Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by Lysethe
    That was in reference to the extroversion comment. Guess I should've split it after all. But yes, I'm considering sx.
    Ah I see

Any other confusions concerning your type at all? If you don't mind me asking, I like to be thorough.

Bless you. I was wondering where to find info on the functions (dominant, auxiliary, tertiary, etc).

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by Lysethe
    Bless you.
    Oh thank you

I was wondering where to find info on the functions (dominant, auxiliary, tertiary, etc).
    Check out this site: http://typelogic.com/

For each type there's a description of our the functions work for that particualr type. This site has the same set up as well:

http://www.personalitypage.com/

Hope that helps

Thanks! Typelogic hasn't been that helpful in the past, but The Personality Page is pretty good. One frustrating trend I've noticed is that Perceiver =/= "controlling"; that trait is given to Judgers. I can grasp why they feel that way, but it doesn't help people like me.

I'm working on a (much) longer reply.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Yeah, I tend to ignore absolutes without good reasoning or evidence, thus Perceiver =/= controlling is bullshit.

I look forward to your longer reply and thoughts to your function order

I found a link to the Lenore Thompson wiki in another thread. Are these definitions relevant to the typology, or are they more of an offshoot?

Edit: Here is the page. http://greenlightwiki.com/lenore-exe...hical_Exegesis

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

From what I understand, I thnk these are simply the functions taken from a philosophical point of view. I think they should be worthy of consideration, but that's only my opinion of them, someone else with a greater threshold of knowledge would need to verify if these descriptions are worth consideration.

Update:

I've been reading the childhood dominant function profiles to some of my family. My mother and sister identify best with ISJ and EFJ so far, which leads me to suspect xSFJ. If I had to choose, I'd say ESFJ for Mom and ISFJ for my sister. Surprisingly, it's between EFJ and ESP for my brother; I'd always pegged him as ESxP. No typing for my father yet. He tested ENTJ back in the day, but I'd like to triple-check 'cause I'm like that.

I believe I've eliminated ESFP from the running. I can't really identify with the "act first, think later" mindset. As I've mentioned before, I tend toward actively ignoring potential consequences, not toward never considering them to begin with. I am very much into gratifying my senses, but is there really a reason why an N cannot be that way?

One thing I really cannot identify with in the ENFP (and maybe INFP?) description is the whole "highly perceptive of character and motives" thing. I feel like I am naturally very trusting; how else could I have been so very gullible as a child? Also, the whole (INFP) "greater good/Human Condition" line: bleagh. Makes me wanna gag.

I also think it is worth noting that I can be excessively anal retentive and prone to organizing stuff; however, I'm fairly selective in how I apply it (see comment on housework).

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Lysethe View Post
    Update:

I've been reading the childhood dominant function profiles to some of my family. My mother and sister identify best with ISJ and EFJ so far, which leads me to suspect xSFJ. If I had to choose, I'd say ESFJ for Mom and ISFJ for my sister. Surprisingly, it's between EFJ and ESP for my brother; I'd always pegged him as ESxP. No typing for my father yet. He tested ENTJ back in the day, but I'd like to triple-check 'cause I'm like that.

I believe I've eliminated ESFP from the running. I can't really identify with the "act first, think later" mindset. As I've mentioned before, I tend toward actively ignoring potential consequences, not toward never considering them to begin with. I am very much into gratifying my senses, but is there really a reason why an N cannot be that way?

One thing I really cannot identify with in the ENFP (and maybe INFP?) description is the whole "highly perceptive of character and motives" thing. I feel like I am naturally very trusting; how else could I have been so very gullible as a child? Also, the whole (INFP) "greater good/Human Condition" line: bleagh. Makes me wanna gag.
    Yeah you don't seem all that ESFP, although not all ESFP's carry the mindset of 'act now, think later'. And if anything NFP's are not that "highly perceptive of character and motives", for instance I suck at reading others and I'm gullible as hell. Also, NFP's are not the moral saviors of the Earth (even though secretly I think I am ).

Quote Originally Posted by Lysethe View Post
    I also think it is worth noting that I can be excessively anal retentive and prone to organizing stuff; however, I'm fairly selective in how I apply it (see comment on housework).
    Probably an indication of tert Si, probably INFP.