• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Celebrity Types

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Heh,as one of the admins I'm happy to see a thread was started about the site - less happy to see it generated no replies. :wink:

FYI, highlander, we listen to arguments against our typings (and we also prioritize writing 'Why This Person is XXXX" blog posts based on how controversial the typings seem to be), so if there are any particular typings that bug you, feel free to let us know. :)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Eco's a TypC alumnus.
She started her typing here, then moved to create her own site. :)

Probably part of the lack of replies came from the reality we were down a lot in the spring. I know I never even saw that this thread had been created.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
It's an interesting site, and is based on a great idea. I've always enjoyed reading about famous people and what makes them successful (or not).

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm really curious about why you think Trent Reznor & David Bowie are ISFP's. I think they are INFP and ENTJ, respectively.

But I agree it's an interesting site even though I disagree with a lot of the typings. :D

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm really curious about why you think Trent Reznor & David Bowie are ISFP's. I think they are INFP and ENTJ, respectively.

I think they are INTP and ISTP.

There's also Barbara Walters typed as ENFJ on this site, while she's ESTP, I think.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Eco's a TypC alumnus.
She started her typing here, then moved to create her own site. :)

Yup!

<--- *points at post count* :yes:

Probably part of the lack of replies came from the reality we were down a lot in the spring. I know I never even saw that this thread had been created.

Oh, I like to think that's why! :biggrin:

It's an interesting site, and is based on a great idea. I've always enjoyed reading about famous people and what makes them successful (or not).

Hey JAVO. :bye: Glad you enjoy it. :) (Curious, would my paranoia intuition be correct that you are diplomatically refraining from voicing just how much you disagree with the typings? :wink:)

But I agree it's an interesting site even though I disagree with a lot of the typings. :D

Glad you find it interesting! :)

I know both of the typings you mention are controversial. Reznor and Bowie are both in the pipeline for blog posts explaining our verdict.

If anyone wants to argue against a typing (not just voice disagreement, but provide specific examples of, say, Trent Reznor's use of Ne), we'll consider the arguments with an open mind (well, that is to say - my ENTP coadmin will consider them with an open mind, and then if he thinks there's something to it, he'll make this pigheaded J re-open her case as well :wink:). We recently moved Newton from the INTPs to the INTJs on account of an email we got which did just that.

Feedback on the site apart from the typings is welcome as well. We're investing a lot of time in it and it is really helpful to find out how people perceive it - and that goes for both old-timers and newcomers to MBTI. So if part of the navigation bar gets cut off on your screen or if you show the site to your neophyte ISFJ relative and they close it as soon as they see they're in the same box as Heinrich Himmler ;) we want to hear about it! :)

Nicodemus

We have included the above blatant self-contradiction to illustrate Vamvacas' point: That INTJs often contradict themselves in terms of formal logic, owing to the fact that their points "inhere in integral images and visions, grasped as an indissoluble whole."
Hehe. Unfortunately, it is true.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Hey JAVO. :bye: Glad you enjoy it. :) (Curious, would my paranoia intuition be correct that you are diplomatically refraining from voicing just how much you disagree with the typings? :wink:)
Oh, you'll find out why sometime soon. :whistling:

Just kidding. :biggrin: I simply don't much of a desire to research details about people or debate about their types very often. I'm content with evaluating others' observations and analysis, and then forming my own using that as external input.

I like the significant improvements you've made in content, navigation, and presentation. I think a search feature would be helpful. I sometimes think of a person and want to find opinions on what type they are.

It might be interesting to allow people to comment on the typings. This looks like an interesting platform to allow that, but I haven't explored it much.