User Tag List

First 1234 Last

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by strychnine View Post
    Also, I overthink everything before doing, so I'm probably not impulsive. If I'm walking down the street and I see a store that might be interesting, I think about whether or not to go in for like 5 whole minutes before moving physically.
    Over-thinking something may just indicate that your Se is not dominant. I'm basing this off of my guess that all introverts have a tendency to over-think things.

According to what I've read on the internet, P's tend to be very indecisive. However, I don't think this necessary correlates to that, but instead I think you have to look at the reason that you are indecisive. Do you like keeping your options open or are you just trying to be sure you have made a good decision?

Based on your rejection of Si earlier, I'd be a bit tempted to call you some kind of ISP if you are indeed a sensor.

I agree that you should make a video though. ESFP's and ISTJ's are VERY different.

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    just as a shot in the near darkness - ISTP. Based on what you wrote below.
    Huh. I would agree but wrong judging functions and too much distance between them. I don't think inferior Fe could interfere so much with dominant Ti.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    From what you said, sounds like Se if not Ne, I think.
    Thanks, and yeah, I'll probably make that video today. (I'm scared lol)

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Over-thinking something may just indicate that your Se is not dominant. I'm basing this off of my guess that all introverts have a tendency to over-think things.
    You're probably right. Ji Se means, think first then act. Whereas Se doms think first much less of the time (of course they still have foresight).

According to what I've read on the internet, P's tend to be very indecisive. However, I don't think this necessary correlates to that, but instead I think you have to look at the reason that you are indecisive. Do you like keeping your options open or are you just trying to be sure you have made a good decision?
    I'm scared of making the wrong decision, so I put off deciding, until that in itself is a decision because I run out of time. I let life happen to me instead of being decisive, and I hate that.

Based on your rejection of Si earlier, I'd be a bit tempted to call you some kind of ISP if you are indeed a sensor..
    This is a good point. I seem to have A LOT of negative Si. I only see its dark side in myself, never the good things SJs (and INxPs, probably) seem to gain from it.

I agree that you should make a video though. ESFP's and ISTJ's are VERY different.
    Indeed. Will do
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Huh. I would agree but wrong judging functions and too much distance between them. I don't think inferior Fe could interfere so much with dominant Ti.
    Well, if I was forced to choose between the two options you gave, I would have to go with ISTJ.

However, as for your analysis of Inferior Fe and Dominant Ti, Inferior traits can be quite disruptive - they are not just inferior. Inferior doesn't mean 'not in use', or 'pushed away', or just 'weak'. It means the troublesome aspects of the Fe come out during stressful times. One could say they are the unconscious cause of stress. In a sense, pushing down the inferior function to make room for dominant traits only makes them stronger and more troubling to overall psychological well-being.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Well, if I was forced to choose between the two options you gave, I would have to go with ISTJ.

However, as for your analysis of Inferior Fe and Dominant Ti, Inferior traits can be quite disruptive - they are not just inferior. Inferior doesn't mean 'not in use', or 'pushed away', or just 'weak'. It means the troublesome aspects of the Fe come out during stressful times. One could say they are the unconscious cause of stress. In a sense, pushing down the inferior function to make room for dominant traits only makes them stronger and more troubling to overall psychological well-being.
    Well, if there's enough evidence for Ti-Fe instead, I'll consider it.

"troublesome aspects of the Fe come out during stressful times"
    That may well be true...
    So eat it, you should.

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

your resident asshole

I'm scared of making the wrong decision, so I put off deciding, until that in itself is a decision because I run out of time. I let life happen to me instead of being decisive, and I hate that.
    See, the first sentence to me almost sounds a bit like perfectionism, like a J-type would have...

Hm... idk.

This is a good point. I seem to have A LOT of negative Si. I only see its dark side in myself, never the good things SJs (and INxPs, probably) seem to gain from it.
    I've always been a bit confused with this myself. If you use a function a lot, but it manifests in a negative way... is it part of your type? I have a lot of negative Si (paired with Fe) as well.

Going back to your type... this is a bit long, but this thread by Eric B attempts to figure out your type with temperament in three areas: Affection, Inclusion, and Control. I found it quite interesting. There are links to more detailed descriptions, but a more simplistic table of the temperaments is here: http://www.erictb.info/temperament1.html (It's about a little less than halfway down the page)

All Natural! All Good!

See, the first sentence to me almost sounds a bit like perfectionism, like a J-type would have...
    I see that point as well.

I've always been a bit confused with this myself. If you use a function a lot, but it manifests in a negative way... is it part of your type? I have a lot of negative Si (paired with Fe) as well.
    Yeah, I agree, that is confusing. I wonder if the stress reaction is more telling. A negative function that only manifests during stress means that it's probably your inferior, if it's there all the time then either you are always stressed, or there is some other problem causing one of your main functions to be negative...

Going back to your type... this is a bit long, but this thread by Eric B attempts to figure out your type with temperament in three areas: Affection, Inclusion, and Control. I found it quite interesting. There are links to more detailed descriptions, but a more simplistic table of the temperaments is here: http://www.erictb.info/temperament1.html (It's about a little less than halfway down the page)
    Incidentally I looked at those a while back (in another thread):

Inclusion: Phlegmatic but I'm not at all slow-paced

Control:
    Sanguine-Phlegmatic except that I don't care about being liked
    Choleric but I'm only controlling if others try to control me first (then I'll control them just enough to get them out of my life)
    Phlegmatic-Choleric except I don't desire a lot of recognition

Affection: Phlegmatic-Choleric seemed to fit fairly well.
    I think I had some problems fitting myself to just one of them.
    So eat it, you should.

your resident asshole

Hmm... I was looking at that post and this statement you made sounds Melancholy-Phlegmatic (in control) to me:
    I'm usually very independent and don't want other people intruding on my personal decisions. But if I'm working on something alongside other people, I won't try to take control of all decisions for the entire project. I am fairly collaborative with that.
    Did you look at that chart from the link? It's much easier to digest. Here's a like to just the chart so you don't have to search through all of the text. (If you're in the middle of something, then it's probably a phlegmatic blend).

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/2...eenshottkn.png

All Natural! All Good!

Hmm... I was looking at that post and this statement you made sounds Melancholy-Phlegmatic (in control) to me:

Did you look at that chart from the link? It's much easier to digest. Here's a like to just the chart so you don't have to search through all of the text. (If you're in the middle of something, then it's probably a phlegmatic blend).

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/2...eenshottkn.png
    Thanks for that. I read the descriptions on that website back when I made that post, but I think the chart makes it simpler. I would say Phlegmatic or Melancholy-Phlegmatic yeah. I'll only control other people enough to fight them off, but I find that stressful. I would much rather it be democratic.
    So eat it, you should.

your resident asshole

Hmmm...

Phlegmatic inclusion + Phlegmatic control roughly correlates to INFP
    Phlegmatic inclusion + Melancholy control roughly correlates to ISFJ

All Natural! All Good!

I could be Supine in Inclusion, maybe... lol
    So eat it, you should.