• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what's my enneagram?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm confident that I'm Sp but I always test as a 5 yet not knowing a lot about enneagram I'm not sure how correct that is, and none of the descriptions actually fit my personality. I'll try to think after coffee and tell you more, or just ask questions and i will answer best to my ability.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
at first glance and based off of previous comments, you look like a 4w5

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
describe your personality for us? :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
uh uh uh uh well I'm nice I do value logic most of the time over emotions. I believe it's not what I want or need, it's what the world wants or needs. Me I don't matter in the big scheme of things. As a result people sometimes takes advantage of me. My emotions while I have them I don't like to act on unless I have proof that they make sense. I'm quiet, I do have a nice dispostion, I hide my emotions easily. I fear if I become an idiot no one will like me anymore, but same thing if I become fat. I have a way of letting people think they know me and are close to me, when they actually know very little, People tend to open up to me, because I don't judge and I listen. is that good. I have a very dry sense of humor that only the people closest to me see. I hate school, but love learning anything I can get my hands on. I get anxious and nervous and general don't trust new people.

B

brainheart

Based on that little blurb you sound far more nine-like than four. Maybe six? Check out the parental orientation thread. Curious what you come up with on that.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
hmmm maybe, I'll think about it but there's defiently things in the description I relate to.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
uh uh uh uh well I'm nice I do value logic most of the time over emotions. I believe it's not what I want or need, it's what the world wants or needs. Me I don't matter in the big scheme of things. As a result people sometimes takes advantage of me. My emotions while I have them I don't like to act on unless I have proof that they make sense. I'm quiet, I do have a nice dispostion, I hide my emotions easily. I fear if I become an idiot no one will like me anymore, but same thing if I become fat. I have a way of letting people think they know me and are close to me, when they actually know very little, People tend to open up to me, because I don't judge and I listen. is that good. I have a very dry sense of humor that only the people closest to me see. I hate school, but love learning anything I can get my hands on. I get anxious and nervous and general don't trust new people.

Sounds 5 to me. I see both wings.

<i think you are a 5. But to start with 4, 5, 6 and 9 wich have been quoted, how do you relate on what is below?

Type Four: The Romantic

Basic Proposition: Others enjoy the happiness that I have been denied.

Habitual Focus of Attention: "Best" is what's absent.

Vice/Virtue: Envy/Equanimity

What "Romantics" observe about themselves:

•There is a constant longing for the missing ingredient for personal happiness;

•Their focus is on the best of what's missing, what’s distant, and what's hard to get; the ordinary pales by comparison

•Their relationships are characterized by a "push/pull" pattern

•There is a deeply felt abandonment that translates into a belief that "I am fatally flawed."

•"Romanitics" feel special and elite. Their suffering sets them apart from others.

[youtube=t3_ITfz-aao]Type 4[/youtube]

Type Five: The Observer

Basic Proposition: Love and respect are gained by practicing self-sufficiency.

Habitual Focus of Attention: What others want from me.

Vice/Virtue: Avarice/Detachment

What "Observers" tell us about themselves:

•They have a marked need for privacy;

•They limit intrusion from a world that wants too much from them;

•"Observers" hoard time, space, energy, knowledge, and themselves;

•They detach from feelings and observe rather than participate;

•They are minimalists

[youtube=OKHAxnM3wuM]Type 5[/youtube]

Type Six: The Loyal Skeptic

Basic Proposition: Love and protection are gained by vigilance and endurance.

Habitual Focus of Attention: Threat, hazard, difficulties

Vice/Virtue: Fear/Courage

What "Loyal Skeptics" tell us about themselves:

They are preoccupied with "worst case" thinking

•They greet everything with a doubting, questioning mind; are contrary thinkers;

•They self-sabotage to avoid success
•
•Procrastinate
•
•Have difficulty completing projects
•
•Are members of the loyal opposition

[youtube=WqXjvs4APuI]Type 6[/youtube]

Type Nine: The Mediator

Basic Proposition: Belonging and comfort are gained by attending to and merging with others and by dispersing energy into substitute objects.

Habitual Focus of Attention: The inessential and the agenda of others.

Vice/Virtue: Sloth/Right Action

What "Mediators" tell us about themselves:

•They are peacemakers and mediators, seeing all sides to every issue;

•They avoid conflict by merging with the other

•They have difficulty saying "no";

•They are ambivalent about their own needs and wants;

•They "go along to get along";

[youtube=C7P7NTIJHFk]Type 9[/youtube]

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Sounds 5 to me. I see both wings.

<i think you are a 5. But to start with 4, 5, 6 and 9 wich have been quoted, how do you relate on what is below?

Type Four: The Romantic

Basic Proposition: Others enjoy the happiness that I have been denied.

Habitual Focus of Attention: "Best" is what's absent.

Vice/Virtue: Envy/Equanimity

What "Romantics" observe about themselves:

•There is a constant longing for the missing ingredient for personal happiness; no

•Their focus is on the best of what's missing, what’s distant, and what's hard to get; the ordinary pales by comparisonno

•Their relationships are characterized by a "push/pull" pattern yes

•There is a deeply felt abandonment that translates into a belief that "I am fatally flawed." sometimes, but not all the time only when I'm stressed

•"Romanitics" feel special and elite. Their suffering sets them apart from others. fuck that I'm no more special than joe blow

[youtube=t3_ITfz-aao]Type 4[/youtube]

Type Five: The Observer

Basic Proposition: Love and respect are gained by practicing self-sufficiency. yup

Habitual Focus of Attention: What others want from me.yes

Vice/Virtue: Avarice/Detachment

What "Observers" tell us about themselves:

•They have a marked need for privacy;totally

•They limit intrusion from a world that wants too much from them;yup

•"Observers" hoard time, space, energy, knowledge, and themselves;I can, but if someone really needs something I'll drop everything and help them

•They detach from feelings and observe rather than participate; yup

•They are minimalistsI guess, I do have a lot of stuff I collected of the years because at the time it served a need, and now can't get rid of it because you never know

[youtube=OKHAxnM3wuM]Type 5[/youtube]

Type Six: The Loyal Skeptic

Basic Proposition: Love and protection are gained by vigilance and endurance. i'm not sure

Habitual Focus of Attention: Threat, hazard, difficulties yes

Vice/Virtue: Fear/Courage

What "Loyal Skeptics" tell us about themselves:

They are preoccupied with "worst case" thinkingyes, but I found being a pessism actually equals happiness because your hopes never get crushed

•They greet everything with a doubting, questioning mind; are contrary thinkers; I rarely take things at face value well sometimes, depends on how well i know the person and other factors

•They self-sabotage to avoid successthe way I see it is I'll feel worse if I try and still fail than even try at all
•
•Procrastinate who doesn't
•
•Have difficulty completing projects yup
•
•Are members of the loyal opposition not really

[youtube=WqXjvs4APuI]Type 6[/youtube]

Type Nine: The Mediator

Basic Proposition: Belonging and comfort are gained by attending to and merging with others and by dispersing energy into substitute objects.

Habitual Focus of Attention: The inessential and the agenda of others.yup

Vice/Virtue: Sloth/Right Action

What "Mediators" tell us about themselves:

•They are peacemakers and mediators, seeing all sides to every issue; I use to i''ve become blind recently though (metaphorically)

•They avoid conflict by merging with the other yup

•They have difficulty saying "no";yes

•They are ambivalent about their own needs and wants;I can be

•They "go along to get along"; been my MO since I was 3

[youtube=C7P7NTIJHFk]Type 9[/youtube]

hope this helps i put my response in bold.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That seems to confirm 5. 5s avoid to be invade by others people's need wich could drain an energy usable for their own priorities, while 9s merge with other people's needs to avoid their own priorities.

Starry

I always saw you as a 5...but I couldn't guess as to what wing. Probably 6?
I don't know enough about enneagram to try and determine what others are (there are a lot of people on this site that are really great at that)...but the fact that you actually stood out to me as a 5...well I was hoping it would be somewhat helpful to hear that.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i've thought of you as an e45 sx/sp for as long as i've read your posts, particularly based on the threads you author in which you describe being frustraited and easily upset, triggered by factors difficult to understand, unresolved psychological trauma, but i also think that among mbti intuitives, feelers with that sexual component in their first slot are more prone to behavior you've exhibited than others because that's where the energy flows. maybe your family has a noted estj predominance?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think I can see 9 in you Purplcknz at all, go with 5 and let it sit for half a year to see if it fits right.