Thread: Celebrity Types

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default Celebrity Types

This is fun. I don't agree with some of the assignments but it's interesting to look at nonetheless.

http://www.celebritytypes.com/philosophers/

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ

Heh,as one of the admins I'm happy to see a thread was started about the site - less happy to see it generated no replies.

FYI, highlander, we listen to arguments against our typings (and we also prioritize writing 'Why This Person is XXXX" blog posts based on how controversial the typings seem to be), so if there are any particular typings that bug you, feel free to let us know.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Eco's a TypC alumnus.
    She started her typing here, then moved to create her own site.

Probably part of the lack of replies came from the reality we were down a lot in the spring. I know I never even saw that this thread had been created.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

It's an interesting site, and is based on a great idea. I've always enjoyed reading about famous people and what makes them successful (or not).

I'm really curious about why you think Trent Reznor & David Bowie are ISFP's. I think they are INFP and ENTJ, respectively.

But I agree it's an interesting site even though I disagree with a lot of the typings.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by unsung View Post
    I'm really curious about why you think Trent Reznor & David Bowie are ISFP's. I think they are INFP and ENTJ, respectively.
    I think they are INTP and ISTP.

There's also Barbara Walters typed as ENFJ on this site, while she's ESTP, I think.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I think they are INTP and ISTP.
    Why INTP for Reznor?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Eco's a TypC alumnus.
    She started her typing here, then moved to create her own site.
    Yup!

<--- *points at post count*

Probably part of the lack of replies came from the reality we were down a lot in the spring. I know I never even saw that this thread had been created.
    Oh, I like to think that's why!

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    It's an interesting site, and is based on a great idea. I've always enjoyed reading about famous people and what makes them successful (or not).
    Hey JAVO. Glad you enjoy it. (Curious, would my paranoia intuition be correct that you are diplomatically refraining from voicing just how much you disagree with the typings? )

Quote Originally Posted by unsung View Post

But I agree it's an interesting site even though I disagree with a lot of the typings.
    Glad you find it interesting!

I know both of the typings you mention are controversial. Reznor and Bowie are both in the pipeline for blog posts explaining our verdict.

If anyone wants to argue against a typing (not just voice disagreement, but provide specific examples of, say, Trent Reznor's use of Ne), we'll consider the arguments with an open mind (well, that is to say - my ENTP coadmin will consider them with an open mind, and then if he thinks there's something to it, he'll make this pigheaded J re-open her case as well ). We recently moved Newton from the INTPs to the INTJs on account of an email we got which did just that.

Feedback on the site apart from the typings is welcome as well. We're investing a lot of time in it and it is really helpful to find out how people perceive it - and that goes for both old-timers and newcomers to MBTI. So if part of the navigation bar gets cut off on your screen or if you show the site to your neophyte ISFJ relative and they close it as soon as they see they're in the same box as Heinrich Himmler we want to hear about it!

We have included the above blatant self-contradiction to illustrate Vamvacas' point: That INTJs often contradict themselves in terms of formal logic, owing to the fact that their points "inhere in integral images and visions, grasped as an indissoluble whole."
    Hehe. Unfortunately, it is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Hey JAVO. Glad you enjoy it. (Curious, would my paranoia intuition be correct that you are diplomatically refraining from voicing just how much you disagree with the typings? )
    Oh, you'll find out why sometime soon.

Just kidding. I simply don't much of a desire to research details about people or debate about their types very often. I'm content with evaluating others' observations and analysis, and then forming my own using that as external input.

I like the significant improvements you've made in content, navigation, and presentation. I think a search feature would be helpful. I sometimes think of a person and want to find opinions on what type they are.

It might be interesting to allow people to comment on the typings. This looks like an interesting platform to allow that, but I haven't explored it much.