• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Typology?

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry, I was too lazy to read the beginning of your thread. I might do it later. :D

That would be ENFP. Apparently affection doesn't really correlate to anything, btw. Still, it's interesting to know. My affection is totally different than my inclusion and control.

I took the chart and stuff from Eric B's site: http://www.erictb.info/typeideas.html

Hmm, that's funny. ENFP? I'm definitely NOT an initiator by any stretch. The best way to describe my social perspective is that I'll 'take in' or interact or talk to anyone who is willing to talk to me (as I like people) and even enjoy company as long as they aren't unfriendly, but I do not proactively seek out social interaction. What does that mean though?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
And just for the record, I have asked my friends about this, and they say that my least used function is Ne.

Just for the record, it depends on the way you asked them about it as well as how well they understand you and the function itself. Granted, the extraverted functions seem easier to spot, but if they've never heard of Jung's cognitive function theory and you haven't explained it correctly, I don't know how well they'd be able to answer you.

Well, I read some of your posts and you're pretty all over the place. LOL :laugh:

Just going to point out a couple things I spotted...

Your last post strikes me as VERY Fi > Fe.

I want to say some of the things you said earlier sounded a bit like Te, but I dunno.

It's a bit too much info for me to take in.

/DG/

Hmm, that's funny. ENFP? I'm definitely NOT an initiator by any stretch. The best way to describe my social perspective is that I'll 'take in' or interact or talk to anyone who is willing to talk to me (as I like people) and even enjoy company as long as they aren't unfriendly, but I do not proactively seek out social interaction. What does that mean though?

Perhaps you are more of a Supine in inclusion then? They want people to talk to them, but the other person has to initiate conversation.

Oh... and that would be INFP.

Also, extraverts don't necessarily have to be around people all the time. It just means that you are more focused on the external world than the internal.

Inconnue

MBTI Type
TiNe
Enneagram
Meaning, I am able to accept that everyone has differing views and that people are separate entities from society and don't hold grudges against those who hold views I don't agree with. I understand that people's own perspectives may take precedence over society, and rules are of relative importance. I view (or, believe, rather) rules as useful but changeable mechanisms, and, ideally, they can maintain the general social order and protect human rights. I do not see them (or believe they should, rather) as 'absolute 'that must be obeyed without question.

Though may agree with this, I don't understand how this is empathy, it just seems to be to be a logical conclusion to me. Different point of view reaching same conclusions I guess.

/DG/

Though may agree with this, I don't understand how this is empathy, it just seems to be to be a logical conclusion to me. Different point of view reaching same conclusions I guess.

Could be.... but it's definitely not coming from Fe.

Inconnue

MBTI Type
TiNe
Enneagram
It could probably be more of a Fi thing, am I wrong ? I mean, when we're talking about one of the feeling functions. I can see how many different people could reach a conclusion close to this one honestly.

Well, perhaps not "accept" but almost everyone should be able to know that everyone has a different view on things and that we can't really know who's right though we may think our opinion is better. The first part of this post is rather neutral and sensible, unless it justifies everything without judgement of course.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I see it as empathy in that I do not judge others unlawful deeds, thereby showing empathy. Like, I would make a horrible judge because it would be hard for me to abhold the law, especially if I don't agree with it.

/DG/

It could probably be more of a Fi thing, am I wrong ? I mean, when we're talking about one of the feeling functions.

Oh my bad. I thought you were trying to imply earlier that it was something other than Fi. When you referred to empathy, I immediately thought of Fi. :doh:

Anyway... yes I do think it's Fi.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wait, why wouldn't empathy be Fe?

Inconnue

MBTI Type
TiNe
Enneagram
Oh my bad. I thought you were trying to imply earlier that it was something other than Fi. When you referred to empathy, I immediately thought of Fi. :doh:

Anyway... yes I do think it's Fi.

Oh sorry, I meant that this idea could easily be something else than empathy (as for the judge part, it's even more obvious to me, one can remain unaffected emotionally and show no empathy but disagree with the laws for some reason or consider that the situation isn't as clear as the law may imply it to be).

But in this case, it's Fi, for sure.
It couldn't be Se/Si or Te or Ne either. I don't know much about how Ni works so I can't tell. I just don't see it as empathy in the way I conceive this idea because I probably don't grasps the idea of empathy properly but it seems to imply that one is relatively involve emotionally in someone else situation and feel how they feel, not deduce it.
I'm a bit confusing I guess, I can't really explain it.

It doesn't matter, it was Fi here.

Hazashin : I don't know whether empathy is Fe or Fi most of the time but this definition you gave is Fi. Both are probably involved in the "empathy" thing.

/DG/

Wait, why wouldn't empathy be Fe?

No, Fe is more sympathy.

Sympathy is feeling for someone else. An example might be feeling sorry for someone.

Empathy is feeling what others feel or sharing someone else's feelings. Think of it as "putting yourself in someone else's shoes."

Someone with Fe is more likely to show someone else that they care, while Fi will have an internal understanding.

Err... I hope I explained that correctly.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, Fe is more sympathy.

Sympathy is feeling for someone else. An example might be feeling sorry for someone.

Empathy is feeling what others feel or sharing someone else's feelings. Think of it as "putting yourself in someone else's shoes."

Someone with Fe is more likely to show someone else that they care, while Fi will have an internal understanding.

Err... I hope I explained that correctly.

Then I use both well. I have sympathy AND empathy. :p

Inconnue

MBTI Type
TiNe
Enneagram
From what I've understood, there's also something more traditional in Fe, it is mostly used in acts (therefore : sympathy, doing something to make a relationship work, etc) and social convention (defining roles, understanding, applying them, etc).
Fi is more of an internal thing (which sounds logical), making your own values, knowing what is good or bad, understanding a relationship. It's more subjective as well. I guess that depending on your other functions and how developped this one is, it could lead to empathy or the idea you've just defined.

http://greenlightwiki.com/lenore-exegesis/Introverted_Feeling
Introverted Feeling (Fi) is the attitude of judging things good or bad based on how they harmonize or clash with a living being's inner essence. That inner essence or soul, and how things in the environment get along with it or conflict with it, is knowable only first-hand--ultimately, only by that soul. It is known by attending to one's own emotions in response to things. What you like is good--for you, not necessarily good for others. What you don't like is bad--for you, not necessarily bad for others. Anything outside your own soul is irrelevant to evaluating anything or choosing your course in life.
(Which doesn't mean you don't care about other people's idea or show no empathy of course, you just know that you have your own values.)

And of course :
As a Dominant Function, Fi leads IFPs to live a life based on empathy and harmony between self and others

EDIT: And it's relatively normal to use both considering that we are use all of our functions.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also, I'm a bit confused as to how and when each function is used. I know the order (Dominant, Auxillary, Tertiary, and Inferior) and that the auxillary is the major balancing force between introversion and extraversion, but that's it.

Could you help explain that to me better?

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Perhaps then my Fi is NOT my dominant function then? I have a lot of J tendencies, and also a lot of P tendencies, as well, but I think J more than P. Could you read my opening post and tell me what you think?

/DG/

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Well, I don't know enough about the functions, which is why I'm having trouble. Judging from what I've told you, how do you think my function preference goes?

Hmm, hard to pin it all down, but probably something like Fi, Si... maybe Ti or Ne... I wont speculate further than that with what little I now of you.

Also, I'm a bit confused as to how and when each function is used. I know the order (Dominant, Auxillary, Tertiary, and Inferior) and that the auxillary is the major balancing force between introversion and extraversion, but that's it.

Could you help explain that to me better?

I'll give it a shot. The dominant functionis what you might call the "prime motivator". It's sometimes refered to as the hero function. It is almost like a default state of being - if nothing else is going you, you are liable to defer to the primaries way of thinking. It is also about what it s that you person really needs to feel satified. If the urges of the prime function cannot be met it causes a greate deal of stress.

The auxillary is indeed the balancing function that allows a person to set outside their normal introversion/extroversion direction, either causing them to get involved inthe world or draw away from it for long enough to simple consider things instead.

The auxillary function often acts like the voice in the back of your head. It can be expressed in a good way, but it is often associated with unhealthy expressions because it gives a person an excuse to ignore the auxillary and (temporarilly) avoid dealing with things they don't like. Sadly avoiding such things often allows them to grow instead.

The inferior function is the impulse that people often find hardest to accept because it seems so foreign to the primary. However, if it gets ignored the desires build up over time till they spill out in some strong reaction or opinion. When they primary is blocked by cercumstances the inferior is often over expressed to drown out the primaries call. That tends to be the most unhealthy way of expressing this function.

Sadly, my time is limited yet again, but that's a taster.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hello everyone. I'm new to this typology stuff (MBTI and Enneagram), so you'll have to brief me on common 'typology language'. I've been trying to understand my MBTI and Enneagram types, but it's only lead to frustration, as none of the types seem to even fit me a great deal, though I am not reliable when it comes to typing myself because I can be very indecisive and confused. But, then again, my friends and family type me differently. Actually, I believe everyone I have asked has typed me differently, both in Enneagram and MBTI. However, the most common types I get for each are 6w5 and 4w5 and ISFP and ISFJ. I would personally like to know EVERYTHING about my typology down to the order of my function preferences, my Enneagram triads, my "socionics type" (is that right?), my interaction style and temperament, and everything else there is.

Is there a rule that says everybody has to be a single type? I'm sorry that no single type description fits you, or that your test results vary from day to day. But one thing you can do to fix the situation is just to adapt yourself to being like one of the types you listed above, and stick with it.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*BUMP*

I know I haven't been on here in a while, and when I was here, I was only here for a few days, as after a few days of this website failing to come up I gave up and kinda forgot about it, but it came to my mind recently and I went back to it to find it working again and now I think I may want to start posting again because I still haven't gotten to the bottom of my case. But I've down some introspection recently, as I tend to do, but I'm still having trouble figuring out my type. I don't know my true function preference order or even my dominant function, but I do know a few things that I know I'm not like to help the process.

So I've decided I'm definitely not Ne, Se, or Te dom., and most likely not Fe dom. (if you think or know I am, please let me know and tell me why), so that eliminates: ENFP, ENTP, ESFP, ESTP, ESTJ, ENTJ, and most likely ESFJ and ENFJ.

I also like to think that my T and F functions are fairly more balanced than my S and N functions (again, please let me know if this is not the case and tell me why), and therefore they are more likely to be my auxillary and tertiary functions, in no order (so either Fi-Te/Te-Fi or Fe-Ti/Ti-Fe). So that would mean that: ISFP, INFP, ISTP, and INTP are eliminated. That leaves: ISFJ, INFJ, ISTJ, and INTJ.

But here's my problem: I don't know my true function preference other than I think I don't have strong Ne or Se, but I could be wrong (let me know if this is not the case). I don't know whether I use Ni or Si (since the only functions I relate to enough are Fe, Fi, and Ti), and I don't know whether I use Fe-Ti/Ti-Fe or Te-Fi/Fi-Te.

I've considered that I also might be caught in a dom.-ter. loop that's introverted. I gave one of my two closest friends four loop descriptions to look at (Ni-Ti/Ti-Ni, Ti-Si/Si-Ti, Fi-Ni/Ni-Fi, Fi-Si/Si-Fi), and he said that, while none of them are that much accurate, the Si-Ti/Ti-Si loop was most like me with the Si-Fi/Fi-Si loop in second, the Ni-Fi/Fi-Ni loop in third, and Ni-Ti/Ti-Ni loop in fourth.

But, since I am having no luck figuring out my type on my own (as I am known for having dependency issues), I'll just list some things I do or about me to give you all a feel for how I am that I haven't said in my OP:

- People close to me (namely my closer friends) say I strike them as having strong Si, and while that may be true in some aspects (for example, I am uncomfortable putting myself in an unfamiliar position (though it's not because I think a previous way of doing things is more efficient or that I'm skeptical that something new and different will work just as good or better or some shit like that, but because I am VERY unsure of myself) and it's hard for me to do things on the spot without some premeditation, especially with writing stuff, including this), but I don't relate to the whole (and it's hard for me to put into words, as I frequently have trouble articulating myself, so please forgive me) keeping traditional values, keeping things the way they always have been, and the conventionality. I'm rather unconventional, actually, and have my own personal values and beliefs (that I think it would be good that the rest of the world adopted) that mainly just takes into account logically that humans are flawed beings by nature and for that reason shouldn't be chastised for it (those who are really doing bad by society's standards need to be helped) and that things aren't black and white.

- While what I just said may indicate Fi, I do relate a lot to Fe because I'm always worried about hurting peoples feelings (as I am a people-oriented person) and the only time that I do something that might hurt someone's feelings is when someone has an unethical opinion of some sort that disregards someone or some people in some way and I argue why the opinion/view is faulty to get them to realize that what they are thinking is unprincipled (again, it's hard to put into words) and so they don't hurt someone or some people if they put whatever that opinion is into practice, and if I do hurt their feelings, I feel bad (as I do any other time I hurt someone's feelings). It's almost as if Fe and Fi are working together.

- This is a strange one, as I am shy for people (as I get) who are either being the center of attention to more than three people while looking ridiculous or extravert themselves a lot in a way that most others would make fun of (at least in their head), but that's probably because I know how judgmental people can be and I feel sorry for them that they are being unfairly judged.

-As I said in my OP, I'm scatter-brained, as I have tons of thoughts running through my head (plus, I was diagnosed with A.D.H.D. as a kid), but I've noticed (and this has become especially and increasingly apparent in the last few months, which is odd since I never use to do it before) that with any significant thought that I want and can put into action, I try to "save" in my head for later so it can come to fruition and over a bit of time, I develop a stack of things, and I usually forget a thing or two, which sometimes upsets me. I also do this in the form of writing, only it's a little different because the thoughts I want to put into writing come in short, indefinite "flashes" of wording and/or phrasing that sometimes takes a few minutes at a time to think of how it's put together and usage of the thesaurus because sometimes there are single words in these "flashes" that are hard for me to put my finger on but I know the meaning of it. It's really hard to explain. I suppose I'm just so uncreative that my mind has to search for bits to text to put together that I have seen before (wait, that's Si, isn't it?...).

Do you see any glaring signs of a certain function or functions in use or even a particular type? If this is not enough, refer to my OP.

Last edited:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Hmmm... That's a toughie. I'm tempted to say INFP, though - possibly Enneatype 6. I do believe that Ne is less pronounced or visible in INFP Sixes - less "adventuring" and more "speculative".

How about talking to Savage Idealist? You remind me a lot of him, he might have a clearer view of the whole thing. :yes: