• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Me!

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I read through all that additional information, I actually think you may be ESTP; I see a lot of Se in your posts as well as tert Fe (knowing how to interact with people emotions well, but then sometimes teasing them for fun).

Although I probably should have asked this before; where exactly do you derive your ethics? From ecternal sources (like the law, social norm, friends expectations, personal figures) or internally (you decide for youself what is right and wrong)?

Enneagram answers in that thread. :)

Lysethe

I read through all that additional information, I actually think you may be ESTP; I see a lot of Se in your posts as well as tert Fe (knowing how to interact with people emotions well, but then sometimes teasing them for fun).

Hm.

Although I probably should have asked this before; where exactly do you derive your ethics? From ecternal sources (like the law, social norm, friends expectations, personal figures) or internally (you decide for youself what is right and wrong)?

Well, being Christian, there's not a whole lot of leeway. I could (and would) develop my own set of morals if not for that. I still find my values to be at odds with the Bible at times, and I find that I sometimes have to "reason" myself into following some of its rules. I wouldn't say that I derive my morals/ethics entirely from my surroundings; I have some pretty sharp value clashes with both my parents and the church we attend.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, being Christian, there's not a whole lot of leeway. I could (and would) develop my own set of morals if not for that. I still find my values to be at odds with the Bible at times, and I find that I sometimes have to "reason" myself into following some of its rules. I wouldn't say that I derive my morals/ethics entirely from my surroundings; I have some pretty sharp value clashes with both my parents and the church we attend.

Hmmm.. sounds like your Fe clashing with Fi or Ti, actually this may be an indication of ESTP; Ti's system of creating its own logical principles interferes with Fe's adhereance to the group values that you have grown up with. You derive some of your ethics from the tert Fe and sometimes now how to use Fe well, but others times you have an anti-conformist attitude that won't be heald down by others. Yeah, I think ESTP should work for you just fine. :yes:

Have you read the ESTP description? Thoughts?

Lysethe

Hmmm.. sounds like your Fe clashing with Fi or Ti, actually this may be an indication of ESTP; Ti's system of creating its own logical principles interferes with Fe's adhereance to the group values that you have grown up with. You derive some of your ethics from the tert Fe and sometimes now how to use Fe well, but others times you have an anti-conformist attitude that won't be heald down by others. Yeah, I think ESTP should work for you just fine. :yes:

Have you read the ESTP description? Thoughts?

I have read a couple. They seem awfully... action-oriented. What stands out most as "not me" is the lack of introspection. I don't engage myself in the physical world to the exclusion of the mental world; the latter is very much my friend. I might talk more about the profiles later.

Curiously, I find that my sensitivity to others' feelings and my acknowledgement of a possible "other side of the story" come into play more when I am not directly involved in the situation.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have read a couple. They seem awfully... action-oriented. What stands out most as "not me" is the lack of introspection. I don't engage myself in the physical world to the exclusion of the mental world; the latter is very much my friend. I might talk more about the profiles later.

Curiously, I find that my sensitivity to others' feelings and my acknowledgement of a possible "other side of the story" come into play more when I am not directly involved in the situation.

Don't worry, ESTP's can totally introspective, much in the same way as introvert like me can sometimes be spontaneous and goofy. ESTP's can also be very cerebral and intellectual while still being adept to the physical srroundings of the present world; example: Theodore Roosevelt, most badass President and badass ESTP ever. :cool:

Also, the sensitive thing is more related to tert Fe than it would be inferior Fe. Or it could just be normal sensitivity towards others.

Lysethe

This might help with the other thread, but I thought I'd post it here, too.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Wear your perceptions lightly." - Some recent valuable advice.

The road to identity is a strange one. As much as I enjoy putting myself and others in a box, it really works against me here. I get so preoccupied with defining myself that I see a behavior and slap a label on myself without stopping to see whether the label is accurate. Essentially, I create my own box, this idea of what I must be, and then try to live according to that blueprint. The problem is that my perceptions can be so very off, and then I am stuck living a vision of myself that doesn't match the reality. I have to learn to set the marker down, sit back, and just observe; only then can I get a true picture of myself (or anyone, for that matter).

Given the inward cringing at the thought of doing that, I'm guessing this is a fairly important thing to me. I shall have to ponder it more.

------------------------------------------------------------

What I'll have to ponder is whether the urge to define comes from a need to uncover my identity, or whether definition itself is the end I seek.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Basically it sounds like a 4 + Ti combination at work almost, perhpas your ESTP 4>8>6? :thinking:

Lysethe

I'm still not sure about ESTP, but I am willing to consider Ti. My biggest objection has been my repeatedly demonstrated subjectivity; but someone recently explained to me that someone who's been where I have WOULD be ridiculously subjective, on account of withdrawing into himself/herself.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well Ti is technically speaking, a subjective function (as all the introverted functions are).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
So, internal logic vs internal values? o.0

Yes, one or the other will make more sense to you.

"Logic is clearly a thing that must be externally measured, and only a person can feel inside what their personal values are."

or

"Ethical behavior is clearly a thing that must be externally measured, and a person can only decide for themselves what is logical."

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yep, that's basically the most basic difference between Ti and Fi.

A

Anew Leaf

Yep, that's basically the most basic difference between Ti and Fi.

The most basic difference between "Ti" and "Fi" is that you simply take the baby horizontal line in the "F" and slide it over to the left side at the top.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
P.S. the way you've described yourself sounds Pe. I think you are an ExxP.

Lysethe

I live!

Actually, I've been on vacation in a place with less than optimal signal. I spent little time thinking about personality theory and most of my time writing. It was great. Anyway... I'll have to think on the Ti vs Fi thing.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lysethe, long time no see :)

Soooo where did you vacation, Bahamas, Vegas, China, Mars? Just curious :3

Oh yeah, as for the whole Fi/Ti thing, I don't think there's too much more information that I can offer that I already haven't shared. But if you want me too, I can recommend where you could find others with a greater threshold of knowledge than I.

Lysethe

Lysethe, long time no see :)

Soooo where did you vacation, Bahamas, Vegas, China, Mars? Just curious :3

Oh yeah, as for the whole Fi/Ti thing, I don't think there's too much more information that I can offer that I already haven't shared. But if you want me too, I can recommend where you could find others with a greater threshold of knowledge than I.

I vacationed out-of-state.

I think it's just a matter of getting to know myself better. However, if you have recommendations, I am happy to hear them.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I vacationed out-of-state.

I think it's just a matter of getting to know myself better. However, if you have recommendations, I am happy to hear them.

There's another typology forum called PersonalityNation where you can answer a set of questions designed to reveal info concerning your personality (it can also be done anynomously as well). One particular member there (he doesn't post here that often anymore), Aleksei, is from what I've seen the best person when it comes to typing people accurately. So if you fill out the questionaire there, he'll proabbly give you the closest answer that you're looking for. :)

Lysethe

There's another typology forum called PersonalityNation where you can answer a set of questions designed to reveal info concerning your personality (it can also be done anynomously as well). One particular member there (he doesn't post here that often anymore), Aleksei, is from what I've seen the best person when it comes to typing people accurately. So if you fill out the questionaire there, he'll proabbly give you the closest answer that you're looking for. :)

Thanks! I know of Aleksei. ^.^ I'll shoot him a PM. What questionnaire are you talking about?