• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Curious INTx trying to figure out the "x" part

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:hi: hello and welcome! :) (whatever you are! :tongue:)

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
Look further than the P/J thing itself. Types are more complex than that. I sometimes test J, but it is so obvious that I fit the INTP description so much better. Test results are nothing more than a starting point...

umop_3pisdn

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yeah, look into the cognitive function aspect of it. Do you identify more with Ni dominant Te auxiliary or Ti dominant and Ne auxiliary?

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
My view is that your both. People don't come sorted out into types.

The way MBTI works is that it picks 4 qualities, separates them into poles, and makes predictions based on people who are polarized (strong Js, strongs Ts, etc.) in their functions. Does this mean that people must be polarized? Absolutely not, but the theory and predictions works best that way. The biggest mistake that people make is thinking that reality (your personality) conforms to this descriptive system.

Think of it in terms of politics. People just have opinions and they're all over the place. We can look at something like attitude towards big business and begin to sort people out into two camps: mostly support, or mostly condemn. We'll call the supporters republicans and the condemers democrats. But lets say you're not 100% how you feel about big business. Your views vary with the type of business, the purpose, the conduct, etc, so you're not sure whether you can be classified as a republican or democrat, and you get stuck. Kind of absurd, ain't it?

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Edited cos Edahn made me look stupid by fusing the threads :tongue:

Heh, actually, I merged them because of your message!

Anyway, merged threads and moved to What's Mah Muthuf@&kin' Type?

Thanks WANDERING (oops).

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
That's what I guessed, but still, my post looked mighty weird once the merging was done :cry:

Can one delete a post altogether :thinking: ?

Perhaps, but it's going to be harder to clean up your mess if I keep replying to your posts.

:headphne:

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
Perhaps, but it's going to be harder to clean up your mess if I keep replying to your posts.
Yeah, I had figured *that* too :dry:

Oh well, won't be the first time, won't be the last time, that I put myself in some impossible situation by not keeping my big know-it-all mouth shut :harhar:

(One would think I would have learned by now, but no :17425: I'm stoopid like that :9436: :blushing: :smile: )