.

I suppose I ought to reword something from earlier in the thread. The P-J split is the most fundamental in terms of the function usage. If you flip it different functions extravert so it is quite different from the effect of flipping I-E N-S or T-F.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Notice how I didn't say that was the case. . . I just said it was "possible."

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Notice how I didn't say that was the case. . . I just said it was "possible."

Yes, that's right..."very possible" :D! Actually, my intent was to ramble generally about the possibility of INTP / INTJ crossovers rather than apply it specifically to your type (which, I believe, is genuinely INTJ).

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Actually, I/we have learned a lot via your posts in this thread.

So thanks for that.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Actually, I/we have learned a lot via your posts in this thread.

So thanks for that.

Cool. I'm mostly quoting from a reading of Please Understand Me. Worth it, even if quite a short text, to get at the actual Myers Briggs people's thoughts on the system!

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Now that's very possible.

Hmm, I'll buy the idea of an INTP that learns to access his J attitude. He'd still be an INTP though, just with an acquired ability or energy to access some organisation skills. Still INTP!

It'd be way harder to learn to actually learn to be an INTJ if you were an INTP To do that one would have to turn Ne and Ti into Te and Ni... the functions are totally opposed due to the J-flip.. and as a result totally submerge the natural type functions. I can't see how that would be possible without tearing apart.

I suppose I ought to reword something from earlier in the thread. The P-J split is the most fundamental in terms of the function usage. If you flip it different functions extravert so it is quite different from the effect of flipping I-E N-S or T-F.

Geoff, Haight,

To elaborate - I was coming more from the angle of the cognitive functions vs the 4 letters.

As an INTP, the Ti, Ne would be the most developed. For the INTJ, Ni, Te.

When I say learnt, I was guessing that the activities he engages in requires the cognitives of the INTJ - managing this board is a good example of that. Setting up the board would be an INTP though.

Hence my guess is simply that Haight is high on Ti, Ne. He has developed up to a good (or more) status, Te, followed by Ni, but weaker S functions, and low F functions overall - probably Fi higher than Fe though, and Se higher than Si. There is a certain seeking for constancy about him I sense, and a muted playfulness, but I could be wrong.

This is why I said learnt INTJ -> he has managed to access his other cognitives without sacrificing the INTP.

IOW, I think it is possible to develop other functions without tearing apart. What that could hold it together would be Fi and/or Ti.

To quote Fineline "my two cents". Making sense?

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Your few furtive efforts at rapport have been awkward, but endearingly so; and very much like an INTP's.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Indifferent to both a) criticism and b) praise.

INTP.
Isn't the fact that I keep replying to your posts an indication that I'm a J?

In other words, a P would have given up by now. . . right?