• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Once more into the depths.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
I'm starting in again, against my better judgment.

I struggled a while in deciding if I landed as INTP or INFP, eventually placing myself on the side of INFP but was never really sure of my decision. None of the profiles seem to match me very much. So now I'm starting back up again. Within the last year or so I've had my life and my mind flipped upside down for the most part so anything is possible. I started by taking the cognitive processes test which offered some strange results

Ne(46.9) - Se(40) - Ti(31) - Fe(27.9) - Ni(27.8) - Te(25.7) - Fi(20.9) - Si(19.8)

I'm really unsure where to go from here. Ask questions, make comments, whatever it takes to help me find some kind of answer.

nemo

Enneagram
<3
You seem to have an ENTP function spread.

Why do you think you're an introvert?

Last edited:

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
I'm the quietest person I've ever met and I keep most of my thoughts to myself. I just listen to conversations more often than not. I'm not entirely sure if that is indicative of introversion but it's what I've gotten so far.

nemo

Enneagram
<3
Hmm.. yeah that seems more introvert than extrovert.

I'd say INTP but an Fe that high is... weird, to say the least.

Most people think this test is nonsense though.

You might look at this site and tell us what you think you have the strongest of:

Jungian Psychological Type

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
In that case, I would go for Introversion.
When you make decisions, do you find that you bring other people into the decision or do you base your decisions entirely on objective matters?

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
Hmm.. yeah that seems more introvert than extrovert.

I'd say INTP but an Fe that high is... weird, to say the least.

Most people think this test is nonsense though.

You might look at this site and tell us what you think you have the strongest of:

Jungian Psychological Type

Hrm, I think my most prevalent function is some sort of intuition, when I think it doesn't seem to be conscious. Thoughts/ideas/images just seem to be there. Everything seems foggy until the last second where I get a glimpse. Almost like looking out of a subway train and having it come to an instant stop, allowing you to read some graffiti or advertisements on the wall.

In that case, I would go for Introversion.
When you make decisions, do you find that you bring other people into the decision or do you base your decisions entirely on objective matters?

I try to treat every situation as it's own, I can't just apply an all encompassing rule, this makes me a terribly indecisive person and it's something I'm trying to overcome. I generally try to approach things objectively though, even if it doesn't always end that way.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
I'd like to add that introverts are not necessarily shy or quiet, they simply get their energy from within. It took me quite a while to determine that I have a preference for introversion because although I am effusive and I talk constantly (some would say incessantly) I feel energized when alone and do need solitude to "recharge the batteries".

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
One more thing, ones personality like a house tends to accumulate clutter and become obscured over time. Consider your personality when you were around 10 years and then read the following articles: Kids' Personality Portraits

I think these articles will help you discern your true type.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have no idea what type you are. But congrats on having the most irritating av I've seen yet. Based on that, I would say XXFP. INFP? Despite that one test pointing to EXTP.

Also, this Discordia Inc. - Just who the HELL do you THINK you are? is a good test I stumbled across recently. Perhaps it will help you.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
I'd like to add that introverts are not necessarily shy or quiet, they simply get their energy from within. It took me quite a while to determine that I have a preference for introversion because although I am effusive and I talk constantly (some would say incessantly) I feel energized when alone and do need solitude to "recharge the batteries".

Scratch that last comment. I'm back on the fence again. Everytime I watch the Big Bang Theory or How I met your Mother I am reminded of how similar my personality is to Penny's and Barney's, an ESFP and ESTP, respectively. Hmm ... I wonder if although improbable, if it's possible to be an intellectually inclined ESFP???

My sugesstion is to read the profile I mentioned a few postings ago and as Nemo alluded to, consider which functions you are most comfortable using.