123 Last

MBTI
    TiNe
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Default Could you help me ? *Long post*

Hello,

I’ve read and learnt about the MBTI system and functions lately. All of this is still confusing to me because I don’t trust myself to be so objective that I can truly make a decision about my type right now. Therefore, I need your help. I am not asking you to all agree on the type, I am not making a poll either and deciding that what most people type me as is my real type (I don’t believe in polls and statistics so much, there’s always a possibility of it being wrong). I am just asking for your honest opinion, whether I like it or not, so I could use it as a tool for introspection and make more research about myself (in order to improve, etc.) and perhaps consider this question differently (including, rethinking the way I use the different functions).

First of all, I am sure I am an Introvert and a Thinker, I believe I may be a Judger but I am less sure about this fact. I accepted it mostly from reading description when I first came across the MBTI system and also because I seem to score as a J most of the time.
    I don’t mind you telling me that I am definitely a Feeler or an Extrovert but I will probably not take it into consideration, especially for the “Extrovert” part, that would be extremely ridiculous in my opinion.

So, let’s try to write something clear and unbiased for once. (Barely possible.)

First of all, why am I an Introvert ?
    I like people but I tend to dislike their company. I can’t deal with groups, I am more at ease when talking with only one person.
    I am a bit asocial and either extremely quiet or too talkative. I don’t enjoy small talk unless one has become a close friend (and I only have two close friends, which is more than fine for me) and am apparently seen as arrogant when I start talking because of that.
    I feel exhausted when I am surrounded by people, I have trouble staying awake after an hour among people.
    I deal with children better but I am probably socially immature.

Then, a messy introduction of who I am.
    I suffer from dyspraxia, apparently, this probably mess a bit with my functions. I am face blind, pathologically clumsy, disorganised, have no sense of scales, mostly blind to any form of non verbal communication and may take thing literally though I do use metaphors (unusual ones sometimes, I do write poetry after all) and sarcasm.

I am not an impulsive or spontaneous person, but I do get lost in obsessions quite often (right now, it’s Doctor Who, before it was The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy or Star Wars or Linguistics or Shakespeare or 1984, etc). I have always been rather extreme in my attitude when something catches my interest (like, I’ve seen Men in Black more than 100 times when I was a teenager because my goal was to watch it at least 99 times).
    This is a bit mad and useless, I admit it.

I don’t deal well with feelings though I have learnt to work with mine. I have a great self-control but I do admit that I was extremely emotive as a teenager. I’ve never been good at comforting people or realising their feelings though. I missed the fact that my cousin had depression last year and when I was 12, I tried to comfort my friend who had lost her dog by saying : “Oh, I like dogs” because I thought I was showing compassion.
    She was rather pissed.
    Now, I use logic in order to say what people expect me to say or I use humour to make them feel better.

I am sure I am an unhealthy kind of any type, being insecure, extremely nerdy, shy, inattentive and socially immature.

As I said, I am rather disorganised. My bedroom is a mess, I tend to be hoarder sometimes though I don’t have much possessions, I’m always losing something. I couldn’t work at the university without my laptop because I would always lose important papers and lessons. I am also a compulsive daydreamer, easily distracted, I procrastinate all the time to avoid failure due to a lack of abilities and also because I’m very lazy.
    I have poor spatial and temporal awareness.
    However, I organise random collections (but fail at decorating so it looks ugly), files in my laptop, tea boxes and books. I am also always planning things in my head, more or less depending on what’s on my mind, I also make several scenarios and adjust my plans as time passes.
    And I can’t stand other’s people mess.

If there’s something I might agree with when other people describe me it’s that I am probably narcissistic, arrogant or egotist.
    I literally live in my head, am almost constantly disconnected from the real world. I recreate the world in my mind, I also make random theories and enjoy making up jokes or absurd logic.
    I observe people, try to understand how they interact and what it tells me about the world, the different cultures and perhaps the human nature but don't go past the theories, I can't use my knowledge apparently.

And I should be ashamed to admit that I do find lots of people rather stupid when they do not meet my expectations, mostly those who refuse to wonder about life, take everything for granted (including the fact that “science can explain everything” because I do consider that it says “how” but not “why”), are too emotive and impulsive, are always changing their minds and turning life into drama, those who seem to be only responding to their body functions or those who follow blindly cultural customs.
    I say I value intelligence but have to admit that I am socially dumb and would fail in many subject due to a lack of knowledge or interest, I probably overestimate my intelligence most of the time.

I am extremely dumb in the sense that I can’t guess what’s in people’s head and when they ask me to do something; I need them to explain it properly, in details, or make a list so I won’t forget anything, especially when it’s something I have to do that isn’t one of the things I am good at or requires me to “act” rather than think. However, I am pretty good at working on my own and make my own decisions.

I have many idealistic ideas about the world but I am aware that it cannot be applied to the non idealistic world in which we live, in a way I am in contradiction with myself, being both an idealist and a realist.

I’m still wondering why there is a question about whether we prefer essays or multiple choice questionnaires in some online MBTI test because we all have different reasons for that but I’d say I prefer essays because :
    -we rarely have MCQ in my country,
    -I like to argue and think about something, I don’t like to learn something just to repeat it without any critical thinking,
    -I definitely love debating, even with myself,
    -I think it’s a more intelligent exercise.

What do my close friends think of me ?
    I’m not going to take into consideration other’s people opinion, I don’t really care and I’m rarely honest with them when I don’t feel that they are extremely important to me.
    I could say, though, that my mother and I argue a lot about the fact that I, apparently, “think too much”, “ask myself too many questions and can’t act”, “live in a bubble”, “is too asocial”.

My best friend thinks I am annoyingly intellectual and don’t respond emotionally the way she expects me too, she considers that I am arrogant, somewhat rude and take things too literally because I like words too much (I like to learn about etymology and how words have changed, I miss some of her jokes, criticised a website she loves because it said that people used critical thinking when all they do is saying : “this is rubbish because I don’t like it”). I like to be right and start debating too much and, for God’s sake, I should stop overanalysing everything, it’s irritating !
    However, she enjoys my sense of humour (unusual for a woman, nerdy, witty sometimes) and my weirdness.

My other friend thinks I am definitely not arrogant, that I definitely have feelings, she considers me to be intelligent and interesting though asocial and probably a bit insane. She also considers that I am totally “out of social norms”. She likes my cynicism and sense of humour, doesn’t mind my nerdiness but consider that I am extremely blind to social convention / interactions.

They like the fact that I don’t hold grudge and accept criticism sometimes.

Thank you for reading this extremely long post. It sure is an habit of mine to write too much.

Possible enneagram type : 1 or 5

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Welcome to the forums Inconnue

INTP is probably most likely, perhaps followed by INFP. I see a lot of Ti analyzing in your post, in addition to brainstorming Ne, and what also appears to be inferior Fe. Enneagram wise, you seem like a 5w4, I think.

And as a side note, do you think you might actually have Asperger's Syndrome? It's just that you seem to possess a lot of the traits associated with it, and I personally know about it because I have it myself.

Oberon

I literally live in my head, am almost constantly disconnected from the real world.
    NT alert... NT alert...

MBTI
    TiNe
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Welcome to the forums Inconnue

INTP is probably most likely, perhaps followed by INFP. I see a lot of Ti analyzing in your post, in addition to brainstorming Ne, and what also appears to be inferior Fe. Enneagram wise, you seem like a 5w4, I think.
    Interesting, I usually get I*TJ in tests (but don't really believe in their accuracy), sometimes INTP. Enneagram test results tend to be 5w6. Function tests fluctuate but Ni and Ti are the strongest. I have trouble truly getting the order through reading descriptions because they aren't always the same. Se and Fe are quite weak though. I tend to consider Se to be my weakest function.

I remember that the first time I took the test and tried not to analyse the questions too much, the result was : Ti Te Ni Ne Fi Fe Si Se. The second time, it was Ni Ti Ne Te Fi Si Fe Se. But that's just a test, really.

I always thought I was more some kind of lazy Judger because I am a planner but I do relate with the INTP description sometimes (I've considered it but my friends have read a bit about INTJs and ISTJ and think that I'm more like that sometimes, mostly for the planning and routine part). Also thought I'd be more of a sensor for some reasons because I try to be realistic, am bothered by sensory issues and well, I like to be accurate in certain domains and use / learn facts, evidences, details.
    However, it is true that I am rather inattentive to details and when I have to focus on them, I miss the big picture instead. The thing is, I don't rely on experience but rarely trust my instinct. I don't think I'm incredibly good with patterns or anything.

And as a side note, do you think you might actually have Asperger's Syndrome? It's just that you seem to possess a lot of the traits associated with it, and I personally know about it because I have it myself.
    Never thought about it, as I said, I already have a diagnosis (early childhood) and from what I've read, dyspraxia seems to be close to Asperger's Syndrome sometimes. In any case, I'm sure it makes it more difficult to really guess the type but I'm pretty sure one's type might interfere with the disorder as well (change the way we live with it or are affected by it).
    It makes the connection between the two quite interesting.

I admit I have trouble understanding the differences between Ni-Te and Ne-Ti (not much with Se and Si).

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Welcome to the forum. I drank too much wine already to read all the text but wanted to say hello
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by Inconnue
    Interesting, I usually get I*TJ in tests (but don't really believe in their accuracy), sometimes INTP. Enneagram test results tend to be 5w6. Function tests fluctuate but Ni and Ti are the strongest. I have trouble truly getting the order through reading descriptions because they aren't always the same. Se and Fe are quite weak though. I tend to consider Se to be my weakest function.
    Well, it is important to be skeptical of tests, as they cannot perfectly lead you to what your type is, only give you an idea of where it may be. Also, dichotomy tests are completely different than function tests, as they're both different personality systems, so there shouldn't be any surprise if you score INTJ under one yet INTP under another. Also, strong use of NI and Ti with weak Se would be an indication of INFJ, although you also claim to have weak Fe, hm...

I remember that the first time I took the test and tried not to analyse the questions too much, the result was : Ti Te Ni Ne Fi Fe Si Se. The second time, it was Ni Ti Ne Te Fi Si Fe Se. But that's just a test, really.
    wow, that would basically make you a near cross between INTJ and INTP

I always thought I was more some kind of lazy Judger because I am a planner but I do relate with the INTP description sometimes (I've considered it but my friends have read a bit about INTJs and ISTJ and think that I'm more like that sometimes, mostly for the planning and routine part). Also thought I'd be more of a sensor for some reasons because I try to be realistic, am bothered by sensory issues and well, I like to be accurate in certain domains and use / learn facts, evidences, details.
    However, it is true that I am rather inattentive to details and when I have to focus on them, I miss the big picture instead. The thing is, I don't rely on experience but rarely trust my instinct. I don't think I'm incredibly good with patterns or anything.
    Well being a judger doesn't mean you have to be an organized neat freak, rather you look towards the outer world with more structure. Also, from what you mentioned about being an Si, seems like that could just be some T + Si/Se or something of that sort.

Never thought about it, as I said, I already have a diagnosis (early childhood) and from what I've read, dyspraxia seems to be close to Asperger's Syndrome sometimes. In any case, I'm sure it makes it more difficult to really guess the type but I'm pretty sure one's type might interfere with the disorder as well (change the way we live with it or are affected by it).
    It makes the connection between the two quite interesting.
    Just thought I would mention it since you do also seem to possess some other traits of Aspergers, although I do agree, both Aspergers and Dyspraxia can make the process of discovering type slightly more difficult.

I admit I have trouble understanding the differences between Ni-Te and Ne-Ti (not much with Se and Si).
    Ni conceptualizes ideas independent of outside influence from the external world. Ni forsees possibilities, invisions what will happen, it comes to sudden realizations when it 'sees' the big picture. Te is about external logic; it systemizes, organizes, and influences the outer portions of the world to be more efficiently and act objectively logical.

Ne is more concerned with brainstorming, playing with random ideas, or creating theories. Ne is all about 'what if' or I wonder if x is y, what do you guys think?' kind of thinking. Ti is about analyzing stuff, categorizing data, and working off independently frameworks of logic. Ti is presicely logical and concerned with consitency and validity.

This is also why INTJ's are sometimes stereotyped as chess master and INTP's are stereotyped as philosophers; the chess master forsees what an opponent will do and acts in the most efficient manner possible to win, while the philosophy analyzes the shit out of everything while building logical theories to the world in the process.

MBTI
    TiNe
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Thank you for the description, it makes more sense to me. I would be more of a Ti-Ne user then... and stereotypically, I've been consider "a little philosopher" since I was seven (though, what people mean by that is mostly : you ask yourself questions we would never have thought about).

The function tests are probably wrong, I can see various way of interpreting or considering the questions which can change dramatically my answers. I am mostly disturbed by the fact that most answers seem to indicate strong and unique abilities while I'm rather ordinary and really don't think I could claim to be some kind of genius.

I know two different tests on the Internet.

This morning, one tells me that I use :
    Ni Ne Ti Te Fi Fe Si Se
    (Which, to work properly, would make me an ENTP, I think).

The other doesn't seem to agree :
    Ti Fi Te Ne Si Ni Fe Se

The more I take these tests, the stranger the results become (and I've never score so high on Fi) !

I guess it'd be easier to try to analyse them by myself but I am not sure about my objectivity.
    I can relate to most functions except Fe (which seems to be more traditional and seeking harmony and relationships than Fi) and Se (especially Se).

And I used to wish I was an INFJ, that'd be lovely (INF* seem to be amazing when healthy), I tried many times to be a Feeler when I was younger (on tests) because all of my friends were feelers (hello peer pressure, though I was proud to be a thinker at first) but I fit the stereotype of the thinker.
    And I've made my mind on the F/T part, had time to analyse it and it was rather easy.
    Even when I engage in some artistic activity, I use logic (after and a bit during the composition, I mostly start on impulse), analyse my work, change it according to my knowledge and what I want to do, have fun with the structure, etc. I don't believe in artists being driven only by instinct and emotions (though I'm sure not all Fs think that way).

Perhaps I am just extremely unbalanced.

Thank you, entropie.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Hmmm, I smell INTP. However, no need to rush to a definitive diagnosis. Chances are things will become clearer as you hang around on the forum and observe other people and types.

Oh, and welcome!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

This test will tell you what your preferred function is. test
    But yes, it sounds like you're mostly intp. Do you have a psychiatric or GP diagnosis such as Aspberger's Syndrome or something? And which tests tell you about Ni Ne Ti Te Fi Fe Si Se? Do you think it's impossible to be a mixed type?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by Inconnue
    Thank you for the description, it makes more sense to me. I would be more of a Ti-Ne user then... and stereotypically, I've been consider "a little philosopher" since I was seven (though, what people mean by that is mostly : you ask yourself questions we would never have thought about).

The function tests are probably wrong, I can see various way of interpreting or considering the questions which can change dramatically my answers. I am mostly disturbed by the fact that most answers seem to indicate strong and unique abilities while I'm rather ordinary and really don't think I could claim to be some kind of genius.

I know two different tests on the Internet.

This morning, one tells me that I use :
    Ni Ne Ti Te Fi Fe Si Se
    (Which, to work properly, would make me an ENTP, I think).

The other doesn't seem to agree :
    Ti Fi Te Ne Si Ni Fe Se

The more I take these tests, the stranger the results become (and I've never score so high on Fi) !

I guess it'd be easier to try to analyse them by myself but I am not sure about my objectivity.
    I can relate to most functions except Fe (which seems to be more traditional and seeking harmony and relationships than Fi) and Se (especially Se).
    Don't take the tests too seriously, they cannot soley determine your type for you, only you yourself, and to a lesser ectent, those that know you well can properly type you. What I mean by this is that there are some things about you personality that you meay not even be aware of, but others are; you may percieve yourself as something different than what you are on the outside yet, thus other people may be able to know who you are on the outside. I addition though, there are some things about who you are on the inside, the way you think and feel, that are only known to you; thus a certain aspect of yourself can only be typed by yourself. Now this doesn't have to fully apply to everyone, it just depends on who objectively you can see yourself, and how subjectively you can know yourself.

Thus when you read about the functions (here's a site that describes them real well: http://www.bestfittype.com/cognitiveprocesses.html), you must think about each and determine which ones who actively use in life and which ones you do not. Then your true type will be more clear to you.

And I used to wish I was an INFJ, that'd be lovely (INF* seem to be amazing when healthy), I tried many times to be a Feeler when I was younger (on tests) because all of my friends were feelers (hello peer pressure, though I was proud to be a thinker at first) but I fit the stereotype of the thinker.
    And I've made my mind on the F/T part, had time to analyse it and it was rather easy.
    Even when I engage in some artistic activity, I use logic (after and a bit during the composition, I mostly start on impulse), analyse my work, change it according to my knowledge and what I want to do, have fun with the structure, etc. I don't believe in artists being driven only by instinct and emotions (though I'm sure not all Fs think that way).

Perhaps I am just extremely unbalanced.
    You should be careful not to act like someone you're not; by changing who you truly are to meet the social similarities of peers or to become what yoo dream of, then you are not being true to yourself and you will never know your true type. For example I thought that because I was so analytical that I was INTP, but it wasn't until later that I realized being slightly analytical does not mean I was a Ti dom, rather I was always much more of an aloof guy on the outside, yet I on the inside I was guided more by my feelings and values. Whether my Aspergers or being a male or having good Ti use influenced my thought of me as INTP I am not sure . That said, it is quite possible that you are a somewhat unbalanced type, in that you could easily be on of the NT's.

I hope my information was of use to you.