User Tag List

First 1234 Last

garbage

Same freakin' problem here, flip-flopping between 3w4 or 6w5. I identify with a pretty good portion of what you wrote, aside from having bonded with a parent and overreacting to "the sky is falling" scenarios.

Most descriptions paint 3s as vain (as per the dictionary definition), arrogant people with a lot of self-confidence, but I think that this

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    3 - aversion to worthlessness -> excessive pursuit of accomplishment
    is a much better depiction of what the type is really about.

MBTI
    ENFP

core motivation -> excessive behavior

7 - aversion to deprivation -> excessive experiencing and/or acquiring
    6 - aversion to fear -> excessive bonding and confronting
    4 - aversion to insignificance -> excessive individualism
    3 - aversion to worthlessness -> excessive pursuit of accomplishment
    Hmmm then I guess 4w3 and...6w7 as head type.
    However, I read it's all about defense mechanisms and what your "Origin of Loss" is to really assess your type.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I think that some of the things you mentioned are universal from a 16 year old's perspective. I remember also becoming very worried when my mother was late to pick me up. We all become more concerned with social and with receiving attention when in high school than we are later on. So, I think that is also somewhat universal.

I think it's hard to type people when they are younger because they are still in stages of development, and they are deeply influenced by their environments and their parents, so I'm skeptical as to how accurate a typing can be at the age of 16. 16 year olds can be homogenous in a lot of ways.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    SEE

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    I think that some of the things you mentioned are universal from a 16 year old's perspective. I remember also becoming very worried when my mother was late to pick me up. We all become more concerned with social when in high school than we are later on. So, I think that is also somewhat universal.

I think it's hard to type people when they are younger because they are still in stages of development, and they are deeply influenced by their environments and their parents, so I'm skeptical as to how accurate a typing can be at the age of 16.
    Not really that she's a teenager, but more that she's a teenager in one of the top schools in the country. There's MORE pressure to achieve there. Not just look good to others, but to compete and DO more.

Btw, I'm almost 17 and it took me forever to type myself, but only because 1.) I was more interested in real life than typology, and 2.) too many stereotypes and misconceptions out there until I actually looked into it beyond what the internet descriptions gave-- tbh they only scratch the surface, especially for 3's.
    ISTP 3w2 SX/SO

MBTI
    ENFP

I tried to picture myself in the near future and Yes the intensity would lessen out of high school, but I know I'd still be competitive and would never let myself "go" or slack off from true goals. I guess high school is scarier because it's the foundation from where you start off.
    Oh God my high school is sheer hell... I feel so stupid in comparison to the actual "human robots" or more like...calculators. I can only major in so few a subject... :3
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nomenclature View Post
    Not really that she's a teenager, but more that she's a teenager in one of the top schools in the country. There's MORE pressure to achieve there. Not just look good to others, but to compete and DO more.
    So you may take on more 3 as a result.... and it may not be true-to-you, which isn't so apparent at 16, when you've never experienced life outside of that particular environment. People don't know themselves at 16, generally. For most, they seem to have to completely break away from mom and dad's opinions, and from under their thumb, and the influences also of high school "friends", in order to truly know themselves, and that usually doesn't happen until around mid-20's. By 30, it seems that one is getting there lol......they are becoming a true individual by then. I was definitely more So in high school than I would ever care to be, because of influences and friends. I know that at 16, I would've thought I was an extrovert and a 3 probably.... lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomenclature View Post
    Btw, I'm almost 17 and it took me forever to type myself, but only because 1.) I was more interested in real life than typology, and 2.) too many stereotypes and misconceptions out there until I actually looked into it beyond what the internet descriptions gave-- tbh they only scratch the surface, especially for 3's.
    I agree. Books go more in-depth. Who isn't more interested in real life than typology lol? I'm here to improve my life in real.

As I said previously, I am and will remain skeptical that anyone can truly type themselves until later on in life (based on the results of looking at my own life and those of others), although I think that it is great that younger people are finding typology and using it!
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    Hmmm then I guess 4w3 and...6w7 as head type.
    However, I read it's all about defense mechanisms and what your "Origin of Loss" is to really assess your type.
    yeah, absolutely. it's just that sometimes that's so subconscious that it's not going to do you any help to read about those... hard to recognize something in yourself when your ego has a good reason to keep it quiet.

first time i read most enneagram stuff i was like HAHA DOESNT FIT ME and walked away.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

yeah, absolutely. it's just that sometimes that's so subconscious that it's not going to do you any help to read about those... hard to recognize something in yourself when your ego has a good reason to keep it quiet.

first time i read most enneagram stuff i was like HAHA DOESNT FIT ME and walked away.
    Yep, I also started trying to migrate toward what I WANTED my type to be (which was actually a 5 lol.....). I thought i was a 5 for a day..... then I realized that I was just lying to myself lmao..... although I was CLOSE at least. When I take the test, I still get a 5. I was happy with 5, and I didn't want to believe I was a 6, but I've grown into it now......

Then, I believed i was sp/sx because I have gotten away from sx some since i met my significant-other. I never really thought of myself as overly-sexual, but i realized, alas, that i was driven towards intimacy first and foremost. My mother was puritanical (9w1) and some of that had rubbed off on me, so I think I never totally admitted how intimacy-driven I was, to myself. I wouldn't say it was a shocker, but I just never saw myself in that light.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ENFP

I figured that typing around late teens would give insight to a developing personality.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i first took an enneagram test when i was 16, i didn't look that much into it at the time but i completely mistyped myself. i thought i was a 7w8, which now i wouldn't even consider. i think high school can kinda make you a different person, or you aren't clear about who you are yet. so it's probably not the best time to judge.