• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Type is Haight?

What Type is Haight?

• Total voters

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I voted INTJ just because I....:thinking:...it's the vibes I get from your posts Haight.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I voted INTJ just because I....:thinking:...it's the vibes I get from your posts Haight.

Yep, so did I. He's always struck me as INTJ. The reason being is that I see so much INTJ "Te" in his posts. As far as I can see, he's stating a logical framework of a view, and inside is probably floating the ideas and consequences about, rather than the other way around.

I work closely with a male INTJ, have done for years... and he and Haight are like clones in terms of the way they administer a management situation...

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
... in terms of the way they administer a management situation...

Yes, that's it!
The second function of INTJ (Te) is showing out. INTP has Ne and I haven't seen that too much. It might be there even if I haven't seen it though.

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
I hope nobody gets offended, but I'm laughing my head off right now, after going through the thread :laugh:

It started with:

I don't find him to be scattered at all. When we moved in together, he had a ton of books and was pretty eager to buy bookshelves. Then he didn't want me to put them on the shelf because there is a special way that he likes to group them. :huh:
That says Te so much it shouldn't be funny... but it is :D

Why is this a sticky? And why can't an INTJ have piles of books, too? (Most of my books are multiple-category organized on my shelves, but I have a subsection of books I rotate through depending on immediate interest that are in piles around my bed/by my computer/on my desk, etc.)
"multiple-category organised", "subsection of books", "rotate through depending on"... :rofl1: Soooooo Te ;)

Wow. He's much more diabolical than those other INTJs if people actually think he cares about their opinions.
*snort* Such blunt honesty, it's endearing :wubbie:

Well anyway, that explains why I was always a little confused by Haight's vibe when thinking of him as an INTP. That's because he's no INTP ;)

Man, INTJs have such a way of growing on me, it's spooky :blush:

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
INTPs try to quantify and classify, the answer is obvious from those beginnings.
INTJs answer the question, the classifications are obvious from the answer.
(I think that's right anyhow)

I actually rescinded my previous analysis and voted INTP. The reason being is that you rarely declare "the answer" but do behave in a manner similar to an INTP who occasionally comes out to sort out a problem and then recedes back to his zone to recuperate after getting things to work "properly".

Perhaps you're an INTP who's got "good" (;) ) strong J influences?

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Just because he doesn't say, "I'm positive that X is best" doesn't mean that he isn't thinking it in his head.
That's as true as it's opposite. It's just the way I read it.

Mind you I'm used to J thinking so I could quite possibly be adding in the margins for error myself.

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
Does he have a "book pile" either by the bed or his favorite chair? It seems to me that most Ne would people have a book pile, probably in both places. Never know when you're going to need your most important reference materials ... plus notebooks with lots of scattered bits of info scrawled down

Well, i'm intp. and that would be me. Books are everywhere and random. And yea, even when my notebooks have lines, i just ignore the lines and go vertical/horizontal/circular, whatever space i can find, i cram in words. They're not usually linked just because they're on the same page. :blush: I never quite understood the purpose of lines, to me, they waste space. :huh:

INTJ for Haight is my vote. It's the Te. Plus, the 'never saying' bit by notta just above this. That's from Ni. Private thoughts shown only to a few, if at all.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Well, i'm intp. and that would be me. Books are everywhere and random. And yea, even when my notebooks have lines, i just ignore the lines and go vertical/horizontal/circular, whatever space i can find, i cram in words. They're not usually linked just because they're on the same page. :blush: I never quite understood the purpose of lines, to me, they waste space. :huh:

INTJ for Haight is my vote. It's the Te. Plus, the 'never saying' bit by notta just above this. That's from Ni. Private thoughts shown only to a few, if at all.
Just to be different.

I'm an INTP and yes I may have some books, the one's I'm currently using (usually reference style), in a pile but the ones stored on the shelf are in a particular order and are booked in (at some point) to be put in a very strict order. Know why? So I can find the book I want now and not in fifteen minutes when I've found the right one in that special hiding place that all books go to when you want them.

INTPs, given the right situation, will organise. Besides it being logical, it's a hell of a lot easier at the end of the day and I'm all for less effort - more gain kinda things.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just because he doesn't say, "I'm positive that X is best" doesn't mean that he isn't thinking it in his head.

But internal judgment does that: I flex outwardly, but inwardly, my stance actually is , "Here is what's true... so far, as long as my assumptions hold and I actually have all the relevant information."

(I don't know if INTJs experience that last part. Does Haight? The last part, to me, might be the difference. Ni might make an intuitive leap towards the answer and doesn't need more information to be sure of itself, an introverted judging function, since it always is chewing information from the external world, is very aware that its judgments are dependent on things outside itself and that the information might have been incomplete. So you get this nifty little seeming-conundrum of being very very sure of itself... but only within the parameters and with the stipulations that were set.)

Honestly, I have no idea of Haight's type. I suppose INTx makes the most sense, but from there, I cannot figure him out; as his tests indicate, he plays that gray J/P line and shows functions from both types.

Xander's comments on organization: Yes, I'll organize... when I have to. if my life is too cluttered, or something has to get done, and I can't think straight anymore, then I will organize. And I can be good at it, depending on what exactly I am doing. Being a P does not mean that you can't organize and simplify when you need to.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I don't know if INTJs experience that last part.
In my experience they do but not literally. Kind of similar to the way that INTPs are aware of solid and concrete data but tend to have it held in an almost fuzzy focus.

That's an approximation of what I was thinking of anyhow, neatly and inadvertently illustrating the point.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In my experience they do but not literally. Kind of similar to the way that INTPs are aware of solid and concrete data but tend to have it held in an almost fuzzy focus.

Ah, neat way to say it!
I think it's right but for some reason am still mulling it.

(Probably like trying to look at the entire system / big picture at one time, and to understand it you need a solid awareness of the parts involved... but you're not focused on the individual parts, you are still focused on the big picture/sense and so you only notice the data peripherally.)

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Ah, neat way to say it!

(Probably like trying to look at the entire system / big picture at one time, and to understand it you need a solid awareness of the parts involved... but you're not focused on the individual parts, you are still focused on the big picture/sense and so you only notice the data peripherally.)
Looking for the correct definition ;)

As a fellow obsessor on definitions, please do let me know if you find one. It's going to bug me until I can define it properly.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Xander's comments on organization: Yes, I'll organize... when I have to. if my life is too cluttered, or something has to get done, and I can't think straight anymore, then I will organize. And I can be good at it, depending on what exactly I am doing. Being a P does not mean that you can't organize and simplify when you need to.

As an INXP I organise too - indeed all of my work is scheduled in the office as live targetted "to-do's" with categorisation and deadlines. Now, this makes me sound like a "J" right? Well.. no.. it's actually because I'm lazy. The bigger picture is that organising myself to this degree gives rise to less effort in the execution of the work than just being messy. I think partly Xander might be experiencing this.

A healthy INTP may well be organised, because they are too lazy to be sloppy (it can be less effort to tidy up as you go, even though it doesn't strike a natural preference).

I think the key test is whether one likes being organised and scheduled by others. if someone wants to know on a Wed what your plans are for the weekend, or if a surprise holiday or trip suddenly appeared out of the woodwork with 5 minutes notice. The reactions of a J to both of these would be distinctly different to the reactions of a P. As I said above the organisation of a personal space is less accurate because it can be lazier to organise!

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
A healthy INTP may well be organised, because they are too lazy to be sloppy (it can be less effort to tidy up as you go, even though it doesn't strike a natural preference).
The rest of my family being Js may have something to do with this but actually why I organise things is that it occurred to me that it is logical to do so. I rarely organise things as other's may expect but once organised I can find everything quickly and efficiently. Also I tend to lose fewer things.

I usually only do not organise because it's too much like hard work, just to contradict your point.

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
^everything Xander said in the previous page. 'Yes, i'll organise...when i have to'. :yes:

I do have the rest of my books in a certain order; tho it isn't easily understandable to others. it just looks like chaos to others. As long as i know where to find it, it's fine with me if it appears messy. And Xander, your books play hide and seek with you? :huh:

:rofl1:

It's that we speak/think in absolute terms of what we know to be relative. Hence, things always shift for us, though in that moment, it is true. Because it is less the individual object, but the sum of the parts that it plays.

Ah, neat way to say it!

Yes. That you'd notice the data in the way it fits into the pattern, and understand them that way accordingly. Individual parts alone, you'd tend to miss it, no matter how obvious. Perhaps the best intp emoticon in relation to the glaringly obvious cues of external world which everyone else gets: :huh:

:laugh:

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
I think the key test is whether one likes being organised and scheduled by others. if someone wants to know on a Wed what your plans are for the weekend, or if a surprise holiday or trip suddenly appeared out of the woodwork with 5 minutes notice. The reactions of a J to both of these would be distinctly different to the reactions of a P. As I said above the organisation of a personal space is less accurate because it can be lazier to organise!

this makes a lot of sense. Yes, organisation of personal space may be less accurate as a measure of type. It's the bigger things. Since in many ways, we all organise our personal spaces, just whether we do it via conventional means (dewey system, anyone?) or other means.

Surprise holiday! :holy: I decided to come to HK in 5 min, when a friend msged me that tickets were going cheap. Then extended what was supposed to be a short 4 day trip, into a 16 day holiday, just half an hour before i was due to leave for the airport. :D That's P for ya. ;)

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
But internal judgment does that: I flex outwardly, but inwardly, my stance actually is , "Here is what's true... so far, as long as my assumptions hold and I actually have all the relevant information."

Hrm. He bases what is true on some amount of evidence, but he doesn't need complete information to decide. If I remember correctly, that's one difference between INTJs and INTPs. An INTP can never have enough information whereas INTJs are content with a small degree of information, then they can make that intuitive leap that you speak of rather easily.

As far as organization goes, I'd say it's similar to what Geoff does . . . organizing out of sheer laziness. I don't like using organization to determine J/P.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Xander, your books play hide and seek with you? :huh:
The pains of playing host to people and being far too laissez faire when it comes to keeping track of who "borrowed" what and "which one of these three copies is mine?".

Meh. It's only annoying when I can't find them.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
An INTP can never have enough information whereas INTJs are content with a small degree of information, then they can make that intuitive leap that you speak of rather easily.
:rofl1:
"What I do is extremely difficult and it is only because I have mastered it so fully that I can perform it without difficulty."

Sounds like an INTJ under threat :D