User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 70

  1. #31
    Highly Hollow Wandering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuent View Post
    Muse over what i value. Definitely. No question about it.
    Fi.

    I'm telling ya, you smell of INTJ a mile off Which isn't an insult, just in case you wondered.

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    Zzzz
    Posts
    2,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    He was asking Si or Fi, darling
    keke That's what I get for not bothering to go back to Si-check and just rely on what my faulty Si recalls, eh?

    I kinda like my Si being faulty, though... I get to create my own recollections to suit me...

  3. #33
    Senior Member Fuent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    153

    Default

    I rarely ever think about the past unless i'm trying to figure out how i made a mistake and how i could have prevented it so it wouldn't happen again. It's usually a fairly recent memory, and it is "discarded" (more like put in a difficult to access place) once i have extracted the valuable and usable information from it. I rarely take a trip down memory lane to remember past experiences so i can feel happy or something; i don't tend to think about things in the past from years ago or even months. Sometimes i can't remember what i did yesterday, nor do i care.

  4. #34
    Highly Hollow Wandering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuent View Post
    I rarely ever think about the past unless i'm trying to figure out how i made a mistake and how i could have prevented it so it wouldn't happen again. It's usually a fairly recent memory, and it is "discarded" (more like put in a difficult to access place) once i have extracted the valuable and usable information from it. I rarely take a trip down memory lane to remember past experiences so i can feel happy or something; i don't tend to think about things in the past from years ago or even months. Sometimes i can't remember what i did yesterday, nor do i care.
    * Negative focus on past events.
    * Extraction of principle and discarding of the memory itself.
    * Shallow factual memory.

    Typical of INJs.

  5. #35
    Senior Member Fuent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    Sure does. She's asking you to play Ne, and you can't. No way you can be an INTP then, as they have Ne as Auxiliary. An INTP would LOVE to play "what if" with their loved one, as this is precisely the function they are most likely to use to show their caring to the people they love

    A remote possibility is that you want to "play Ne" in a Ti way while she wants to do it in an Fi way, but that's really not what it sounds like from what you say.
    In general i have a lot of trouble giving people straight answers sometimes. It's hard for me to take people seriously sometimes. When she plays this "game" with me i just get annoyed sometimes because i can't believe she's serious a lot of times. She puts forth strange scenarios that are highly improbable and while i'll cooperate with her for the serious scenarios, i don't much care to humor her on the improbable and just plain silly.

  6. #36
    Highly Hollow Wandering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuent View Post
    In general i have a lot of trouble giving people straight answers sometimes. It's hard for me to take people seriously sometimes. When she plays this "game" with me i just get annoyed sometimes because i can't believe she's serious a lot of times. She puts forth strange scenarios that are highly improbable and while i'll cooperate with her for the serious scenarios, i don't much care to humor her on the improbable and just plain silly.
    An INFJ would probably care more about humoring people, but the feeling would be the same.

    I want to point out that she IS being "serious", though: she's DomNe, and as such playing "what if" is of extreme importance for her. She doesn't necessarily "believe" in most of those scenarios, but exploring them is what she craves.

    DomNe vs DomNi: that's bound to create conflicts every once in a while. But on the other hand, that's also bound to bring amazing insights of wisdom and balance to the two of you when you work in tandem

  7. #37
    Senior Member Fuent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    153

    Default

    You guys are convincing me more and more of my Jness with every post. I really appreciate your insights. Looking back through my faulty memories, i realize now the possibility that my INTP friend and i are more different from each other than i thought. He's more self focused than i am, although i'm also pretty self focused. Also, i find his philosophy on dating really funny. He has no interest in dating because he thinks women are treacherous and you must watch out for their tricks; he figures he's inevitably gonna get married later so he shouldn't worry about it now. He also doesn't like the concept of a girlfriend having some control over him (Very INTPish methinks).

    I read somewhere though that INTPs and INTJs don't necessarily get along, yet we get along extremely well. We seem to understand each other very well. I don't know if what i read was wrong or what. Your thoughts?

  8. #38
    Highly Hollow Wandering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuent View Post
    Also, i find his philosophy on dating really funny. He has no interest in dating because he thinks women are treacherous and you must watch out for their tricks; he figures he's inevitably gonna get married later so he shouldn't worry about it now. He also doesn't like the concept of a girlfriend having some control over him (Very INTPish methinks).
    Inferior Fe He'll get over it - in a decade or two

    I read somewhere though that INTPs and INTJs don't necessarily get along, yet we get along extremely well. We seem to understand each other very well. I don't know if what i read was wrong or what. Your thoughts?
    People are individuals. Some types may *in general* have more problems interacting than some other types, but that doesn't mean that specific people of those types won't sometimes get along famously.

    INFPs and INFJs can be like fire and gunpowder, and yet I've met several people online who were in a happy INFP-INFJ marriage.

    If you two guys happen to mostly agree on intellectual matters, then you would have a rather easy time getting along together, since you are both NTs. It's what happens when INTPs and INTJs disagree that gets problematic, because they then tend to approach the discussion from very different positions, so that not only they don't agree on the facts, but they don't even agree on how the facts should be determined and examined!

  9. #39
    Senior Member Fuent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    153

    Default

    I just texted my INTP friend and said, "You and i are not as alike as i once thought. You INTP. Me INTJ."

    Of course, well knowing that i was talking about MBTI and me thinking i was INTP he replies, "Makes sense because we are different."

    Is that not classic INTP?

  10. #40
    Highly Hollow Wandering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuent View Post
    Is that not classic INTP?
    Yup: will see the difference, but will not draw a definite conclusion from it. Once someone else draws the conclusion, though, will have no problem recognising its validity because it was always a possibility anyway.

Similar Threads

  1. So I'm trying to figure out the appeal...
    By ygolo in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 04:53 PM
  2. I'm trying to figure out...
    By alcea rosea in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 02:12 PM
  3. [JCF] Trying to figure out F thinking.
    By Ilah in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-26-2008, 01:45 AM
  4. Trying to figure out my friend.
    By Ypsilon in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 10:43 PM
  5. Greetings of an INxx (trying to figure out what I am)
    By TenebrousReflection in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-05-2007, 01:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO