User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    TiNe
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

[QUOTE=mal12345;1555807]This test will tell you what your preferred function is. test[QUOTE]
    T-N-S-F

Do you have a psychiatric or GP diagnosis such as Aspberger's Syndrome or something?
    As I said before, dyspraxia. Asperger's Syndrome isn't something you can get easily diagnosed with in my country anyway so I'll stick with the dyspraxia diagnosis. ^^

And which tests tell you about Ni Ne Ti Te Fi Fe Si Se?
    Here.
    And here.

But I don't consider them to be extremely accurate, well, most tests aren't because they don't really take into consideraton subjectivity, paradox, the complexity of one and aren't extremely clear.

Do you think it's impossible to be a mixed type?
    I think personality is extremely complex and I definetely think that one can be more or less in a grey area, the main functions (E/I - S/N - T/F - J/P) are obvious preferences in human beings but I think we tend more to one side or another but are on a spectrum therefore some people may be right in the middle. I don't really take the MBTI system for granted, I'm interested in it and how it works and it definitely works well with some people (my mother is a textbook case of her own type, she's one of the rare obvious one).

However, I do like the categories, it can be a useful tool to understand oneself better, mainly understand how we change, use our preferences or try to learn something else, etc. It seems more useful in this regard to correspond to a category.

I am... rather uncertain because I have a desire to understand the system, accept it and find my type to progress but I still can't take it for granted and think it's a bit too manichean sometimes (though most people I've talked with explained that we learn how to use other functions while still having our preferences which means we do have a real type).

I think I'm a bit stereotypical sometimes, I can easily fall into other unrelated and uninteresting categories like "nerd", so why not a type ?

EDIT : Sorry SavageIdealist, I hadn't read your post when I wrote this, I was watching Doctor Who and forgot to send my message. I've read a lot about the different functions, I'm still trying to understand how they apply to me which is why I take test in between. I no longer try to copy people, I try to be better but true to myself because I felt aweful copying others and it didn't work at all.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by Inconnue
    EDIT : Sorry SavageIdealist, I hadn't read your post when I wrote this, I was watching Doctor Who and forgot to send my message. I've read a lot about the different functions, I'm still trying to understand how they apply to me which is why I take test in between. I no longer try to copy people, I try to be better but true to myself because I felt aweful copying others and it didn't work at all.
    That's ok, you don't have to respond to my post immediately plus who wouldn't be distracted by Doctor Who (which I need to start watching myself btw ). It's good to know though, that you no longer copy others and stay true to who you are

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

[QUOTE=Inconnue;1555922][QUOTE=mal12345;1555807]This test will tell you what your preferred function is. test
    T-N-S-F

As I said before, dyspraxia. Asperger's Syndrome isn't something you can get easily diagnosed with in my country anyway so I'll stick with the dyspraxia diagnosis. ^^

Here.
    And here.

But I don't consider them to be extremely accurate, well, most tests aren't because they don't really take into consideraton subjectivity, paradox, the complexity of one and aren't extremely clear.

I think personality is extremely complex and I definetely think that one can be more or less in a grey area, the main functions (E/I - S/N - T/F - J/P) are obvious preferences in human beings but I think we tend more to one side or another but are on a spectrum therefore some people may be right in the middle. I don't really take the MBTI system for granted, I'm interested in it and how it works and it definitely works well with some people (my mother is a textbook case of her own type, she's one of the rare obvious one).

However, I do like the categories, it can be a useful tool to understand oneself better, mainly understand how we change, use our preferences or try to learn something else, etc. It seems more useful in this regard to correspond to a category.

I am... rather uncertain because I have a desire to understand the system, accept it and find my type to progress but I still can't take it for granted and think it's a bit too manichean sometimes (though most people I've talked with explained that we learn how to use other functions while still having our preferences which means we do have a real type).

I think I'm a bit stereotypical sometimes, I can easily fall into other unrelated and uninteresting categories like "nerd", so why not a type ?
    Thanks for the links, I'll check them out.

I didn't see dyspraxia as something I could work with in determining personality type. Aspberger's people probably fall within a certain range of type. But that only goes for Aspberger's people I've met, I don't know of any correlations study between Aspberger's and typology. And anyway, Aspberger's is not considered in the USA to be a valid diagnosis anymore, it is simply referred to as high-level or functional autism.

I'm happy to see you're not set on the MBTI which I see as little better than the personality tests found in Cosmo magazine. They're fun to take, but they have limited usefulness. The MBTI's rise in popularity can be explained by the fact that it was first (if you don't count ancient Greek typology), and it has some addictive quality about it.

As for your mother's type, perhaps she is a less complex person, such as extraverts tend to be, then she will be more readily typecast. What you see is what you get pretty much defines the extraverts, in a sense. The simple advice to "Live, love, laugh" is an especially true descriptor of the Fe.

By "manichean" are you referring to dichotomies? These are a simplistic route to type-casting. It is part of what makes the MBTI so addicting, and it is also part of what makes the MBTI, in theory, invalid as a whole. I say "in theory" because it's not to say the stereotypes (such as your mother) don't exist. There are enough of them out there to give the MBTI the semblance of validity and truth.

But one of the hazards of the MBTI is that we can waste years of our lives navel-gazing the question as to why our own personalities don't seem to fit into the system while others seem to mesh quite well with it. Why can't we belong too? Perhaps we went searching for an answer to ourselves, such as the MBTI, and only found ourselves burdened with more questions, frustrated that it didn't work as well for us as it did for others, and waste more years "peeling the onion" to find out what went wrong. But in fact, it might be the MBTI that went wrong, and our belief in the MBTI is based on the shallow assumption that what finds popularity in society is necessarily true.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    TiNe
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

You took the words right out of my mouth.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Inconnue View Post
    You took the words right out of my mouth.
    I can't argue with that.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Looks like you and I are on similar boats and are similar personality-wise, though not completely.

You said:
    I like people but I tend to dislike their company. I can’t deal with groups, I am more at ease when talking with only one person.
    I am a bit asocial and either extremely quiet or too talkative.
    For me, I like people and I enjoy their company (as long as they aren't unfriendly), but my thing is I usually never proactively seek for socialization with anyone other than my close friends. A large part of this has a lot to do with the fact that I'm socially awkward and uncomfortable around people I don't know well. But I'll never turn down anyone who wants to talk to me or be my friend. I suppose you could say I am a passive socializer.

You said:
    I don’t enjoy small talk unless one has become a close friend (and I only have two close friends, which is more than fine for me) and am apparently seen as arrogant when I start talking because of that.
    I also dislike small talk, and this is in large part because I find it boring and I don't know how to do it since I've never had much of need of using it growing up because I hardly ever socialized outside my social group.

You said:
    I feel exhausted when I am surrounded by people, I have trouble staying awake after an hour among people.
    This is true for me when I'm around a crowd of people. For example, when I had to go to church with my family on Easter and all the people were standing and singing along to the gospel music, I found it exhausting while most everyone else there seemed to get energy from it.

You said:
    I am not an impulsive or spontaneous person, but I do get lost in obsessions quite often [...].
    So do I!

You said:
    As I said, I am rather disorganised. My bedroom is a mess, I tend to be hoarder sometimes though I don’t have much possessions, I’m always losing something. I couldn’t work at the university without my laptop because I would always lose important papers and lessons. I am also a compulsive daydreamer, easily distracted, I procrastinate all the time to avoid failure due to a lack of abilities and also because I’m very lazy.
    I am also always planning things in my head, more or less depending on what’s on my mind, I also make several scenarios and adjust my plans as time passes.
    This is also true for me (for the most part). I always find the last dichotomy to be hardest to type for myself with MBTI.

You said:
    And I should be ashamed to admit that I do find lots of people rather stupid when they do not meet my expectations, mostly those who refuse to wonder about life, take everything for granted (including the fact that “science can explain everything” because I do consider that it says “how” but not “why”), are too emotive and impulsive, are always changing their minds and turning life into drama, those who seem to be only responding to their body functions or those who follow blindly cultural customs.
    Now this... I cannot relate to. I don't tend to get upset over incompetence as much as some people. And I have genuine concern for everyone. I probably have more Fe than you. :P

What I find annoying is when people try to cling to old, outdated, "traditional" values and beliefs, like the religious zealots, the right-wingers, the "fundamentalists," etc. and when people can't let go of grudges/become vindictive/vengeful/are unforgiving/are spiteful/hateful/are intolerant or prejudicative. It is a egocentric and "insular" way of viewing things. People like that can't think outside of themselves and outside of society's rules, labels, and judgment. I mean, really, why should someone be lost forever? Why can something be unforgivable? Why is something not "traditional" "bad?" People make mistakes, people are misguided, people are different, things change.

A good example of this is when the 'Roaring '20's' saw some radical view change. The "fundamentalists" got upset because people were deviating from old, "traditional" values. They disliked any differing views (which, I can be stubborn sometimes, but I am accepting of others'), such as evolution or liberality. They disliked foreigners. They dislike blacks. They disliked pacifists/communists/anarchists. They disliked atheists (*shakes head* those Christian, Protestant literalists). They disliked womans' rights movements (this one I especially can't stand). I mean, what the hell?

You said:
    I have many idealistic ideas about the world but I am aware that it cannot be applied to the non idealistic world in which we live, in a way I am in contradiction with myself, being both an idealist and a realist.
    Well, I wouldn't say that I'm an 'idealist' in that I always thinking about how the world could be better, but I am rather annoyed at the poor ethical development (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kohlber...al_development) of the right-wingers of the world. I dislike hatred and vengeance, and basically the right-wing mantra.

You said:
    I’m still wondering why there is a question about whether we prefer essays or multiple choice questionnaires in some online MBTI test because we all have different reasons for that but I’d say I prefer essays because:
    - I like to argue and think about something, I don’t like to learn something just to repeat it without any critical thinking
    Interesting... I personally prefer multiple choice by a long shot because it is very hard for me to come up with writing and putting my thoughts into words. Really, it takes me days to finish high school research essays. I mean, I like to argue too, but it's hard for me to organize it into words, if that makes sense. My teachers say it is because I lack creativity, which is true, I do.

As for Enneagram, I have either tested 4w5 or 6w5. :P

If anyone can help type me, please comment on my thread 'My Typology?'!

MBTI
    TiNe
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

You mostly show that you are Introvert.

Unlike you, I wouldn't say that I am annoyed by the poor ethical development but I do value Reason as an ideal of the mankind and I'm rather annoyed by people who do not think out of their emotions and needs or traditional convention to wonder about ethic and find their own values (though reading philosophy and learning about religion can help).
    I lack ethic in some aspect of my life (mostly in my curiosity) but I consider that "acting freely" without thinking or have moral values is completely stupid and show a lack of critical thinking or at least common sense (and a ridiculous tendency to become the slave of one's own passions).

I'm also annoyed by the fact that people think either that the world is better now (freedom, etc when it's actually another kind of slavery and humans tend to go to an extreme to another) or worse (of course, we didn't live in the past therefore, it must have been so much better), they concentrate only on the way they feel about the world as it is now and what they hear and respond to when there are so many things to take into account.

I've read that in another post :

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    That is actually quite useful information because I've read questions referring to things like that on personality tests. Daydreaming about winning an award someday etc. is a helpful typological trait to know about. I'm grateful you didn't delete it.

Different types engage in daydreams like that, and while they all do it for an escape, some types are more interested in the intensity of emotion gotten out of the experience than others. For some types it is just a way of spacing-out. The content of the daydream makes a difference too, of course. Some daydream about poetry and philosophy, others have daydreams like yours that are more focused on a fantasies about real things, such as an S would have.
    It's interesting.

Most of the time, I have three kinds of fantasies I guess :

TYPE 1 -conversation with people (imaginary or not, I use real people's way of thinking and reacting to change the debate and make it more interesting). It's mostly a debate (sometimes a pretend game which become a mix between type 1 and type 3) about something I use to analyse many different aspect of, it can be anything from a tv programme to a question like the meaning of life or liberty.
    TYPE 2 -conversation with myself : aka pondering about something
    TYPE 3 -fictional world, imagining the future (future career or future of the universe) or another planet - I have a very complex inner world. I mostly use this one to fall asleep because the two other types keeps me awake.

During social activities, I also make various scenarios and conversations in my head according to what's going on when I observe. I may do it as well when I actually interact.

When I'm stressed, I tend to concentrate on what is about to happen in real life and that's how I consider future events and plan things.
    Feel no shame for what you are...

INTP
    5w4 or 5w6 sp/so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Unlike you, I wouldn't say that I am annoyed by the poor ethical development but I do value Reason as an ideal of the mankind and I'm rather annoyed by people who do not think out of their emotions and needs or traditional convention to wonder about ethic and find their own values (though reading philosophy and learning about religion can help).
    So wait, you don't care for the unfair/mis-treatment of humans?!? That's what poor ethical development leads to!

I'm not sure what you mean by the second part though when you say, "...but I do value [r]eason..."...

MBTI
    TiNe
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Hum... There's something wrong with my sentence now that I'm reading it again, I don't get its meaning.

What I mean, I think, is that, the world is and has always been rather unethical, ideally it wouldn't be because we'd be reasonnable (no need for laws and rules, non destructive anarchy) but though I have an ideal, I'm not really annoyed by reality, I accept it as a different world from my ideal (and there is also the possibility that things would be purely unethical).

In real life, I'm mostly annoyed by the fact that people don't think, and I am not talking about feelers vs thinkers, my brother is a thinker (and is somewhat intelligent) and has no critical thinking but do follow traditional values.

I am not really annoyed when someone lacks ethical values when they are questionning ethics and traditions to find their own values, I hope (because I may seem cynic but I am rather optimistic) that it will lead to making the right decisions at least when it comes to some values (harming / killing others is extremely stupid when you think about it because it's not hard to know that you would probably not like it for example).

But as for the unfair treatment of humans, I am not sure honestly, I think there's something in the human nature (instincts, we are animals) that lead us to violence and everything (or almost) screams "survival of the fittest" and "I want to be powerful".

I'm not saying that it's good, ideally it wouldn't be like that, but that's the way it is and I guess there's some balancing act between good and evil which makes it innevitable. When we think about it, nobody's ever been able to truly change this fact, everything is unfair in reality because we are not really equals.

I am annoyed by individual who don't try to think and understand most by the way the world is as a whole, probably because they are closer to the reality I see and it's harder to be detached from this fact. And I am really annoyed by people who believe they are moral beings because they are religious/follow the rules/are traditional but didn't even questionned what they believe in.

I mean, first, to be concerned about / annoyed by the poor ethical development, we should define ethics, define why it is poorly developed, probably compared between different ideologies/possibilities/eras, ponder about the human nature and how/why we consider certain values, etc. Because ethics are mostly defined through cultural values, even when we generalise them, perhaps there it is acceptable to treat people differently to some extent, then we'd have to define to which extent and why we think that way.
    I can't be truly annoyed by what we could call a/the poor ethical development because I need to define it first and because I don't seem to be troubled by the fact that reality is different from my ideal, I've seen many people be sad because of this though.

I don't think it means that I have no values, perhaps I lack a bit in the ethical department but I do have principles, I just somehow think the world doesn't need to be like this, and it makes it more interesting to question/observe and analyse by the way. With this, I can wonder why people act this way, what they think, why is the world like that, what other possibilities exist and all of this makes me happy because I have something to think about.
    Feel no shame for what you are...

INTP
    5w4 or 5w6 sp/so

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Yeah, you're definitely an INTx of some sort, and I'd know for certain judging by your last post, except I suck at deciphering whether or not you are using Ti/Fe or Te/Fi, sorry