User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    maybe it's all in your head, or maybe the stepping stones do exist and you're just a few steps behind...

anyways, it's not nice to add stuff to the quote boxes that i didnt say
    You will not fool Ni....Ni knows all!

If I did add, which I didn't, I'd have added as I pleased, but I didn't.... Oh, what the hell! I loathe you =/ and your new Avatar too!!

@ Fuent. I'd say there is a lot of difference between INTJs and INTPs. Once you know the CPs a bit better of both Types and how you'd access them of whichever Type you are, it'll become easier in figuring it out and learning as to how you can better develop yourself (if that's your aim too).

MBTI
    ENTP

Regarding the tertiary function in INTJs (Fi) and INTPs (Si), what are some examples on how that would come out? I hang out with my INTP friend a lot and i'm sure if i had a concrete example of how that makes the thought process differ in both types i'd be able to distinguish which i am. As i mentioned before, i don't much like to go through my mind and rememeber past experiences but i do think that experiences are invaluable to my general wisdom and even if i don't remember details, the overall impression and valuable usable information remains.

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Fuent View Post
    Regarding the tertiary function in INTJs (Fi) and INTPs (Si), what are some examples on how that would come out? I hang out with my INTP friend a lot and i'm sure if i had a concrete example of how that makes the thought process differ in both types i'd be able to distinguish which i am. As i mentioned before, i don't much like to go through my mind and rememeber past experiences but i do think that experiences are invaluable to my general wisdom and even if i don't remember details, the overall impression and valuable usable information remains.
    Well, there are tons of info on the web and even on this site. But I think it might help you better to start at the beginning? Such as with learning about INTJs' Ni Te and INTPs' Ti Ne? If you can see how they use those CPs as it's their strongest (esp. their 1st and the 2nd is how they extravert them), it might narrow it down.

Here is some info on how Tertiary Temptation when one becomes trapped by their 3rd CP and bypasses the 2nd CP, and once we realise how to return to using our 2nd CP in order to help us move forward again. The overall wiki is pretty interesting too.

MBTI
    INFJ

As i mentioned before, i don't much like to go through my mind and rememeber past experiences but i do think that experiences are invaluable to my general wisdom and even if i don't remember details, the overall impression and valuable usable information remains.
    You INJ you

Anyway: what are you more likely to do: indulge in a trip down memory lane (nostalgia), or muse over what/who you value in life?

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    You INJ you

Anyway: what are you more likely to do: indulge in a trip down memory lane (nostalgia), or muse over what/who you value in life?
    And you mean the future too, right? And what you'd like to envision or create or implement in the future? Or....

MBTI
    ENTP

My girlfriend (ENFP) always complains that i'm really bad at playing her "what if..." and "in the future when this happens..." game. It's quite a habit of hers to explore those possibilities and want to share them with me and ask what i think but i guess i never answer the way she would want me to. I usually just give her a very short decisive answer or i tell her that there's no way to know for sure because there are too many variables and don't answer at all. I don't know if this helps you guys.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    And you mean the future too, right? And what you'd like to envision or create or implement in the future? Or....
    He was asking Si or Fi, darling

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    You INJ you

Muse over what i value. Definitely. No question about it.

MBTI
    INFJ

My girlfriend (ENFP) always complains that i'm really bad at playing her "what if..." and "in the future when this happens..." game. It's quite a habit of hers to explore those possibilities and want to share them with me and ask what i think but i guess i never answer the way she would want me to. I usually just give her a very short decisive answer or i tell her that there's no way to know for sure because there are too many variables and don't answer at all. I don't know if this helps you guys.
    Sure does. She's asking you to play Ne, and you can't. No way you can be an INTP then, as they have Ne as Auxiliary. An INTP would LOVE to play "what if" with their loved one, as this is precisely the function they are most likely to use to show their caring to the people they love

A remote possibility is that you want to "play Ne" in a Ti way while she wants to do it in an Fi way, but that's really not what it sounds like from what you say.