User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

that makes perfect sense...and interesting because i love my fi and think it's a beautiful thing...and something that defines me to the core and my type 4 bf doesn't like his fi...thinks it separates him from others or something...very different perspectives on it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    that makes perfect sense...and interesting because i love my fi and think it's a beautiful thing...and something that defines me to the core and my type 4 bf doesn't like his fi...thinks it separates him from others or something...very different perspectives on it.
    Yes, I would relate to your friend. I find the 4 traits are the ones that cause the most problems, are the least useful in my day to day life. My practical self shuns any trait that doesn't "help out."
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Yes, I would relate to your friend. I find the 4 traits are the ones that cause the most problems, are the least useful in my day to day life. My practical self shuns any trait that doesn't "help out."
    As a 5w4 I have had the most life difficulties with the 4-wing.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

that really is interesting...a totally different relation to fi isn't it? i feel like fi connects me to people...like we all have our own truth and it's all equally valuable and the fact that it's different for everyone is of no consequence.

for me...my 6 wing causes the most difficulty for my 7ness i think...as a 7 i feel very confident and capable and enthusiastically like to go after what i want...but...if someone i care about and respect gives me any reason to doubt myself...i just lose myself in self doubt...it's infuriating.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    As a 5w4 I have had the most life difficulties with the 4-wing.
    Well, reading about the 4, it seems as though 4's would be generally unhappy with being a 4, despite it's gifts.

that really is interesting...a totally different relation to fi isn't it? i feel like fi connects me to people...like we all have our own truth and it's all equally valuable and the fact that it's different for everyone is of no consequence.

for me...my 6 wing causes the most difficulty for my 7ness i think...as a 7 i feel very confident and capable and enthusiastically like to go after what i want...but...if someone i care about and respect gives me any reason to doubt myself...i just lose myself in self doubt...it's infuriating.
    I guess I agree with what you said about Fi as well, but I just take that part for granted. If 4ness and Fi are interrelated, I feel as though I could just do without. (Though I probably couldn't.) I understand the "beauty" of the Fi, but I just see it as a bunch of traits in me that sit around with all the other traits, acting arbitrary and not fitting in. Seems like those traits are some of the poorest matches for what I want with my life. I have had trouble appreciating them.

It's funny that you say that the 6 wing gives you trouble. It seems to me that 6 would be a nice, helpful balance for a 7. I think with my little knowledge of enneatypes, any 8 wing trait that I have helps me the most.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Well, reading about the 4, it seems as though 4's would be generally unhappy with being a 4, despite it's gifts.

I guess I agree with what you said about Fi as well, but I just take that part for granted. If 4ness and Fi are interrelated, I feel as though I could just do without. (Though I probably couldn't.) I understand the "beauty" of the Fi, but I just see it as a bunch of traits in me that sit around with all the other traits, acting arbitrary and not fitting in. Seems like those traits are some of the poorest matches for what I want with my life. I have had trouble appreciating them.

It's funny that you say that the 6 wing gives you trouble. It seems to me that 6 would be a nice, helpful balance for a 7. I think with my little knowledge of enneatypes, any 8 wing trait that I have helps me the most.
    Riso's Personality Types, which I take to be very authoritative, states that the wing on one side will conflict with the basic type, whereas the wing on the other side will support the basic type. 7w6 has a conflict with the traits of the 6-wing, 7w8 finds support with the 8-wing. 5w4 has a conflict with the traits of the 4-wing. Type 5 is supported by a 6-wing. Every basic type has its support or conflict centered in one of the wings.

This can be charted quite easily:

1w9 conflict
    1w2 support
    2w1 conflict
    2w3 support
    3w2 conflict
    3w4 support
    4w3 conflict
    4w5 support
    5w4 conflict
    5w6 support
    6w5 conflict
    6w7 support
    7w6 conflict
    7w8 support
    8w7 conflict
    8w9 support
    9w8 conflict
    9w1 support

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Riso's Personality Types, which I take to be very authoritative, states that the wing on one side will conflict with the basic type, whereas the wing on the other side will support the basic type. 7w6 has a conflict with the traits of the 6-wing, 7w8 finds support with the 8-wing. 5w4 has a conflict with the traits of the 4-wing. Type 5 is supported by a 6-wing. Every basic type has its support or conflict centered in one of the wings.

This can be charted quite easily:

1w2 support
    1w9 conflict
    2w1 conflict
    2w3 support
    3w2 conflict
    3w4 support
    4w3 conflict
    4w5 support
    5w4 conflict
    5w6 support
    6w5 conflict
    6w7 support
    7w6 conflict
    7w8 support
    8w7 conflict
    8w9 support
    9w8 conflict
    9w1 support
    Aha! Well that makes sense! Cool.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

very interesting!
    did you see that other test yesterday short? i actually tested as 7w6 4w5 9w8 as my tritype...when i just said how i never score high on 4 and i think they're such opposites and blah blah haha but maybe it is accurate..?? who the hell knows...it's all too confusing!
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

very interesting!
    did you see that other test yesterday short? i actually tested as 7w6 4w5 9w8 as my tritype...when i just said how i never score high on 4 and i think they're such opposites and blah blah haha but maybe it is accurate..?? who the hell knows...it's all too confusing!
    I tested completely wrong on that test. (So I believe.) I got 3w2, 5w6, and 8w9. . I tried to adjust my answers a little bit but still came out with the same thing. I just don't think that's right.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

my 4w5 bf got 5w6
    -Jim Morrison