• INTP

18 47.37%
  • INTJ

20 52.63%
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Why is this a sticky? And why can't an INTJ have piles of books, too? (Most of my books are multiple-category organized on my shelves, but I have a subsection of books I rotate through depending on immediate interest that are in piles around my bed/by my computer/on my desk, etc.)
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

What makes anyone think that INTJs are even book people?

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Why is this a sticky? And why can't an INTJ have piles of books, too? (Most of my books are multiple-category organized on my shelves, but I have a subsection of books I rotate through depending on immediate interest that are in piles around my bed/by my computer/on my desk, etc.)
    I just think a Ne is more likely to have a big pile of them .

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think you're an INTP. You don't have that INTJ-ish vibe, and I've known a few INTJ message board admins. They usually do what they think is efficient and useful, and don't care what the members think. They also have significantly longer lists of rules and guidelines that they'll adhere to more strictly. On the plus side, they usually keep things running more smoothly on the server side, and preemptively fix situations long before they have the potential to become problems.

INTJ's in general give me an impression of being mischievous, diabolical, blunt, yet lovable strategists who are always striving to improve their systems. Their perfectionism, efficiency, organization, willpower, and foresight are rather endearing traits.

You're almost the opposite of this. You seem to prefer trying various things to see how people react to them, and then making further decisions based on this. You also seem to be the sort who doesn't like to take preventative action so much as corrective action once a problem has been identified. It's like you want to give both systems and people "the benefit of the doubt."

I'm not sure, but I'm more confident than I have been in the past, as you have been posting enough recently that I have a better concept of your personality.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    They usually do what they think is efficient and useful, and don't care what the members think. They also have significantly longer lists of rules and guidelines that they'll adhere to more strictly.
    Wow. He's much more diabolical than those other INTJs if people actually think he cares about their opinions.

However, we were reading the rules of the INTJ forum the other day and were laughing about how unbelievably strict they were. Could it just be that he's a laid-back INTJ and feels that freedom of expression is more useful than a bunch of silly rules?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Wow. He's much more diabolical than those other INTJs if people actually think he cares about their opinions.

However, we were reading the rules of the INTJ forum the other day and were laughing about how unbelievably strict they were. Could it just be that he's a laid-back INTJ and feels that freedom of expression is more useful than a bunch of silly rules?
    I definitely think it can be that. My friends FMWarner and OK Radio, both of whom I've known for longer than I've frequented either of the Centrals, are both INTJs of the laid-back sort you describe. I don't think either one of them would enjoy the INTJ forum, but they're still pretty clear INTJs.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFP

I kind of guessed.. I don't know anything about Haight. Or INTJs for that matter.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    I kind of guessed.. I don't know anything about Haight. Or INTJs for that matter.
    I haven't decided yet if I think Haight is INTJ or INTP, I just don't think not having a lot of rigid rules necessarily means he's NOT a J.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I think you're an INTP. You don't have that INTJ-ish vibe,
    Yes, I based my answer on "feel" and tone. No logic involved in it really.

Male INTJ seem to have a misty, imaginative feel to them, their inner eye on their imaginations even when they have good Te going. I just don't get that vibe from Haight's posts. Ti feels more like the inner eye of the person is on truth, reason, solid.

There are no value judgments in my choice of words, just trying to put a feeling to words, which is really hard at times.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

INTJ.

I believed as much when I first encountered you on INTPc.

You've the temerity of an NTJ.
    Nicely done.