• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Type is Haight?

What Type is Haight?

• Total voters

Usehername

On a mission
Why is this a sticky? And why can't an INTJ have piles of books, too? (Most of my books are multiple-category organized on my shelves, but I have a subsection of books I rotate through depending on immediate interest that are in piles around my bed/by my computer/on my desk, etc.)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What makes anyone think that INTJs are even book people?

heart

heart on fire
Why is this a sticky? And why can't an INTJ have piles of books, too? (Most of my books are multiple-category organized on my shelves, but I have a subsection of books I rotate through depending on immediate interest that are in piles around my bed/by my computer/on my desk, etc.)

I just think a Ne is more likely to have a big pile of them .

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think you're an INTP. You don't have that INTJ-ish vibe, and I've known a few INTJ message board admins. They usually do what they think is efficient and useful, and don't care what the members think. They also have significantly longer lists of rules and guidelines that they'll adhere to more strictly. On the plus side, they usually keep things running more smoothly on the server side, and preemptively fix situations long before they have the potential to become problems.

INTJ's in general give me an impression of being mischievous, diabolical, blunt, yet lovable strategists who are always striving to improve their systems. Their perfectionism, efficiency, organization, willpower, and foresight are rather endearing traits.

You're almost the opposite of this. You seem to prefer trying various things to see how people react to them, and then making further decisions based on this. You also seem to be the sort who doesn't like to take preventative action so much as corrective action once a problem has been identified. It's like you want to give both systems and people "the benefit of the doubt."

I'm not sure, but I'm more confident than I have been in the past, as you have been posting enough recently that I have a better concept of your personality.

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
They usually do what they think is efficient and useful, and don't care what the members think. They also have significantly longer lists of rules and guidelines that they'll adhere to more strictly.

Wow. He's much more diabolical than those other INTJs if people actually think he cares about their opinions.

However, we were reading the rules of the INTJ forum the other day and were laughing about how unbelievably strict they were. Could it just be that he's a laid-back INTJ and feels that freedom of expression is more useful than a bunch of silly rules?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Wow. He's much more diabolical than those other INTJs if people actually think he cares about their opinions.

However, we were reading the rules of the INTJ forum the other day and were laughing about how unbelievably strict they were. Could it just be that he's a laid-back INTJ and feels that freedom of expression is more useful than a bunch of silly rules?

I definitely think it can be that. My friends FMWarner and OK Radio, both of whom I've known for longer than I've frequented either of the Centrals, are both INTJs of the laid-back sort you describe. I don't think either one of them would enjoy the INTJ forum, but they're still pretty clear INTJs.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I kind of guessed.. I don't know anything about Haight. Or INTJs for that matter.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I kind of guessed.. I don't know anything about Haight. Or INTJs for that matter.

I haven't decided yet if I think Haight is INTJ or INTP, I just don't think not having a lot of rigid rules necessarily means he's NOT a J.

heart

heart on fire
I think you're an INTP. You don't have that INTJ-ish vibe,

Yes, I based my answer on "feel" and tone. No logic involved in it really.

Male INTJ seem to have a misty, imaginative feel to them, their inner eye on their imaginations even when they have good Te going. I just don't get that vibe from Haight's posts. Ti feels more like the inner eye of the person is on truth, reason, solid.

There are no value judgments in my choice of words, just trying to put a feeling to words, which is really hard at times.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
INTJ.

I believed as much when I first encountered you on INTPc.

You've the temerity of an NTJ.
Nicely done.

heart

heart on fire
INTJ.

I believed as much when I first encountered you on INTPc.

You've the temerity of an NTJ.
Nicely done.

But can't Ti have audacity, when it is sure of its own internal determinations? :huh:

Isn't the difference between INTP and INTJ the difference between Internal jugement and external judgement, not degree of temerity?

One basing their judgement on external standards and one on internal standards?

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
But can't Ti have audacity, when it is sure of its own internal determinations? :huh:

Isn't the difference between INTP and INTJ the difference between Internal jugement and external judgement, not degree of temerity?

One basing their judgement on external standards and one on internal standards?

Certainly.

My assessment was culled directly from the nether-regions of my Ni and was poorly diagrammed. Forgive me.

My rationale lies in the execution of his judgment. As an admin, I'm not certain we've adequate familiarity with Haight during his non-admin behavior. As such, our perspectives are skewed 'round this tangent.

Even with this impairment, I think we can agree on the methodology by which he rules.

I find that Ne tends to bubble less with the hum and drip of organized rule and instead is randomized 'round the external stimuli that it feeds to its ravenous Ti nucleus. Combining the playfulness of the Ne with the empiricism of the Ti typically results in off-handed humor; creative analytics and (among others) a stodgy resistance to domination - both as ruler and subject. I don't find Haight in any of these dispositions.

Te is about control, first and foremost. Te demands proper evaluation of external variables as a method of confirming the suspicions of the Ni. This is typically why the NTJ appears so unusual to others; his thoughts tend to be a few cubits ahead of his words; his internal rhythm is played at a faster cadence than his fingers can flick.

Ni guesses what Te confirms;
While Ne giggles, Ti affirms

I recognize familiar NTJ qualities within Haight's forum signatures.

Haight seems best an INTJ.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Thanks, night. That was helpful.

As were others*

*Not including the Nazi.

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
Yes, I based my answer on "feel" and tone. No logic involved in it really.

Male INTJ seem to have a misty, imaginative feel to them, their inner eye on their imaginations even when they have good Te going. I just don't get that vibe from Haight's posts. Ti feels more like the inner eye of the person is on truth, reason, solid.

There are no value judgments in my choice of words, just trying to put a feeling to words, which is really hard at times.

I think your post is pretty accurate. His posts suck in the sense that they reveal absolutely nothing (or completely false information) about himself. It was only after intense one-on-one conversations that I saw that imaginative, deep, and mysterious INTJ vibe.

In person, I think he's very different from how he is on the forum. . . except the sarcasm. That doesn't go away. So how he can actually ask people to judge his type, I dunno. I'm the ultimate judge, and I say INTJ because we're the exact same person. :party2:

heart

heart on fire
I think your post is pretty accurate. His posts suck in the sense that they reveal absolutely nothing (or completely false information) about himself. It was only after intense one-on-one conversations that I saw that imaginative, deep, and mysterious INTJ vibe.

In person, I think he's very different from how he is on the forum. . . except the sarcasm. That doesn't go away. So how he can actually ask people to judge his type, I dunno. I'm the ultimate judge, and I say INTJ because we're the exact same person. :party2:

Yes:) . My husband is INFJ and even his family doesn't see the person I do. My father was INTJ and he was way different around mother than other people.

Usehername

On a mission

I think the INTJ forum sucks. The admin is the most moody INTJ I've ever met online and it's a bunch of posts saying "I have x trait. Therefore this must be an INTJ trait."

And it seems people there always fail to recall that INTJs are humans, and perhaps these traits are common among humans and not just INTJs.

Haight needs a new typology shirt, no?

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Because I believe the answer is complicated, although the question seems rather simple: What is the difference between an INTP with a weak P and an INTJ with a weak J?
Operationally, the situation and the mindset when it is encountered.

Edit: Change the options to check boxes, and I'll vote. :D

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
I don't find him to be scattered at all. When we moved in together, he had a ton of books and was pretty eager to buy bookshelves. Then he didn't want me to put them on the shelf because there is a special way that he likes to group them. :huh:

Ookay, I checked INTP in the poll, but I think I may be wrong. The book thingy is very J. :yes: