• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Typology?

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmmm... That's a toughie. I'm tempted to say INFP, though - possibly Enneatype 6. I do believe that Ne is less pronounced or visible in INFP Sixes - less "adventuring" and more "speculative".

How about talking to Savage Idealist? You remind me a lot of him, he might have a clearer view of the whole thing. :yes:

Hmm... perhaps this will help? I posted this on Elboy's "Okay, I'm seriously reconsidering ESTJ" thread:

Elboy: "you give the impression of being more compliant like an Fe user."

Damnit, you're right! This is why I can't tell it is Fi or Fe! T_T I just relate to both well. The thing is, I'm much more compliant then when I was a kid. This might come as a shock to you, but, as a kid, I was very TJ-ish at times (actually, even xSTJ-ish). It may not seem like it now, but I was. What Te is visible now comes out when I'm trying to prove my point and/or that I'm right. I was worse when I was a kid though. Like, I was all about "this is right and this is wrong!" I'd flip out if people didn't play by the rules or did things "right." I was a stickler for the rules. Here, let me show you some psychological test results/result comments from when I was 7/8 years old:

- "Some results did indicate elavated symptoms of depression and anxiety."

- "Clinically significant: hyperactivity, depression, withdrawal, adaptability; at risk areas: aggression, atypicality, attention problems, social skills, leadership, study skills"

(I am DEFINITELY no longer aggressive anymore. Quite the opposite, actually...)

- "Parent - clincally significant: hyperactivity, attention problems, adaptability; at risk: aggression, anxiety, depression, social skills, leadership"

- "At risk: attitude towards teachers, atypicality, focus of control, anxiety, depression, sense of inadequacy, interpersonal relationships, self-esteem
Clinically significant: social stress, self-reliance"

- "In identifying the specific reason for the referral his teacher, Mrs. Pruden, stated that 'Taylor consistently refues to start activities that require written expression and needs constant redirection to stay on task.'"

- "She also indicated that Taylor 'doesn't like to participate in physical activities; he whines and complains when expected to cooperate with a team at recess.'"

(That doesn't seem like Fe to me...)

- "Taylor is described by his stepmother as smart, loving, funny, and creative. She noted that Taylor can be very moody."

(I don't see how she thought I was creative. Well, I might have been, but I'm definitely not now.)

- "The following behavior characteristics were marked by Mrs. [my last name] as being descriptive of Taylor:

- argues
- cries
- complains/whines
- fearful/anxious
- stubborn
- negative
- shy or timid
- temper tantrums
- perfectionistic (this is a Te trait I still possess)
- impulsive (I'm not like that at all anymore.)
- dependent
- friendly
- withdrawn
- restless
- has nightmares
- gives up easily
- overly active"

- "Taylor is described by his classroom teacher as a child who initiates conversations with others (soo not true anymore), participates in class dicussions, and has a good vocabulary. He has strong math concepts (not so much anymore), enjoys science and hands-on activites and also enjoys reading fantasy/fiction stories related to magic and special powers (I hardly read fiction at all anymore). He displays adequate fine-motor skills but he is less coordinated in gross motor areas. His teacher also indicated that Taylor has limited social skills, is frequently inattentive, has a high activity level, and appears overly self-conscious."

As you can see, I was not FP-looking like I look like now, but I still possess over half of those traits. I can't deny that I'm depressive, anxious, withdrawing, unadaptable, dependent, self-conscious, frustrated with written expression, socially inept, perfectionistic, and moody. Basically, the only difference now is that I'm WAY more aware of other people's feelings and I try not to hurt them. Plus, I'm not much for rules now (I'm actually a strong libertarian).

I now realize that they are "useful but changeable mechanisms, and, ideally, they can maintain the general social order and protect human rights. I do not see them (or believe they should, rather) as 'absolute 'that must be obeyed without question." "I am able to accept that everyone has differing views and that people are separate entities from society and don't hold grudges against those who hold views I don't agree with. I understand that people's own perspectives may take precedence over society, and rules are of relative importance."

(I said this in my thread.)

And, oh, did I mention I'm a friends-first guy?

And also, didn't Savage Idealist say he was leaving?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm... perhaps this will help? I posted this on Elboy's "Okay, I'm seriously reconsidering ESTJ" thread:

And also, didn't Savage Idealist say he was leaving?

sounds like you were much more counterphobic as a child

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
no, you're much more docile and gentle.
you're not aggressive at all :hug:

Oh, wait, I was confusing phobic with counterphobic. Nevermind. :alttongue:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Savage Idealist isn't leaving - he just posted on his forum blog the other day... He just posts here less frequently.

From what you're describing, I can see 6w7 as a strong possibility, as well as 4... 6w5s are more "contained" and less emotionally demonstrative, I think. :thinking: INFP is still possible, but your description sounds like someone who displays a lot of passion, and INFPs are more reserved in that regard...

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Savage Idealist isn't leaving - he just posted on his forum blog the other day... He just posts here less frequently.

From what you're describing, I can see 6w7 as a strong possibility, as well as 4... 6w5s are more "contained" and less emotionally demonstrative, I think. :thinking: INFP is still possible, but your description sounds like someone who displays a lot of passion, and INFPs are more reserved in that regard...

INFPs can display TONS of Passion

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But that frequently? And that openly? I thought they were known for expressing it in less direct ways...

Wait a minute... I express lots of passion on these posts? :thinking:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Wait a minute... I express lots of passion on these posts? :thinking:

I meant in real life, like you described...

- Extremely competitive, emotional, passionate, argumentative, and temperamental, yet passive/pacifistic, empathetic/sympathetic (though sometimes detached?), sensitive, modest, and extremely insecure and self-conscious

Also, is being argumentative a Thinking trait? If there was one thing I got under people's skin with, it is that I argue about EVERYTHING, and I do. I don't play Devil's Advocate -- I just disagree a lot. People constantly tell me that I could "argue with a brick wall." I mean, I think I'm a Feeling type, but don't Feeling types dislike disharmony and don't they look for consensus? Man, someone please help me out! :O

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Oh, I see. Then in that case, yeah. But an INFP couldn't be like that?

S/he could, I guess. Though I've heard they can have a hard time expressing their feelings...

I'm kinda bad at this, can you tell? ''^_^

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
S/he could, I guess. Though I've heard they can have a hard time expressing their feelings...

I'm kinda bad at this, can you tell? ''^_^

It's okay. I'm bad at this too. :laugh:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFPs can be very passionate. just look at Joan of Arc or Shakespeare

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
- While what I just said may indicate Fi, I do relate a lot to Fe because I'm always worried about hurting peoples feelings (as I am a people-oriented person) and the only time that I do something that might hurt someone's feelings is when someone has an unethical opinion of some sort that disregards someone or some people in some way and I argue why the opinion/view is faulty to get them to realize that what they are thinking is unprincipled (again, it's hard to put into words) and so they don't hurt someone or some people if they put whatever that opinion is into practice, and if I do hurt their feelings, I feel bad (as I do any other time I hurt someone's feelings). It's almost as if Fe and Fi are working together.
Fi cares about people's feelings too. (That's Feeling in general that does!) The difference is the standard of consideration. Fe cares by simply, directly referencing the other person's expressed feelings or a group consensus. Fi cares by referencing a universal sense of feeling that is internalized, and then from that, realizing the other person's likely state in a given situation. Both then will reach out and care.

And this is where the cognitive process tests will often get hung up, since they are based on definitions of Fe=caring about others; Fi=being in touch with your own feelings. Both of which have a grain of truth, but miss the full detail of what causes that. Hence, you could identify with both definitions, and come out high in both Fi and Fe. These tests do not measure J/P, which is the real definer of the preferred judgment attitude according to the original MBTI setup.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fi cares about people's feelings too. (That's Feeling in general that does!) The difference is the standard of consideration. Fe cares by simply, directly referencing the other person's expressed feelings or a group consensus. Fi cares by referencing a universal sense of feeling that is internalized, and then from that, realizing the other person's likely state in a given situation. Both then will reach out and care.

And this is where the cognitive process tests will often get hung up, since they are based on definitions of Fe=caring about others; Fi=being in touch with your own feelings. Both of which have a grain of truth, but miss the full detail of what causes that. Hence, you could identify with both definitions, and come out high in both Fi and Fe. These tests do not measure J/P, which is the real definer of the preferred judgment attitude according to the original MBTI setup.

Alright, so I'm an Fi user. I figured that to be true already. But I don't know whether I'm P or J. I created a very new thread called 'Function Phenomenon' with five different function test results.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, I responded to that one already. In fact, that's what I found first, and which brought me over here to begin with.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

What?!? I could possibly see ISTJ (Si + Fi), but no way ESTJ! I'm not extraverted at all! Is there anything you think points to me being extraverted?