User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: BAM!

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Wait a second. I know some NP's who are putterers too. I also know some directive STPs. Is it really Se that causes that?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Wait a second. I know some NP's who are putterers too. I also know some directive STPs. Is it really Se that causes that?
    I didn't say it was exclusively Se.

I was thinking in terms of ISFJ vs ISFP (the two types you were considering) and what was likely responsible for behavior within those two types.

EDIT: For one, the external function is open-ended, and for the other, it aims for closure.

What's funny is that if you get ISFJs and ISFPs in the right context, you can smack into the judgment Fi function for ISFPs (where they'll dig in) and the Si open perceptive function for ISFJ (usually where they just enjoy being with familiar people or in familiar surroundings).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Wait...did this "official" report measure functions or just the four dichotomies? Because in job-related things they tend to measure the four dichotomies because they just want to stick you somewhere.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I didn't say it was exclusively Se.
    Well, now I'm truly curious. What other functions might produce puttering?

What's funny is that if you get ISFJs and ISFPs in the right context, you can smack into the judgment Fi function for ISFPs (where they'll dig in) and the Si open perceptive function for ISFJ (usually where they just enjoy being with familiar people or in familiar surroundings).
    I'll be honest, if I'm buying into functions fully, I question if this is really possible. what I mean is, how much bending of a particular function can you really do before it starts becoming a different function in use?

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Wait...did this "official" report measure functions or just the four dichotomies? Because in job-related things they tend to measure the four dichotomies because they just want to stick you somewhere.
    There was no mention of functions.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Well, now I'm truly curious. What other functions might produce puttering?

I'll be honest, if I'm buying into functions fully, I question if this is really possible. what I mean is, how much bending of a particular function can you really do before it starts becoming a different function in use?
    It isn't function bending. I thought the same thing as well when I almost gave up on function theory. It is not bending functions to suit particular needs, because the motives and world views really are different...it can just LOOK the same on the surface, if it's not being examined

Any type can be rigid or bendy about SOMETHING.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

There was no mention of functions.
    It looks like a four dichotomy test, which I do not trust. I believe sincerely that businesses use four dichotomy tests because it is a simplistic Te way to compartmentalize people into categories which determine behavior rather than function.

The problem with that of course being that asking someone if they're scheduled, organized, make lists, or if they're messy is a really shallow and in in my opinion incorrect way to type people.

You really do seem ISFJ to me as well, you seem to be Fe, for what it's worth.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

FUCK Fe! Seriously.

It serves everyone but me.

I wish I could get rid of it but before I can even think and override it it kicks in.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    ...What does it say about me that I almost thought this thread was about Emeril Lagasse?
    Me too! Either Emeril or Obama!
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

FUCK Fe! Seriously.

It serves everyone but me.

I wish I could get rid of it but before I can even think and override it it kicks in.
    But I wub your Fe.
    Go to sleep, iguana.