MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Wow, my vote actually mattered!!!

...INTP

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    INTJ.

I believed as much when I first encountered you on INTPc.

You've the temerity of an NTJ.
    Nicely done.
    But can't Ti have audacity, when it is sure of its own internal determinations?

Isn't the difference between INTP and INTJ the difference between Internal jugement and external judgement, not degree of temerity?

One basing their judgement on external standards and one on internal standards?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    But can't Ti have audacity, when it is sure of its own internal determinations?

Isn't the difference between INTP and INTJ the difference between Internal jugement and external judgement, not degree of temerity?

One basing their judgement on external standards and one on internal standards?
    Certainly.

My assessment was culled directly from the nether-regions of my Ni and was poorly diagrammed. Forgive me.

My rationale lies in the execution of his judgment. As an admin, I'm not certain we've adequate familiarity with Haight during his non-admin behavior. As such, our perspectives are skewed 'round this tangent.

Even with this impairment, I think we can agree on the methodology by which he rules.

I find that Ne tends to bubble less with the hum and drip of organized rule and instead is randomized 'round the external stimuli that it feeds to its ravenous Ti nucleus. Combining the playfulness of the Ne with the empiricism of the Ti typically results in off-handed humor; creative analytics and (among others) a stodgy resistance to domination - both as ruler and subject. I don't find Haight in any of these dispositions.

Te is about control, first and foremost. Te demands proper evaluation of external variables as a method of confirming the suspicions of the Ni. This is typically why the NTJ appears so unusual to others; his thoughts tend to be a few cubits ahead of his words; his internal rhythm is played at a faster cadence than his fingers can flick.

Ni guesses what Te confirms;
    While Ne giggles, Ti affirms

I recognize familiar NTJ qualities within Haight's forum signatures.

Haight seems best an INTJ.

MBTI
    INTj

Thanks, night. That was helpful.

As were others*

*Not including the Nazi.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Yes, I based my answer on "feel" and tone. No logic involved in it really.

Male INTJ seem to have a misty, imaginative feel to them, their inner eye on their imaginations even when they have good Te going. I just don't get that vibe from Haight's posts. Ti feels more like the inner eye of the person is on truth, reason, solid.

There are no value judgments in my choice of words, just trying to put a feeling to words, which is really hard at times.
    I think your post is pretty accurate. His posts suck in the sense that they reveal absolutely nothing (or completely false information) about himself. It was only after intense one-on-one conversations that I saw that imaginative, deep, and mysterious INTJ vibe.

In person, I think he's very different from how he is on the forum. . . except the sarcasm. That doesn't go away. So how he can actually ask people to judge his type, I dunno. I'm the ultimate judge, and I say INTJ because we're the exact same person.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    I think your post is pretty accurate. His posts suck in the sense that they reveal absolutely nothing (or completely false information) about himself. It was only after intense one-on-one conversations that I saw that imaginative, deep, and mysterious INTJ vibe.

In person, I think he's very different from how he is on the forum. . . except the sarcasm. That doesn't go away. So how he can actually ask people to judge his type, I dunno. I'm the ultimate judge, and I say INTJ because we're the exact same person.

Yes . My husband is INFJ and even his family doesn't see the person I do. My father was INTJ and he was way different around mother than other people.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Wow. He's much more diabolical than those other INTJs if people actually think he cares about their opinions.

However, we were reading the rules of the INTJ forum the other day and were laughing about how unbelievably strict they were. Could it just be that he's a laid-back INTJ and feels that freedom of expression is more useful than a bunch of silly rules?
    I think the INTJ forum sucks. The admin is the most moody INTJ I've ever met online and it's a bunch of posts saying "I have x trait. Therefore this must be an INTJ trait."

And it seems people there always fail to recall that INTJs are humans, and perhaps these traits are common among humans and not just INTJs.

Haight needs a new typology shirt, no?
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Because I believe the answer is complicated, although the question seems rather simple: What is the difference between an INTP with a weak P and an INTJ with a weak J?
    Operationally, the situation and the mindset when it is encountered.

Edit: Change the options to check boxes, and I'll vote.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I don't find him to be scattered at all. When we moved in together, he had a ton of books and was pretty eager to buy bookshelves. Then he didn't want me to put them on the shelf because there is a special way that he likes to group them.
    Ookay, I checked INTP in the poll, but I think I may be wrong. The book thingy is very J.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~