20 52.63%
First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I voted INTJ just because I.......it's the vibes I get from your posts Haight.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    I voted INTJ just because I.......it's the vibes I get from your posts Haight.
    Yep, so did I. He's always struck me as INTJ. The reason being is that I see so much INTJ "Te" in his posts. As far as I can see, he's stating a logical framework of a view, and inside is probably floating the ideas and consequences about, rather than the other way around.

I work closely with a male INTJ, have done for years... and he and Haight are like clones in terms of the way they administer a management situation...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    ... in terms of the way they administer a management situation...
    Yes, that's it!
    The second function of INTJ (Te) is showing out. INTP has Ne and I haven't seen that too much. It might be there even if I haven't seen it though.

MBTI
    INFJ

I hope nobody gets offended, but I'm laughing my head off right now, after going through the thread

It started with:

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    I don't find him to be scattered at all. When we moved in together, he had a ton of books and was pretty eager to buy bookshelves. Then he didn't want me to put them on the shelf because there is a special way that he likes to group them.
    That says Te so much it shouldn't be funny... but it is

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Why is this a sticky? And why can't an INTJ have piles of books, too? (Most of my books are multiple-category organized on my shelves, but I have a subsection of books I rotate through depending on immediate interest that are in piles around my bed/by my computer/on my desk, etc.)
    "multiple-category organised", "subsection of books", "rotate through depending on"... Soooooo Te

Wow. He's much more diabolical than those other INTJs if people actually think he cares about their opinions.
    *snort* Such blunt honesty, it's endearing

Well anyway, that explains why I was always a little confused by Haight's vibe when thinking of him as an INTP. That's because he's no INTP

Man, INTJs have such a way of growing on me, it's spooky

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

INTPs try to quantify and classify, the answer is obvious from those beginnings.
    INTJs answer the question, the classifications are obvious from the answer.
    (I think that's right anyhow)

I actually rescinded my previous analysis and voted INTP. The reason being is that you rarely declare "the answer" but do behave in a manner similar to an INTP who occasionally comes out to sort out a problem and then recedes back to his zone to recuperate after getting things to work "properly".

Perhaps you're an INTP who's got "good" ( ) strong J influences?
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    The reason being is that you rarely declare "the answer" . . .
    Just because he doesn't say, "I'm positive that X is best" doesn't mean that he isn't thinking it in his head.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Just because he doesn't say, "I'm positive that X is best" doesn't mean that he isn't thinking it in his head.
    That's as true as it's opposite. It's just the way I read it.

Mind you I'm used to J thinking so I could quite possibly be adding in the margins for error myself.

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Does he have a "book pile" either by the bed or his favorite chair? It seems to me that most Ne would people have a book pile, probably in both places. Never know when you're going to need your most important reference materials ... plus notebooks with lots of scattered bits of info scrawled down

Well, i'm intp. and that would be me. Books are everywhere and random. And yea, even when my notebooks have lines, i just ignore the lines and go vertical/horizontal/circular, whatever space i can find, i cram in words. They're not usually linked just because they're on the same page. I never quite understood the purpose of lines, to me, they waste space.

INTJ for Haight is my vote. It's the Te. Plus, the 'never saying' bit by notta just above this. That's from Ni. Private thoughts shown only to a few, if at all.
    You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

--T.S Eliot, The Wasteland

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by elfinchilde View Post
    Well, i'm intp. and that would be me. Books are everywhere and random. And yea, even when my notebooks have lines, i just ignore the lines and go vertical/horizontal/circular, whatever space i can find, i cram in words. They're not usually linked just because they're on the same page. I never quite understood the purpose of lines, to me, they waste space.

INTJ for Haight is my vote. It's the Te. Plus, the 'never saying' bit by notta just above this. That's from Ni. Private thoughts shown only to a few, if at all.
    Just to be different.

I'm an INTP and yes I may have some books, the one's I'm currently using (usually reference style), in a pile but the ones stored on the shelf are in a particular order and are booked in (at some point) to be put in a very strict order. Know why? So I can find the book I want now and not in fifteen minutes when I've found the right one in that special hiding place that all books go to when you want them.

INTPs, given the right situation, will organise. Besides it being logical, it's a hell of a lot easier at the end of the day and I'm all for less effort - more gain kinda things.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

But internal judgment does that: I flex outwardly, but inwardly, my stance actually is , "Here is what's true... so far, as long as my assumptions hold and I actually have all the relevant information."

(I don't know if INTJs experience that last part. Does Haight? The last part, to me, might be the difference. Ni might make an intuitive leap towards the answer and doesn't need more information to be sure of itself, an introverted judging function, since it always is chewing information from the external world, is very aware that its judgments are dependent on things outside itself and that the information might have been incomplete. So you get this nifty little seeming-conundrum of being very very sure of itself... but only within the parameters and with the stipulations that were set.)

Honestly, I have no idea of Haight's type. I suppose INTx makes the most sense, but from there, I cannot figure him out; as his tests indicate, he plays that gray J/P line and shows functions from both types.

Xander's comments on organization: Yes, I'll organize... when I have to. if my life is too cluttered, or something has to get done, and I can't think straight anymore, then I will organize. And I can be good at it, depending on what exactly I am doing. Being a P does not mean that you can't organize and simplify when you need to.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft