User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    If you two guys happen to mostly agree on intellectual matters, then you would have a rather easy time getting along together, since you are both NTs. It's what happens when INTPs and INTJs disagree that gets problematic, because they then tend to approach the discussion from very different positions, so that not only they don't agree on the facts, but they don't even agree on how the facts should be determined and examined!
    Lol that makes complete sense. It's funny cause sometimes we'll be discussing something and he'll seemingly just keep arguing for the sake of arguing because he can, even though we already agreed on a decision. I find it quite funny and rarely annoying, but i can definitely see how his search for any little inconsistency could irritate me.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Fuent View Post
    It's funny cause sometimes we'll be discussing something and he'll seemingly just keep arguing for the sake of arguing because he can, even though we already agreed on a decision.
    That's NP all right!

I find it quite funny and rarely annoying, but i can definitely see how his search for any little inconsistency could irritate me.
    Ti will not tolerate inconsistencies, and Ne will keep generating possibilities until Ti is satisfied: that's INTP, no problem.

Ni doesn't like inconsistencies either, for that matter, but it doesn't mind holding gazillions of them anyway, until it can resolve them somehow.

MBTI
    ENTP

Now after this lengthy discussion i must also mention this. I use the Kiersey Temperament sorter from the "Please Understand Me" book to type myself, sometimes taking some internet tests and i always test P instead of J (INTP). I'm only 19 though so that might have something to do with it, and i'm in college. First time i took it i got ISTJ though but that was not accurate. I've consistently tested P and not J ever since.

MBTI
    INFJ

Now after this lengthy discussion i must also mention this. I use the Kiersey Temperament sorter from the "Please Understand Me" book to type myself, sometimes taking some internet tests and i always test P instead of J (INTP). I'm only 19 though so that might have something to do with it, and i'm in college. First time i took it i got ISTJ though but that was not accurate. I've consistently tested P and not J ever since.
    I'm 34, and I always test INFP instead of INFJ. And yet, I am INFJ through and through. Don't sweat it.

MBTI
    ENTP

I think that maybe hanging out with an INTP for so long simply opened my mind to those cognitive processes used by INTPs that otherwise i wouldn't have directly explored. I can definitely see the value in using them more frequently than i otherwise would have had i not gotten so used to them.

MBTI
    ENTP

I really appreciate your insights Wandering. Thank you for sharing them with me.

All of you have helped put my mind at rest with this issue. It is settled then. INTx no more.

(Lol closure. So J...)

MBTI
    INFJ

I think that maybe hanging out with an INTP for so long simply opened my mind to those cognitive processes used by INTPs that otherwise i wouldn't have directly explored. I can definitely see the value in using them more frequently than i otherwise would have had i not gotten so used to them.
    That's indeed one possibility. Many people have developed some of their Shadow functions to the same level as their primary functions. My Fi is pretty high for example, and I know of at least one INFJ and a couple of INFPs who have all 4 N and F functions highly developed.

Another problem is that Introverts can get confused when typing themselves, *especially* on the J/P scale, because for Introverts, J/P refers to our Auxiliary, not our Dominant. But we mainly see ourselves as our Dominant, so we sometimes completely skew the questions without even noticing. An exemple of this is the "wait and see" stuff we mentioned earlier: someone else might see us as closure-oriented because we only show our decisions once we've taken them, but we know that it can take us forever to make them in the private of our mind. So we might look J to the world, but very P to ourselves.

I hate the J/P dichotomy...

MBTI
    INFJ

I really appreciate your insights Wandering. Thank you for sharing them with me.
    You were an easy one You know yourself very well, that helps.

All of you have helped put my mind at rest with this issue. It is settled then. INTx no more.

(Lol closure. So J...)
    Indeed

But don't feel "forced" to settle. If you're not 100% happy with it or something, just keep your options open. Just because I'm so sure doesn't mean you have to be

But if it's Ni who spoke, then you *would* be sure all right

(I'm getting hysterical, it's high time I go to bed )

MBTI
    istp

all this decision making is J-in' me out, maaayn

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    all this decision making is J-in' me out, maaayn
    I wanna laugh, but you made me cry before, so there