First 34567 Last

Thread: BAM!

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Lots and lots of practical examples of Si in use in comparison to Se in use. I've read the theoretical description of Si many times and I just couldn't relate to it.
    I'll keep that in mind.

btw, do you know any websites that describes the enneagram types WITH their wings?
    Try these two.

http://www.thechangeworks.com/ennpri...l#anchor101902
    http://www.mindheart.org/junction/ol...types/2/2.html

Lots of mumbo jumbo in there, though. Of course, that's why I ended up remodeling the Enneagram into a nearly unrecognizable system. Tired of all the flaky mumbo jumbo.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Riva

I guess that settles it.

I feel pretty confident that at this point no one here would say I'm ISFP.

It's funny because all my friends IRL all think I'm extrovert. I can now assure them that I am slightly expressed introvert.
    I always mistake the ISFJ girls in my life to be extroverts. Sometimes I confuse them to be ESFPs.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I always mistake the ISFJ girls in my life to be extroverts. Sometimes I confuse them to be ESFPs.
    Good to know I'm not alone. Maybe theirs is due to enneagram like me. I got ESFP the first time I took the MBTI test but after reading more about the enneagram I think that was because I'm 2w3 Sx, even though I have good use of Fi and Se.

A window to the soul

I read the entire thread and I'm at a loss. There were a lot of great questions, but I had a hard time translating your responses. Overall, you have a very warm, pleasant personality and a mature vibe (not grandma, just motherly ; D). I see more Fe than Fi.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Thanks for the feedback, Nerd Girl.

I know that according to the theory Fi /Fe are completely different functions but I struggle with seeing much of a difference between the two. For all the Fe that I and others think I have, I know that those feelings always come from within or internally, so I don't really see the difference in the two.

But yeah I do notice that compared to other people, I seem to focus on others more than on myself so I guess I use Fe more than Fi. I would not call myself selfless though because my sense of fairness and balance will eventually kick in.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???

ISFP

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by amerellis View Post
    ISFP

Really? Why do you think ISFP?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Thanks for the feedback, Nerd Girl.

I know that according to the theory Fi /Fe are completely different functions but I struggle with seeing much of a difference between the two. For all the Fe that I and others think I have, I know that those feelings always come from within or internally, so I don't really see the difference in the two.

But yeah I do notice that compared to other people, I seem to focus on others more than on myself so I guess I use Fe more than Fi. I would not call myself selfless though because my sense of fairness and balance will eventually kick in.
    You've always seemed very Fe to me, the warmth, the focus on others, even that sense of fairness you have to hear all members of the group.

I don't think you have to be selfless entirely to be an Fe type, in fact completely selflessness might not be healthy (i.e. doormat). Plus people can use Fe to selfish ends (but you don't seem to at all, I'm just saying in general).

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    This seriously may be the last straw in me deciding that the MBTI as it currently exists is totally inscrutable.
    Or perhaps the two systems don't meet eye to eye. Extraversion and introversion don't mean the same thing at all in the respective systems. Extraversion is a cognitive attitude for Jung, but for Myers it is a set of behaviors. Nor does Jung have a J or a P in his system. And Jungian functions cannot be tested for introversion and extraversion alone, they don't exist "per se" but only in terms of functions.

For example, Fi-dom does not mean introverted in MBTI terms. You probably are introverted, but the terms are not used synonymously.

The huge conceptual gap between the two systems is obscured by the fact that they use very similar terminology.

If Giggly scored ISFP on the professional MBTI, then it is what it is. But that doesn't directly mean anything about her Jungian function type. In other words, I wouldn't decide merely based on this result that Giggly is a Jungian Fi-dom Se-aux. On the other hand, I wouldn't throw away the ISFP score because of these dissimilarities.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    You've always seemed very Fe to me, the warmth, the focus on others, even that sense of fairness you have to hear all members of the group.
    Last I heard, "warmth" and "focus on others" and "fairness to hear all members of the group" did not necessarily amount to Fe traits.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”