User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: Type Me!

Perhaps. At this point, I'm going to try tossing the profiles (which I hate anyway) and just hopping into NF subforum. I'll see which resonates better.

Edit: There's a fair possibility of my being INFP. One of my big problems with it is feeling like I'm being shoved into this box of some weak, foofy, angelic being; and that's not me at all. I definitely view things through the lens of how stuff makes me feel. I would say, however, that if I am INFP, I'm a social, loud, sometimes energetic and distractable version.

Double post!

Actually, at this point, I'm beginning to doubt INFP, even ENFP. Even looking at what people in these forums have posted to describe the types, they don't fully resonate. I come across INFP descrips and go, "What the hell is this???", and that's if it isn't too abstract for me to understand in the first place. Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree here.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Lysethe View Post
    Double post!

Actually, at this point, I'm beginning to doubt INFP, even ENFP. Even looking at what people in these forums have posted to describe the types, they don't fully resonate. I come across INFP descrips and go, "What the hell is this???", and that's if it isn't too abstract for me to understand in the first place. Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree here.
    I'd be a little skeptical of which descriptions you read, although if the INFP anf ENFP ones don't work, which ones do?

Also, from the videos, uh, ISFP or ESFP seem more likely, but FP something. Enneagram results in the enneagram thread.

EDIT: also, I'm surprised, I didn't know you were a cute girl

EDIT: still currently watching the vid, ISFP is probably very likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    I'd be a little skeptical of which descriptions you read, although if the INFP anf ENFP ones don't work, which ones do?
    None as of yet.

Also, from the videos, uh, ISFP or ESFP seem more likely, but FP something. Enneagram results in the enneagram thread.

EDIT: also, I'm surprised, I didn't know you were a cute girl
    Thanks on both counts. ^_^

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Lysethe View Post
    None as of yet.
    Maybe it's not the content of the descriptions, but the nature of the descriptions themsleves that you should be skeptical of.

Thanks on both counts. ^_^
    Sure thing

Maybe it's not the content of the descriptions, but the nature of the descriptions themsleves that you should be skeptical of.
    What do you mean? I find most of them to not quite fit, whatever the source.

Also:

MBTypeChart.doc

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I mean that descriptions in general tend to be crappy in quality, describing a vauge group of people far too specifically and untruthfully. Basically, when I try to find out about my type, or another person type, I focus only on the functions at hand and how they are set up, anything else isn't worth consideration.

Hm. Going by the functions, I am undecided between Se and Ne. I doubt either is my dominant function. However, while I do have a value system I may bitch-slap others for violating, I don't relate to the nonjudgmental, humanistic focus of Fi. Like the idea of the bully who's just trying to fulfill an unmet need... I'm probably not going to look that closely. I identify with some aspects of Fe, namely in focusing on relational distance and using certain factors to determine someone's level of attachment to me. And I think I may need to do a function write-up. Urgh.