• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

esfp/isfp: se versus fi; who is leading the race?

your opinion is valued at wolfy inc

• Total voters

wolfy

awsm
turban_noguchi.jpg

which suits me?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
um....haha
so freakin weird wolfie....

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it is pretty great. i hope some sfp people respond because damn it is difficult to know if you're a shy extrovert or an introvert if the only thing you have to go on is how typically extraverted you are....i know i'm outward focused...i know that i am really energized by people...i think out loud...i check outside myself constantly...i look outside myself for things to entertain me. really all day...i'm gathering thoughts and ideas and researching and cramming everything in...i can tell that my energy is flowing outwards. if that makes sense...but i am not as extraverted as some enfp people and look like a total introvert next to an esfj.

gromit

likes this
I said ISFP. To me you seem like an introvert who's very comfortable with himself and interested in stuff.

KDude

ISFP suits you. Even ISFJ maybe. I don't think sociability should negate that, if that's what your thinking.

When Se is at the very.. umm.. central part of the ego, I don't think they would ultimately care whether they're shy, and stop themselves. Young or not. A lot of them could be shy, but still try to make impact in one way or another. I think as kids, they'd still try to find a way to have their needs met.. rather than sit back and let opportunities pass. As they grow up, they would unconsciously gauge what would work for them on these levels. In terms of what causes admiration, what entails style in a generally popular way, best kind of jokes, etc.. Not that they would be all of these things at once, but you'd probably recognize something about them that's concerned with their social placement - and good at it. Some might even be preachy, critical, or give people advice or motivate others on this stuff. You seem more individualistic and relaxed than this. If not mostly unconcerned.

The other thing is how reckless some can be... the kind of person who gravitates towards fun and action, but has inferior Ni (which basically would amount to an overconfidence about outcomes.. until it hits them in the face). ISFPs would make these kind of mistakes too, but I think Fi causes them to be more selective and idiosyncratic, and as they got older, better at projecting outcomes.

I'm going to vote "encompasses all types simultaneously" though. Because that's how I am. I am INTJ atm.

No wait.. I'm ENTP.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think you're an ISFP who might lean more toward social extroversion. I think you're an ISFP because of your posting style, as opposed to shortnsweet as an ESFP, who I kind of identify with in the way she interacts on the forum.

Of course, that's just my impression.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you're an ISFP who might lean more toward social extroversion. I think you're an ISFP because of your posting style, as opposed to shortnsweet as an ESFP, who I kind of identify with in the way she interacts on the forum.

Of course, that's just my impression.

that's a good observation. an extroverted introvert may seem more likely. my ex istj was more socially extraverted than me when it was socially acceptable to be...if that makes sense but i was the one who was never ready to go when it was my kind of environment....like he could do that oh hey there neighbor blah blah blah wanna cook out tonight thing and if they weren't my kind of people i'd kinda dread it but with people i instantly liked i'd initiate more...sorry this is even boring me ha

wolfy

awsm
It is funny that this showed up high when I googled esfp vs isfp